Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Rainuwastaken posted:

Gaijinhunter actually has a video for that!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0oXVcO_y1A

Thanks for this, will probably make use of it! Ultimately I think I want Gammoth or Mizutsune armor for ~pretty~, though.

I am thoroughly ready to Hunt Monsters. Bring on aerial bugblade and the revised bow. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Lemming posted:

When does this go live on the eShop? Tomorrow night at midnight EST is what I'm hoping

If it's not midnight, it'll be closer to noon on Friday.

For my part I'm going to need to swing by my local store on Friday and pick it up, THEN I get to bash monsters.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Ceramics posted:

Some Capcom PR guy on neogaf says 9am PST so...yeah :(

Standard release time for third-party software, it shouldn't surprise people.

That just means I won't be tempted to get it on the eShop despite having pre-ordered it. :v:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Honestly for the super-early game just slap on a weapon you can kill small things with quickly and power through it. Only worry about actually choosing weapons to main once the game begins consistently throwing things at you that are big enough for your entire toolkit to come into play.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

EightFlyingCars posted:

I think I'm gonna main Hammer. Should I kick the cats to the curb?

cat golfing is a time honored hammer tradition, don't you dare leave it behind

ten hours :ohdear: while I have plenty to do in the meantime, I'm still very much looking forward to the improved bow in mhg

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

only in adept. Aerial has no power shot

Guild style is at the whim of the bow's shot type, so if a bow is normally arc, you get arc in Guild style. You get adept style, it's a power shot bow now

I think striker is the same as guild, at the whim at the bow's shot type, not sure

Yeah, this is incorrect. Every single bow now gets both - in previous MH games you had to choose between power or arc shots as a special, they realized this was hot garbo, and now all bows do both. Furthermore you can now do a followup power attack from a charged shot with A, so long as your Stamina holds out. This means that pretty much every bow can do gonzo damage now, so long as you manage your range and your coatings.

You also get an additional back roll in Guild style that can also be followed into a shot.

Guild and Adept bow are both really, really good + fun in MHG and feel like what they always wanted bow to be. There's virtually no manual aiming, though as always bow is kind of pants for small stuff because you can't center the camera on them.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Argue posted:

So, what's the bossest weapon for Aerial style? I mained GL last gen but the nerf looks real bad to me so I'm gonna go for something else.

Aerial I-Glaive is the bossest of all possible air weapons. Aerial bowgun is also really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Rage McDougal posted:

According to Amazon there's been an "unexpected delay" with my pre-order so it won't arrive for another couple of weeks.

Can any UK goons confirm that it has actually physically released today and this is just Amazon being a bit poo poo and running out of copies (isn't the whole point of a pre-order to stop that from happening?), before I make a 30 min detour on my commute home to get it at a brick-and-mortar instead.

It is absolutely 100% released worldwide today. You got hosed on pre-ordering, sorry :(

this is why I don't pre-order games too often anymore, but I was a bit worried this might actually sell out physical and I want the physical version of this one for a few reasons

• Locked thread