Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I have one of these

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=117&cp_id=11704&cs_id=1170401&p_id=12571&seq=1&format=2

Its like a go pro except $60. In fact, the packaging, accessories, and apparent physical quality of the unit itself (and case) is so out of this world for $60 I'm literally afraid its not a camera and just a piece of lead inside. But in the off chance it actually works I'm trying to figure out how to attach this loving thing to my full face motorcycle helmet. For a go pro I'd just use a j-hook for the front of my helmet and probably some kind of ball socket thing for the side. I prefer the front due to wind even if it looks a little supermoto homosexual. I already look like a dweeb though so, whatever, I want it on the front.

But how can I do that? It would seem a highly common use for a go pro knockoff is on helmets, and preferably you wouldn't want one on top unless you rode a crappy bicycle, and any other configuration would have it like pointing completely sideweays. Wtf? Am I retarded??

Anyways, I have faith in GBS and you've always helped me before, its why I keep coming back. Keep it up :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Very carefully

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
"Faux Pro," I like that.

Mine cost $42 when I bought it six months ago, $52 now.

I've taken it scuba diving several times in the ocean, deepest depth 52 feet, it works flawlessly, both video and stills, and it comes with two batteries and a shitload of accessories.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
you should buy the go pro mounting system and an adaptor or something I'm sure they have it on amazon

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
clean both surfaces with alcohol and then use two-part epoxy or just a big ol' glob of JB Weld

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Don't do the above. The following comes off easily with a hairdryer.

Okay so you get some epoxy putty and you put it in some saran wrap. Place the adhesive mount on one side of the putty and push it against your helmet to mold the putty so you have something in between the mount and helmet. Once the putty dries, attach the adhesive mount and then use double sided foam tape on the other side to attach to your helmet.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

just hold it up there with your hand. you still have the other one

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Look at these idiots photographing themselves doing outside poo poo when you can just browse google for other people doing outside poo poo.

lol idiots.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Mine is held on with 3M VHB which is an excellent double-sided tape. I regularly pick up the helmet by the camera. It's also removable if need be.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I dont know why I didnt consider just sticking the drat thing on my helmet lol, especially considering the only thing that has to remain is the backplate of the thing

The epoxy thing sounds pretty sick but I feel like there's a missing step

But im just going to 3m it to my helmet

Thanks guys!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Make sure you have someone to share your death video here

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
maybe you all have some awesome double sided tape that I've never experienced before but I can't imagine double sided tape holding a camera onto a motorcycle helmet at any kind of speed

Aug 4, 2010

duct tape

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

www posted:

duct tape

gaffers tape

simple
Apr 11, 2007
hammer and some nails

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Nice thanks for wearing an easily identifiable indicator that you suck and everyone should stay away from you and your weird posercam as you crash everywhere like a retarded child can't wait to see the footy

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
*revs engine* can't wait to put this on Instagram

*gets dusted by a 12 year old who actually knows how to ride*

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
you need to get a drone to fully document the first and last time you exit your basement

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Nobody is gonna watch your lame rear end footage.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

City of Tampa posted:

maybe you all have some awesome double sided tape that I've never experienced before but I can't imagine double sided tape holding a camera onto a motorcycle helmet at any kind of speed

Auto type stores used to sell a super heavy duty double stick tape for reattaching Chevrolet or Ford logos, etc., that didn't have screws on them. My brother put some on my car like eight years ago and they're still there. And I think you can still scrape it off with a putty knife if you want.

I just wonder if having that on there will interfere with the helmet's shock absorption capabilities if you crash.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

roymorrison posted:

you need to get a drone to fully document the first and last time you exit your basement

notZaar posted:

Nobody is gonna watch your lame rear end footage.

vlog 7/12/16 #1

theyre hassling me again *revs* *rev rev rev rev rev rev vroom vrev rev rev rev* heh all better

astrollinthepork posted:

Don't do the above. The following comes off easily with a hairdryer.

Okay so you get some epoxy putty and you put it in some saran wrap. Place the adhesive mount on one side of the putty and push it against your helmet to mold the putty so you have something in between the mount and helmet. Once the putty dries, attach the adhesive mount and then use double sided foam tape on the other side to attach to your helmet.

Oh wait maybe I understand this, one side is flat and one side fits the contour better and i shove the 2 side poo poo on b oth sides

penus penus penus fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 12, 2016

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

have you tried cable ties op?

