Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
If you want to be loved online then bring life powders. They will heal everyone in the party. If someone is in a pickle then pop one of them to save their rear end. I've saved many a random persons life and have had my own saved many times. You won't be able to make many early but you'll stockpile the ingredients to make them after a bit of hunting.

If you're new and worried about not contributing enough damage then I'd suggest making some paralyzing weapons. Fast hitting weapons are best for this, like dual blades. Even getting one para off in a hunt is a godsend!

Just don't be a jerk really. Elitists are pretty rare these days, now that the game is more popular. You only have to deal with these losers at end game. Low rank is very chill and a good time, so just hop on in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I'm pretty sure zombie guy is right in that you only get two guaranteed drops from capping with a chance for a third. Capture abilities will make it guaranteed to get a third drop with a chance for a fourth. And so on.

So carving is better in most cases. Except for monsters where you can't carve plates and gems. Like the Raths. Or if you need something like a tail since those will sometimes be cap rewards and can't be carved from the body.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
We talked about capture vs kill a couple pages back. IIRC capturing gives you a 1% higher chance of getting plates/gems. IMO it is always better to kill since the third carve is guaranteed but the third reward from capturing is not. Having three guaranteed 2% chances at getting a gem is better over the long run than two 3% chances and a chance at a third 3% chance. Plus you'll end up with more scales and shells and such.

Though it does depend on the item you are going for. Rath plates and gems can't be carved, so you always want to cap them. Unless you're going for scales. Then there's parts like Gore Magala feelers that you can get from capturing it.

It's always best to check Kiranico to see the best way to obtain items. It will even list the odds of getting it in the quest rewards. Some quests have MUCH better chances of dropping rare items than others.

Also, I'll always cap when there have been two carts during a quest. Better not to risk it.

Bananasaurus Rex fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 14, 2016

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Actually, I'm now looking into capturing vs killing. So you get three guaranteed carves from killing. Versus two guaranteed rewards from capturing and a chance for a third (22/32 chance).

So, let's say you have a 2% chance of a item from carving but 3% from capturing. Your odds of getting at least one in both cases is:

Carving: 1 - .98^3 = 5.88%
Capping: 1 - .97^2.6875 = 7.86%

So if there's a 1% better chance of a rare item then it's better to cap. Of course, some monsters get four carve chances but I think it's still better to cap even in that case. Then there's things like armor skills to consider, that affect the number of drops you get from carves and captures.

Also, this is the math to get at least one. You can of course get more than one plate per hunt. That's where the math gets more complicated.

Someone feel free to correct me on this.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

CuddlyZombie posted:

I find this stuff super interesting and am glad you are posting it, and that math looks accurate as far as I can tell. It's a bit of a simplification, but would it be correct to say that, at low percentage levels (say, sub 5%) whichever has a higher percent on its loot table even by one is the correct option, with a tie going to carve, assuming no armor skills? And also holy poo poo, thank you for simplifying down the capture odds to 1-x^2.6875, I feel stupid for not thinking about that (but am awful at statistics.)

Far as I can tell, the odds are near identical when it's 9% for carving compared to 10% for capping. 10% and above carving wins out. But by then the item isn't really considered "rare" anymore.

Oh and Emalde, when you're referring to the game rolling numerous times for a chance at another item, I think you are referring to the reward rows, not the capture rewards, which are listed in the box underneath. Way it works in 4U is you in the very top row you always get four items. Then you have a 60% chance to get a fifth item. The game will keep rolling that 60% chance until either you miss or all the spots in the row are filled. The second row (row B) works the same way except you're only guaranteed two items before the game starts rolling. Row A is usually parts from the monster you were hunting, so that's where things like gems will show up. While row B is usually mostly garbage stuff like bones, but can also have useful stuff like charms. Plus, I think in multi monster quests it might have monster parts as well? If you load up a quest in Kiranico, you can see the probabilities of what items show up in columns A or B.

