Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

When Bisping decides to hang it up they better throw money at him to call fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I'm enjoying Sam Alvey trolling Bisping from a thousand miles away

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I like how he didn't directly challenge Bisping

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
oh boy I get to watch the punchmen punch men :neckbeard:

Any good matches on the main card tonight? Like either good as in excitingly matched or good as in fat guy coming out to weird al

I'll take either I'm not picky

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

Chokes McGee posted:

Any good matches on the main card tonight? Like either good as in excitingly matched or good as in fat guy coming out to weird al

The main event (McDonald/Lineker) should be incredibly exciting. There's two heavyweights I don't recognize fighting, not sure if either/both are fat

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Chokes McGee posted:

the card is all good

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chokes McGee posted:

The main card is pretty good from what I'm seeing.

There's also a lot of up and coming talent you can watch and then look back fondly when they win the belt after 10 years like I did with Bisping and TUF 3 :unsmith:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Main event should have a lot of striking. Couple of UFC premieres. Should be a good night of fights

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Vitamin Boss posted:

The main event (McDonald/Lineker) should be incredibly exciting. There's two heavyweights I don't recognize fighting, not sure if either/both are fat

Sounds awesome, keep me posted vis a vis the fat

Will be home from groceries shortly, v. Excited

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Ah it's time for Blonde Fighter to get knocked out

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
Smolka/Nguyen should also be cool imo and I forgot it was on this card

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Haha, her nickname actually is Blonde Fighter

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Blonde fighter has good footwork but keeps calling for the center to hike the ball

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
i missed alvey, what did he dooo

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The commission seems to have only hired two refs for this card.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hut

HUT

HUTHUT

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Hut hut hut hut

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

sweet Karate Kiais

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Her nickname should be Tecmo Bowl

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

She makes sure to hut even in the clinch.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eat Bum Zen posted:

He went on a sort of longwinded call out of sorts.

He said Bisping would lose to Hendo, who he'd then face and probably lose to but wanted to fight another guy first as well as calling out all European fighters to challenge him so he can fight in Europe.

He also said his next kid is due in 10 days and wanted to get a bonus from Dana. Imagine all of this being sort of funny in Alvey's normal style.

The Bisping/Hendo thing also carried past the commercial break where Bisping was calling Alvey crazy and insane etc.

Basically, just go look for it when the video/replay is available. It's odd but funny.

THRILLED 2B HERE
Jan 14, 2006
What's with the vocalisation on every punch, it's almost as bad as womens tennis.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Her nickname should be Tecmo Bowl

1) Get in octagon
2) pick Bo Jackson
3) win via ko in 17 sec

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Unfunny Poster posted:

He went on a sort of longwinded call out of sorts.

He said Bisping would lose to Hendo, who he'd then face and probably lose to but wanted to fight another guy first as well as calling out all European fighters to challenge him so he can fight in Europe.

He also said his next kid is due in 10 days and wanted to get a bonus from Dana. Imagine all of this being sort of funny in Alvey's normal style.

The Bisping/Hendo thing also carried past the commercial break where Bisping was calling Alvey crazy and insane etc.

Basically, just go look for it when the video/replay is available. It's odd but funny.

ah, lmao. thank you for that

did someone make the women's tennis joke yet?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Hut won that round off of volume but she has like negative power

Mons Public
Jun 22, 2006

Sometimes I look for Rupees.

THRILLED 2B HERE posted:

What's with the vocalisation on every punch, it's almost as bad as womens tennis.

it's called a kiai and it's dumb

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Standing guillotined his opponent, then proclaimed his love for the state of South Dakota and his imminent child, called out the entirety of Europe, and then predicted that Dan Henderson is going to beat Bisping for the title and hold it till he's 60, whereupon he will lose it to Sam Alvey.

The latter caused Bisping to go in a minute-long tirade on the air afterwards, as a bonus.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She didn't say "Hut" in response to her corner's instructions :smith:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The vocalizations are very reminiscent of Holly Holms debut.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RobBorer posted:

it's called a kiai and it's dumb

It works though, I can't get sword strikes anywhere near clean in tatamigishiri without it

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THRILLED 2B HERE posted:

Its a thing that is used in a lot of karate, tae kwon do, etc. that people do. It, apparently, helps you deal a little more power than not doing it but it also sounds really dumb and annoying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiai

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

THRILLED 2B HERE posted:

exhalations while punching tighten your core which is necessary for good punching and also leaves your body in a strong position if you're hit on the counter. vocalisation is reasonably common.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Murphy gonna lose this fight if she don't finish.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Eat Bum Zen posted:

He won a couple heavy trades, fought off some grappling and then front guillotined the dude. Did insane promo afterwards.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Its a thing that is used in a lot of karate, tae kwon do, etc. that people do. It, apparently, helps you deal a little more power than not doing it but it also sounds really dumb and annoying.

Forces you to sync up breath movement and focus. Plus can kind of throw your opponent off it you have a loud good one

Like it's not a magic spell or anything but it does help

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Well I take that back this is a 10-8 round after she lost the first

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chokes McGee posted:

Forces you to sync up breath movement and focus. Plus can kind of throw your opponent off it you have a loud good one

Like it's not a magic spell anything but it does help

Yeah but most places I have taken kickboxing/boxing also doesn't make me shout out "hut", but more of a "hss" that's quieter and does the same thing.

It's pretty uncommon you hear someone in the UFC say "hut" as much as this chick was.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah but most places I have taken kickboxing/boxing also doesn't make me shout out "hut", but more of a "hss" that's quieter and does the same thing.

It's pretty uncommon you hear someone in the UFC say "hut" as much as this chick was.

HUP is about one step removed from HIYAH yeah

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

fatherdog posted:

Standing guillotined his opponent, then proclaimed his love for the state of South Dakota and his imminent child, called out the entirety of Europe, and then predicted that Dan Henderson is going to beat Bisping for the title and hold it till he's 60, whereupon he will lose it to Sam Alvey.

The latter caused Bisping to go in a minute-long tirade on the air afterwards, as a bonus.

how can someone so in tune with trolling be so thin skinned

Ratios and Tendency posted:

He won a couple heavy trades, fought off some grappling and then front guillotined the dude. Did insane promo afterwards.

haha a front guillotine in this day and age. i thought those were subs that never, ever worked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

These are the lightest punches I've ever seen.

• Locked thread