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007
Just screw it on with some old drywall screws, you are thinking too hard about this.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
Duct tape... lots and lots of duct tape.

Duh!!!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I have one of these

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=117&cp_id=11704&cs_id=1170401&p_id=12571&seq=1&format=2

Its like a go pro except $60. In fact, the packaging, accessories, and apparent physical quality of the unit itself (and case) is so out of this world for $60 I'm literally afraid its not a camera and just a piece of lead inside. But in the off chance it actually works I'm trying to figure out how to attach this loving thing to my full face motorcycle helmet. For a go pro I'd just use a j-hook for the front of my helmet and probably some kind of ball socket thing for the side. I prefer the front due to wind even if it looks a little supermoto homosexual. I already look like a dweeb though so, whatever, I want it on the front.

But how can I do that? It would seem a highly common use for a go pro knockoff is on helmets, and preferably you wouldn't want one on top unless you rode a crappy bicycle, and any other configuration would have it like pointing completely sideweays. Wtf? Am I retarded??

Anyways, I have faith in GBS and you've always helped me before, its why I keep coming back. Keep it up :D

Are you adv riding or just filming sick wheelies down the interstate?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Are you adv riding or just filming sick wheelies down the interstate?

tbh its because someone caused me to wreck and left the scene and it really pissed me off, like actually stopped and opened the door and looked at me on the ground then sped off like a little bitch, police obviously couldnt do anything with "blue suv with white woman" and I wasnt paying attention to the plate because there was 450 lbs on top of me

also wheelies down the interstate ofc

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

always take a gun with you friend so you can loving MURDER people who piss you off on the road!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

tbh its because someone caused me to wreck and left the scene and it really pissed me off, like actually stopped and opened the door and looked at me on the ground then sped off like a little bitch, police obviously couldnt do anything with "blue suv with white woman" and I wasnt paying attention to the plate because there was 450 lbs on top of me

also wheelies down the interstate ofc

good luck on making your own snuff film

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Yes the epoxy putty is to mold to the contours of the mount and helmet chin. On actual gopros the mount has an adhesive backing. It goes mount/adhesive/putty/adhesive/helmet. Also, the saran wrap is solely to protect your helmet and mount from the putty until it cures. Unwrap it after it gets relatively firm. Go look for 3M double sided foam tape at your local hardware store. I got some at Meijer. Doesnt need to be the VHB stuff. If you can't find the putty, go to petco or some other well stocked aquaria store for fluval putty that's used to attach coral and such.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

use a two part epoxy compound to firmly lodge the camera in your anus

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
but why OP?

for what reason?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

hemale in pain posted:

always take a gun with you friend so you can loving MURDER people who piss you off on the road!

I do this and it is, to put it in terms of pokemon, SUPER EFFECTIVE.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Moridin920 posted:

but why OP?

for what reason?

youtube sensation

astrollinthepork posted:

Yes the epoxy putty is to mold to the contours of the mount and helmet chin. On actual gopros the mount has an adhesive backing. It goes mount/adhesive/putty/adhesive/helmet. Also, the saran wrap is solely to protect your helmet and mount from the putty until it cures. Unwrap it after it gets relatively firm. Go look for 3M double sided foam tape at your local hardware store. I got some at Meijer. Doesnt need to be the VHB stuff. If you can't find the putty, go to petco or some other well stocked aquaria store for fluval putty that's used to attach coral and such.

Thanks for real its what im gonna do

Thanks GBS!!!

XoXo

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Three loving dollars.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Adjustm...85%3A2470955011

I've crashed really loving hard on dirtbikes with these mounts and I've never lost the camera.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

This guy fucks

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

12 hours of footage, filmed across various intervals. A meaty man in his mid 30s wearing khakis and a flannel shirt revs his motorcycle in the garage and practices with the kickstand.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Use a few lag bolts. Just make sure and install it while wearing the helmet, it's a little tricky to put on after the fact.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Frankenstyle posted:

Use a few lag bolts. Just make sure and install it while wearing the helmet, it's a little tricky to put on after the fact.

ONE WEIRD TRICK THAT NEUROLOGISTS HATE!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Is motorcycle go pro bullshit the Twitch.TV for people who don't play bideo games or what

• Locked thread