The Fate skills increase your odds for getting another item in these reward screens. +10 in the skill gives you Good Luck, which increases the chances of rolling another item to 70% from 60%. +15 is Great Luck which makes it 80%.

https://m.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/2yvwqs/capturing_when_and_why_you_should_do_it/

I figured out the math for carving (copied someone else's math) by reading the above Reddit thread. Though the guys initial math was wrong about probabilities, the comments following it clear things up. Sorry for the long winded post btw haha.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Dammit I got nothin to do tonight but I'm busy tomorrow evening :( Come onnnnnnn

What skills should I look for with Hammer? Obviously Atk Up is good but do skills that decrease Stamina consumption help with charging?

You should never get close to losing all your stamina while charging. Like it might happen once and a while, but it's not worth getting a skill for it.

Hammer skills kind of sucked in 4U. KO King was worthless in 4U as it didn't stack with the kitchen KO skill. Don't know if that was fixed for Gen. Maybe someone can chime in on that. Stamina Thief is nice I guess, but I'd rather go for offensive skills. Weakness exploit can be useful, since you should always be hitting the head, assuming the head is a weak point. And that skill was buffed back to its original state in this game.

Other than that, just offensive skills. I would say evade or earplugs as well, but you can just use Adept style.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I just realized that if a run a para SnS I can both paralyze and ko monsters (with the exhaust coating). Doing that with a para CB in 4U was amazing in multiplayer hunts. Made fights with randoms so much shorter. Think I'll give SnS a go this time for sure. Striker Style of course.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I'm regretting my OCD like tendencies to finish every two star village quest. So much gathering and killing small monsters. And hunting nothing but Dromes...At least I have a box full of supplies now.

Now that I got that out of the way, on to three star! So now I can actually upgrade some of these level two weapons. Then I'll jump online.

Digging the game so far though. Trying to change up weapons and styles for every hunt. Think adept hammer is my fave so far. Adept Bow is great too.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Geez you're both right. No, CB isn't that difficult, but he's right that relative to other weapons in the game it certainly is. Especially when there are guard points to consider. You have to utilize them to get the weapon to its full potential.

There's a certain flow to the weapon that takes a while to get.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Your Computer posted:

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about the Great Sword too (also the last part). The Hammer is also a weapon that benefits greatly from knowledge of the enemy patterns (at this point I can melt a Gypceros with my hammer), but when you're going in blind at least you have mobility and the ability to exhaust enemies just by hitting them. The Great Sword feels more like "git gud or die" :iiam:

Also I'm not really a huge fan of swords, but there are a few pretty sweet designs for GS in Generations.

You don't always need to do charge attack with GS. Just a simple draw attack or level 1 charge does a decent amount of damage. Especially with crit draw. You should do a ton of those when you're first starting out. Otherwise you'll just get wrecked in the middle of charging.

Once you start figuring out the monster patterns you can get off those level three charges more constantly. Also, focus and quick sheathe really help it not feel so clunky and slow.

Bananasaurus Rex fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 18, 2016

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
They will have arguments over the dumbest things. It really is awful.

That being said, searching the GameFaqs message boards for something you need to find is super useful. It's how I managed to do that ancient berry quest. Should really pay more attention to those quest descriptions sometimes...

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Yeah, GS does get more technical in trying to find openings for more level 3 charges per hunt. But that's true with any weapon. GS does it all in one big burst of damage. SnS takes a couple more presses of x and a. CB has a little more upkeep and button presses than that. Like I said earlier in the thread the real challenge is learning the monsters, not the weapons.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is there a list of all of the styles and their sacrifices? From the game it seems like Guild is 2 Hunter Arts and Striker is 3 but they're easier to charge. It seems like Guild is a pointless style unless I'm missing something. Also, Striker seems fun to have a mix of Arts to use all of the time but god drat if I don't love perfect dodging poo poo with Adept.

Gaijin Hunters videos are good for this. Hell tell you what styles lose what moves and what the hunter arts do.

