Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Countblanc posted:

I want Brachydios but I'm worried he looks too silly/fantastical compared to the other monsters they're using. Great trailer though, good poo poo

I think most of the flagship guys will make it in except Lagiacrus because swimming is dead. The people making the games clearly thought they were the coolest monsters to give them that status in the first place. Maybe not the Gore Magala too? I hope Brachydios makes it in because he's my favourite dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I think Nargacuga would be a good fit in this game. And hope Zinogre makes it in because he's so :krad:

The rest I'm not so confident in them making it. Think they'll focus on new monsters. Plus, don't think be roster size is going to be larger than 30.

Would love to be wrong though!

Brachydios is at least ten times cooler than Zinogre, 9 out of 10 Doodles agree. Rathian, Rathalos, Tigrex, Zinogre, Brachydios, Nargacuga and then whichever of 4U you consider the flagship (probably Gore, but maybe Seregios?) is 7 monsters, that still leaves 23 for your roster of 30 while still having the most famous ones in. I think a perennial fan favourite like Lagombi is an easy in and I'd love to see Deviljho but one of the new guys they've shown seems to be taking that big jerk dinosaur role, so who knows. Its all just hopes and prayers anyway, what I really need is So Tasty.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TFRazorsaw posted:

I will say though, that for all the cases made about the graphical upgrade, it doesn't really look like something that needs high end hardware (they basically upgraded from PS2 graphics to PS3 graphics), so... I kinda side-eye the fact it's not coming out on certain hardware and wonder what the story there is.

I'm hoping it's gonna be similar to their previous MT Framework stuff where it ran super well on even low end PCs.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I've got three herbivore eggs but I can't clear the quest to show the Worrywart Rider one in Stories. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: nevermind! I abandoned and retook the quest and its good!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Hoots and hollers insults about the other monsters still they show up.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Black Diablos I paintballed just dies but a Gendrome I blow up in a single turn sets up a nest. I got Tigrex thanks to Peco though!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The easiest way I've found to get rarer stuff is to see where the quest to murder one says they live and then use Qurupeco's ability to start fights there until you find what you want. Got 4 Tigrex eggs in Darj right after the other that way and managed to snag a Rathian to actually fight and a Red Khezu.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
What's a good build for the Deviljho, my idiot Qurupeco son summoned one and now I have an egg. I'm assuming big on Power and Dragon? Hopefully I'll see a Brachy soon so whats good on them. Power (or whatever its type is, but i'm guessing power) and +status chance?

I still haven't seen a wild Rathalos and my speed baby is a Rathian I got in the second area.

Your Computer posted:

I've been looking through the trailer of MHW again and I have no idea why people were saying it looked dated before because god drat this game looks gorgeous. The fur effects in particular caught my eye (like on our new pal Puff and as part of armor sets) and it looks amazing. Now I'm starting to get worried if my PC will actually run this :shepicide:

Its MT Framework which has been great performance wise for the graphics it gives for everything else so you should be good with anything newer than like 2012.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Uragaan is invincible but relies on the Blast > detonate move for big damage. Basarios and Gravios didn't seem to do much for me, Basarios wasn't even that tanky for me, but the big lasers are pretty powerful. Maybe the variants will be better? I think I'm about to get Rank 6 monsters once I go back to Hakum village after Weird Congala House so I can have this Green Nargacuga join the team! Still waiting for a wild Rathalos and a regular Nargacuga dangit.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Zore posted:

Regular Rathalos and Azure Rathalos have unlocked as rare spawns in the beginner area at that point. Regular Nargacuga similarly is finadable via Qurupeco there right now but you'll run into it really soon.

I met a Nargacuga and a Ruby Basarios but they wouldn't go to their nests! I gotta go back to beat up the little fellas in the cave anyway so hopefully I can grab one. Tempted to bumrush the crystals to get rank 8 monsties though cos I need that dang Jho

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Your Computer posted:

So they're really doing this, huh? That's sad. The localized names are pretty cool and add a lot of flavor (like the -sioth you mention) :( It also makes names like Mizutsune and Amatsu stand out because they're clearly Japanese (even if they actually changed them from the Japanese names, which is bizarre in its own right..)

Apparently the cute new lizardsnake is called "Tobikagachi" and... yeah.

The interviews with the localization team going indepth on how they came up with certain names to fit the original idea but for other languages were cool as hell. I'm sure all the Japanese names are puns and stuff but that doesn't help me! Though I am pretty sure Tobikage is Flying Shadow because I'm an awful nerd.

Your Computer posted:

If Monster Hunter World doesn't have transmog I will cry endlessly about it.

Apparently one of the preorder bonuses makes mention of changing the appearance only, so fingers crossed.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Camel Camus posted:

Hey quick question about stories. Anyone know if there's a place to find dens for Zinogre/Green Narg in Babda Rainforest? Same for Ash Kecha in the valley. Do I just have to keep trying to paintball em with Peco?

There are a couple of places the monster themselves spawn, but paintballs is the most reliable way to get them.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Jesus, how did I never see this before. (It's because I never finished 4U.) Is it too late to make bad Pokemon jokes?

When he lifts up his ear flaps, Ash Kecha peeksachu. I'm sorry.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

The Worst Bear posted:

Untrue, I got Jho to retreat in the Volcano and picked up his egg there before doing the final three or so kinship stone story events and moving on to the last mountain. Fat lot of good it did though as he was rarity eight or somesuch and unrideable. :v:

Yeah I got one in the desert from Qurupeco singing and had to wait like 3 areas to be able to use it. I finished the main story last night and I still do not like Navirou.

I got the Navijho hat and its good.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The early monsters all pretty much only ever use one type, later ones have different abilities and patterns (Yian Garuga always changes whenever you beat it in a head to head for example), but the combat will always be "figure out the pattern, use the right move" which makes the hunting horn really annoying for me. You get a bunch of different moves and your babies get a bunch of different moves and you can build ultimate babies by smashing them together so you have a Brachydios that burps on people or a Rathian that breathes ice.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Centzon Totochtin posted:

"Oh hey the Ruins of Zalam have a wall I can break down with Jho to lead to a side area, probably just a poogie behind that"

Rajang Spawns and two shots me in one turn

"oh ok"

Rajang going for the Power Combo! Ok I can survive that with 22 health if I am full. Oh he's enraged and now attacks twice and Power Combo'd me twice. Luckily after that it was all about my Jho using Gluttony to stay strong as I chugged Mega Potions so its basically how I fight a Rajang in regular MH.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Wroggi outfit super good and they love to have a giggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I'm half expecting separate gunner visuals for MHW G or whatever comes next.

• Locked thread