Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will fundies think hillary is the whore of babylon if she gets elected
no, op.
who the hell cares why are you asking this
:ghost:
:hampants::hampants::hampants::hampants::hampants::hampants::hampants::hampants:
sure, probably. they're always up to something, like ninjas
sure whatever man
libruls!!!!!!!1
you're the whore of babylon, op
god owes me ten american dollars
View Results

• Locked thread
Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
The whore of babylon has always been the catholic church according to the fundies I know. Hilldawg got nothin on centuries of blasphemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We don't call them fundies here in the states OP. I think at least 50% of the "left-leaning" democrats are religious enough to be considered "fundie" by Euro standards.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Francis is the white horse and last pope H.T.H.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Professor Shark posted:

Please don't vote. For anyone.

in the year 2032 americans are so fat depressed and drugged up the war of the next generation of clintons vs. bush is decided by the 18 remaining voters, mostly family, people theyve raped, and the families of those victims battling out in the booth based arena

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Vote downticket and write in bernie or leave the presodential ballot blank

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
We have always been at war with Babylonia.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
how can one whore service the whole population of babylon?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The us will befriend the iatollah

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tricky D posted:

Like throwin a hotdog down a hallway. :smith:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Tricky D posted:

she does the same trick that jesus pulled feeding the multitude with seven loaves of bread and fish, but with her vagina.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
fundies have been saying the world is ending for about 1000 years now and as far as I can tell it's still going strong

joke_explainer
Dec 28, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

But the 'whore of babylon' was a super obvious reference to the Roman Empire at the time it was written. Surely all good christians are aware of this.

I think its pretty obvious they will conspire that Hillary is secretly the Roman Empire.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Moridin920 posted:

fundies have been saying the world is ending for about 2000 years now and as far as I can tell it's still going strong

It was suppose to happen within the lifetime of the apostles.

Maybe, Jesus just stood them up. :saddowns:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Crimson Harvest posted:

The whore of babylon has always been the catholic church according to the fundies I know. Hilldawg got nothin on centuries of blasphemy.

Came here to post this

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Life is brutal and religious hope for a better world inspires one to be better and make the kingdom of heaven a reality in a collaborative act of universal alms giving and communal living

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

hemophilia posted:

Life is brutal and religious hope for a better world inspires one to be better and make the kingdom of heaven a reality in a collaborative act of universal alms giving and communal living

Cool fantasy setting bro

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Crimson Harvest posted:

Cool fantasy setting bro

Takes a while u wont live to see it heathen

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
yeah i dont think john of patmos was thinking long-term

hemophilia posted:

the kingdom of heaven is a cool lie

naem
May 29, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

But the 'whore of babylon' was a super obvious reference to the Roman Empire at the time it was written. Surely all good christians are aware of this.

It's ironic as heck that the Romans converted to Christianity

Well, if Catholics count I mean

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

That Robot posted:

if hillary gets elected?

i figure that the rage will boil over with them, and they'll want to try to find some way to make their loss more cosmic, like when they called barack obama the anti-christ or a secret reverse gay muslim.

so far, i have not heard anyone use "whore of babylon" seriously as late.

what you been up to, that robot? :hfive:

i like this thread

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

naem posted:

If you can't beat'm, join'm.

I'm not sure to whom that's applying in this circumstance, but still.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Strudel Man posted:

i mean you can translate the literal meaning from the original hebrew text all you want but there are people arguing themselves to death over interpretations of interpretations of mistranslations

young earth creationism thinks the earth is younger than the actual age of the bible, because the bible says so (it doesnt)

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
let's get a goddamn woman in that office, tout suite

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
No, OP. I personally guarantee you there is not one single Republican in America that wants to consider Hillary in a sexual sense apart from, "reckon her and Bill met cause they was datin the same woman in college hyuck hyuck :bahgawd:"

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i also guarantee you there is not one person in america who wants to consider hillary by her own merits instead of as a denial vote for the other party

like at this point that is basically her campaign strategy

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

hemophilia posted:

on reflection i could see clinton doing this tbh

Stay out of Fort Marcy Park and you'll be fine.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

A misanthrope posted:

what you been up to, that robot? :hfive:

i like this thread

good

ive been killin it and smoking weed and learning from dad gay. so what

and doing poo poo on irc w/ gbs peeps

naem posted:

its pretty great

let's kill this guy and then eventually convert to his religion; we'll just blame the jews. lol

Network Pesci posted:

No, OP. I personally guarantee you there is not one single Republican in America that wants to consider Hillary in a sexual sense apart from, "reckon her and Bill met cause they was datin the same woman in college hyuck hyuck :bahgawd:"

so is hillary bi then?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Strudel Man posted:

Uh the bible is the literal. It's a prostitute from the Babylon

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
(It's your mom)

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

no goku option gently caress off rear end in a top hat

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

naem posted:

i've heard a lot of arguments of when ancient rome ended, modern rome began, lovely rome started, rome officially ended, so it's impossible for people to agree on pinpointing one decline

but many people think that constantine (who was never called 'the great' in any language in his own lifetime) caving in to the christians, either truly converting or converting just for show and public support from christians, and the building of constantinople was the end or the downfall of a rome that was truly roman, i believe this was the year 333

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
it was actually 69

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Crimson Harvest posted:

Well no poo poo, they used to literally just sell indulgences, now they just make you spank yourself or whatever.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

hemophilia posted:

write in bernie

This is apparently as bad as voting trump now and signifies peak mra pua berniebro

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

This is apparently as bad as voting trump now and signifies peak mra pua berniebro

it's always been that way and the narrative has always been a politically active progressive voter who won't ultimately accept a neoliberal like clinton is sexist, racist, or some kind of supreme jerkass no matter what, and defintiely not truly interested in the state of the left wing, and these people/26 year olds MY AGE who truly seem to think this every time olympics and president season come along that we must play defense or offense w the presidency and then going straight back to giving -1 of a gently caress about the senate, house or quality of the pool of presidential progressives. Noooobody cares except on presidential poo poo and they should SUCK MY SUPREME, PRINCIPLED, AND MORE RIGHTEOUSER THAN THOU rear end

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the mercifully dying second wave boomers also do this. it's basically boomers vs. millenials and nobody wins as a dead boomer is probably more likely to vote ever than a living millenial

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I'm going to write in Robert Morrow, the cool-rear end psychotic Texas chairman who rates anime titties all day

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

What's amazing is just ratfucking trump and picking a classic non tea party non neocon, i know there's very few left, maybe a couple, would probably cause them to win lol

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
I put a checkmark in each box!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
What is the whore of Babylon?

• Locked thread