As for the effectiveness of each style that depends on what moves you give up. Each style gives up some weapon move from guild to get the extra art/adept dodge/aerial move. Some weapons don't give up much, like SnS for striker only loses its back hop attack. Some give up a ton. Depends on what you're willing to give up to gain those extra moves or the extra art.

It also depends on if you like the hunting arts or not. Some weapon's arts are really really good, others not so much.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Your Computer posted:

I'm trying out the bowguns some more and I'm so garbage at using different shots (as well as picking weapons which have good ones) :smith: I also don't understand how anyone manages to use the Heavy Bowgun solo because it's sooo slow and the main draw requires you to stand still which I can't imagine doing against 90% of the Monsters I've fought (since the time between their attacks is super short). I went Adept with both, and it's great to be able to adept evade out of siege mode but I can still only get like 1-2 shots off before the enemy is right up in my face again.

You're only meant to go into siege mode when you have a large opening to get several shots in. It takes too long to go in and out of it in the middle of a fight. But when a monster is tripped, it's a great time to go hog wild. You're better off just firing normal shots when the monster is running around.

When you watch people do speed runs, they'll be in siege mode a lot of the time. Because they'll be rocking end game equips and will make the monster flinch constantly. Especially when using pierce against the bigger guys.

If the monster is constantly in your face for pierce you might want to invest in the evade distance skill. It'll help a lot with repositioning.

Bananasaurus Rex fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 23, 2016

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Been getting into HBG. Pretty much just using Normal 2 and Pierce 2 shots.

I know the longer the monster the better using Pierce is over Normal. And Pierce 3 does less damage but does more hits than Pierce 1. So longer the monster the better it is to use Pierce 3 over 1.

So, how big/long does a monster have to be in general for Pierce to be worth it over Normal 2? And when should you use Pierce 1 over 2 or 3? It feels like I'm just playing a guessing game. Like for Rathian, would Pierce 1 work better over Normal 2? Or would Pierce 2 be better?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Not only does Yuan Garuga have 0 frame start up charge attacks, but he sometimes just skips his recovery frames from his previous attack. At least in 4U he did. It is pretty jarring seeing him going from hunched over and shaking his head to instantly running at me.

Once I learned to bait him into using his double beak slam he got a bit easier. Can get a level three GS charge off on his head if you position yourself right. Learned it from watching someone speed run him. Cutting his tail off also open up an easy level 3 charge when he does his tailspin attack.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Yo gently caress Shogun Centaur.

That is all.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Kashuno posted:

I really want water combat to come back and it drastically improved some monsters who somehow stuck around. Royal Ludroth is really stupid without water. Also Gobul > Nibbelsnarf

I do agree Ludroth is a chump without water combat. I thought Lagi would be the same, since he was a chump on land in Tri, but they gave him some nice moves. Hes like a Ivory Abyssal hybrid. They should have given Ludroth something to spice him up.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Your Computer posted:

Yeah, that's uh.. that's less time than it took me offline. I'll try out this strategy next time, thanks :unsmith:

Bow is REALLY good against Gore as well. It's really easy to get shots in on his head. And you're mobile and far away enough that you can avoid all his attack no problem. Adept just makes that even easier. Seriously, you can break his feelers and knock him out of rage/frenzy mode in like a minute.

Just use a bow with rapid 3 in its third charge state. The Blango Fur Bow is what I'm using in low rank as it can use Power Coating Lv2 when you upgrade the bow to level 3. Just need two Tigrex claws for that third level.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Yeah, you always want to be charging to level three. Big boost in damage. Which is why if a bow only has two levels of charge, like the Seregios Bow, it's heavily recommended that you use the load up skill. Will increase your damage output a lot.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Sonic bombs are super useful against Narga if you are running Challenger+2 :getin:

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

lenoon posted:

Finally picked up Generations after only just getting into G rank in 4U. I pretty much used IG and Dual Swords for the whole game last time. Can someone sell me on a different weapon? Preferably something where you're still moving at more than a walking pace with it drawn.

