Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

So does carrying a gun make your armor weaker or are gunners just going to be invincible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

BMan posted:

So does carrying a gun make your armor weaker or are gunners just going to be invincible?

Gunners take more physical damage and less elemental. Blademasters vice versa. It's tied to the weapons this time, not the armor.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Has there been a bad change yet?

Beside some grognards being upset that instead of standing still with drinking a potion you now walk slowly.

I think everything is looking better then ever.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Removing styles and arts if you like those things

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Same for prowler I guess

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Ah the catbuddy streamlining isn't great if you want a catfarm. I always focused on a few of them so I don't mind. But I could see that being a downer for a lot of people.

I'm glad styles are gone because gamers are incapable of having fun with different styles and decided what was best and 'should' be used. Looks like they integrated them into weapons though on that one.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Bombadilillo posted:

I'm glad styles are gone because gamers are incapable of having fun with different styles and decided what was best and 'should' be used.

You're not wrong about gamers, but it was also definitely the case that a handful of weapon/style combinations were basically a downgrade in every way.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
No poogie in World, apparently. That makes me sad.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

i am tim! posted:

What is this garbage trash bullshit.

Do we at least get some kind of new local pet?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

i am tim! posted:

I could have sworn I heard in a video last week that Poogie was in the game in some form

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Poogie is in according to two dev interviews I saw so stop spreading these malicious and hurtful lies.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Bleck posted:

You're not wrong about gamers, but it was also definitely the case that a handful of weapon/style combinations were basically a downgrade in every way.

Not to mention some weapons got absolute trash hunting arts while others like sword and shield got the top 3 arts in the game.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

i am tim! posted:

Poogie is in the game, that IGN video/article made assumptions based on their hands-on time where he hadn't appeared yet. Not sure if he lives in your house or not, but now we can have a large variety of pets, anyway.

By the way, while so far it seems like only the tiny "critters" are capturable as pets and not any actual small monsters, I'll still throw a tantrum if I find out we can't have a pet Remobra.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i am tim! posted:

rip moofahs, the superior pet that debuted and was left behind in Generations :(

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Those changes are really appealing. The end of the article also says poogies are coming back in a way.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Two months from today til the console release and still not a world about the PC version.

I'm really glad I already have a PS4

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Weeping Wound posted:

rip moofahs, the superior pet that debuted and was left behind in Generations :(

How can you be so wrong.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Mosswine Poogie number one!

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 27, 2017

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Haquer posted:

How can you be so wrong.

They're right, Moofahs are superior. Especially Moofy :3:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Moofahs were great. I want them to return.

Really I liked Bherna and the Wycademy a lot in general.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Bherna was dope and Moofahs are top tier but Poogie is poogie and it's not MH without poogie.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Bherna was poo poo. What was it's identity? A stone hut and some hills? It didn't feel like a village at all. Cheese? The cheese was lame.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Ur poo poo. Fondue is hella sweet :colbert:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
All kitchens are poo poo. Bring back Bathing With Friends.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bombadilillo posted:

Ah the catbuddy streamlining isn't great if you want a catfarm. I always focused on a few of them so I don't mind. But I could see that being a downer for a lot of people.

I'm glad styles are gone because gamers are incapable of having fun with different styles and decided what was best and 'should' be used. Looks like they integrated them into weapons though on that one.

Aerial style was rad. That was my favorite. I never got the hang of Adept. Though I think they're just incorporating Aerial style into everything now? At the very least I can still pole vault and air dash with my old buddy the bugstick.

Countblanc posted:

Same for prowler I guess

But yeah this is the only thing I'm legit upset about. They add in this and World is perfect, as far as I'm concerned. I can live with only having one cat if I can be the cat.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
Fine Capcom/Sony you win. I guess I will be buying a PS4 as it will probably be awhile still until PC release, plus I have no self control and must play the beta.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

7c Nickel posted:

Bherna was poo poo. What was it's identity? A stone hut and some hills? It didn't feel like a village at all. Cheese? The cheese was lame.

I mean, it's halfway between a Swiss village and an academy outpost. Those villages can be pretty sparse thanks to the mountainous terrain. I felt like it pulled that off pretty well.

Not much worse than something like Pokke which is mostly Bherna but snowier.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I’ve never been so glad to be called out for being wrong by a bunch of goons as I am right now.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Squidtentacle posted:

I mean, it's halfway between a Swiss village and an academy outpost. Those villages can be pretty sparse thanks to the mountainous terrain. I felt like it pulled that off pretty well.

Not much worse than something like Pokke which is mostly Bherna but snowier.

At least Pokke has buildings instead of everyone hanging out in a field.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
My spicy take after playing X, Gen, and XX: they were not very good other than styles and MH4U was better.

Moofahs and Bherna or whatever the English spelling is can eat my rear end in a top hat bring back The Man and my poogie saving in my Everwood misadventures thanks.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Haquer posted:

My spicy take after playing X, Gen, and XX: they were not very good other than styles and MH4U was better.

Moofahs and Bherna or whatever the English spelling is can eat my rear end in a top hat bring back The Man and my poogie saving in my Everwood misadventures thanks.

well yeah but styles carry the entire game and are really great

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
lmao if you aren't smooching moofahs

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
If they bring Valfalk, Glavenus, and Mitsuzune over to World, Gen/XX can die in a fire for all I care.

Deviants, especially, should get fired into the sun.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I like the concept of Deviants and being more than just a palette swap with one new move. The permit and ticket system is loving garbage though and would be 10000000x better if they were just regular post game quests.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Marogareh posted:

I like the concept of Deviants and being more than just a palette swap with one new move. The permit and ticket system is loving garbage though and would be 10000000x better if they were just regular post game quests.

Same feelings about them, gently caress those missions where you have to capture them and you can't bring your own items.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Deviants were simultaneously way more in-depth and way less fun to fight than normal sub-species most of time. gently caress whoever came up with Dreadqueen.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
It would be really weird if after their culling of all the bullshit they kept tickets/permits. I'll cheat my way out when I get to it because fuuuuck that.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Have they said what the Beta is going to be like in 10 days? I assume it will be like the ones on 3ds where you get to hunt a few different monsters.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Also is the beta just that 3 day window?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
glavenus sucks put in raizex instead

• Locked thread