Now that Adept dodging is a thing, ranged weapons are easier to get into now than ever. Bow allows for a ton of mobility when drawn so try that. LBG works too. HBG is not very mobile but once you get used to that Adept dodge you can siege fire all day erry day.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

It really isn't. Ever played a Korean MMO back in the 00s?

Oh man for some inexplicable reason I played Maplestory back in 04-05. Talk about grinding.

I really don't mind the grind in MH games. I feel like it's just right. Sure you might not get that rare drop on your first hunt, but I enjoy seeing how much faster I can kill that monster in each subsequent hunt. Then you take your new skills and upgraded equipment to go soon how much faster you can go kill other monsters and make hats out of them.

The problem is when the RNG decides to hate you and it takes 20 hunts to get a Rath Plate. Or like that time I carved 130 Seregios scales before I got a lens. Goddamn that SUCKED. But now I'm pretty good at fighting him, so hey.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
My very first timeworn charm I mine and appraise in this game: normal up +5 ooo. With bonus +2 Insight.

:smug:

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Alxprit posted:

I picked up the game super late and I'm having a lot of fun, but I'm trying to get into the Bow and the Hidden Bow isn't really doing it for me, the pierce shots are too situational for these low-rank monsters. I want to get a Rapid shot bow but I don't know which to pick, most just seem either really vanilla or I can't make them until 6*, and I only just now got to 5*. Any thoughts, friends?

Yeah, Bow selection sucks hardcore in early LR. Like you said, you're fighting small monsters, so Rapid is best. Problem is, there aren't a lot of Bows with Rapid Lv3 in the third charge that can take power coatings.

I just leveled up the Petrified Bow. Then made the Sonic Bow. Just need some bugs to make it. Then you can level it up when you get access to the Volcano with some Hercudromes.

From there I made the Blango Fur Bow. At level 3 it can use level lv2 power coatings. The Glavenus Bow is good too.

But at the end of the day, you'll end up using Teostra's Bow. It's just too good.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Quote is not edit.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

USMC_Karl posted:

Well, I know I'm late to the party, but I just picked this up and am playing through with my broken L-button (I promise that I'll pick up the circle pad pro, but it costs like $50 in South Korea and I'm waiting on a slow, slow boat shipment from the US)

Gotta say that I'm running into the same problem I always do with these kinds of games, too much stuff to do and not enough focus!

I already have an aerial dual blades set up that gives me Attack 10 and Vault 10 that is just way too much fun to use. To complete the look, my dual blades are the Dual Piercers made from Maccao parts. Unfortunately, now I'm looking at building a full set of Lagombi armor for the +10 evasion so I can couple it with my Plume sword and adept dodge everything.

Oh, oh, what about planning a KO set with a big hammer!

Well jeez, since I've got or planned a long sword set, a dual blades set, and a hammer set, might as well plan a Great Sword set for laughs.

Shoot, now I guess I should also plan a SnS set since I got every other sword.

Damnit, I first played around with a switch ax and I have two of them sitting in my box, might as well plan out a switch ax set.

I don't think I'll ever get out of LR since all I ever do is plan and collect materials to build more LR gear.

Yes, armor crafting is an addiction. And it gets even worse in HR as the armor selection just gets crazy large.

I will say though, unless you plan on running Striker or Guild, Lagombi armor would be a waste. Adept style comes with Evasion 2.5 in your dodge. And Aerial has some evasion frames in its dodge hop. Evasion+1 might add some i-frames to the the Aerial dodge but not sure tbh. It's great armor for styles without extra i-frames in the dodge though.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Yeah, the monsters in the hub are roughly scaled for two hunters. So they should be taking you about twice as long. They don't hit harder or anything.

And if it's not a key quest, good luck finding a group for it. I usually just solo those. Tons of people just rush through the key quests to rank up. It's why I see a ton of people in HR still with lv2 petrified weapons with like 110 attack. It's a lot less noticeable when there's only one guy in a group of four, the monsters go down quickly enough with just two competent hunters.

The real challenge is having the randoms not triple cart on you. If you see more than one person in HR with less than 200 defense in blademaster armor, I'd leave the room asap.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

AttackBacon posted:

Actually monsters in the hub do hit harder, for example a LR Hub Yian Kut Ku on the Local Threat quest hits about 10% harder than a Village one. It's a bit more complicated than just Hub vs Village though, each quest actually has specific monster stats for that quest. For instance the V3 Stomping Grounds YKK hits harder and is harder to stagger than the V3 Into the Wyvern's Den YKK, on top of obviously having more hp due to it being a single vs multi-monster quest. The modifiers are listed on Kiranico at the bottom of the monster page, here's the Yian Kut Ku one for example: http://mhgen.kiranico.com/monster/yian-kut-ku (check out Hyper Investigtion, the solo Hyper YKK. Yup, 3x damage.)

Ah, I stand corrected then. I knew about HP/attack modifiers for some HR quests, didn't know that extended to LR as well. Guess 10% isn't noticeable on the lower rank monsters as they don't hit all that hard to begin with. But it could add up.

I've taken to status gunning with the LBG, and it is a ton of fun. Only made the Kettleblower so far, but it being able to rapid fire status shots, along with ammo saver, means I never really have to worry about combines for more ammo. Though when the group I'm with sucks it's pretty noticeable. They don't cart often but I'm pretty sure the monster should be dead when I've paralyzed, put it to sleep, and poisoned it three times each. Plus used both of my traps.

I've found that most people don't know what to do with a sleeping monster. Like, I don't expect you to bring bombs on every hunt, but please don't wake the monster up with an aerial DB attack when we have a GS user in our group. Especially when I'm using a shout out to stop attacking. It's actually funny to watch sometimes to see how people react. But also not funny.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Yeah, I do get bored when I'm in a competent four person group and we blast through each quest in under three minutes each. Its super awesome the first couple of hunts, but there's little challenge.

But then I get in awful four person group that takes over thirty minutes where we're lucky to even finish and I long for the days of those two minute quests.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
You could just flash bomb him while he is spinning to knock him over. At least in 3U you could, haven't fought him yet in this game. Though the timing is a bit tricky to get down at first.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
The only decent status on DBs is blast and poison. Para is meh and sleep is terrible. SnS and LBG are good for status.

If this announcement is just MHX-G then I'm not sure I'm going to even bother. Maybe it's because I'm finishing this game up and am pretty burnt out, but going through this entire game again for GRank isn't that appealing to me.

Game was great, don't get me wrong. Weapon styles and arts were a great addition. Just need some tweaking. But I think a decent overhaul is in order for me to have interest. Be it gameplay, graphics, online modes. Just something. I figure announcing a MH for Switch would help sell some units. Don't know why they wouldn't announce it now.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
It's easy to tell the people that don't use bow/bowguns if they complain about Khezu. Bow doesn't even have to aim cause it's head is at your height. Just stand back and laugh as you brutally slaughter it while it's does three electric spasms in a row. He is boring though I'll give you that.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Gunlance definitely gets slower kill times on most monsters all things considered. Like, that difference will be a minute or so, so not a huge deal. Especially in multi. The most important thing is how fun is the weapon to use. Pubs are the worst with GL though and will blow you away constantly.

Capcom just never seems to give the gunlance the credit it deserves sadly. I mean, it's an exploding stick, it should be better than it is really.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Jade Rider posted:

Got Generations over Christmas, pretty new to the series as a whole. Are the tutorial weapon quests good enough for getting the hang of weapons and styles? I've watched Gaijinhunter's tutorial videos to see what looks fun/cool, insect glaive, long sword, switch axe and charge blade in particular. Any good beginner tips or is it just a learn-as-you-go type of game?

It's definitely a learn as you go experience. You'll get plenty of tips but it's all a bit much to take in at once. But you'll get there!

If you watched gaijinhunter for the weapon move sets then you're well ahead of the curve for new players.

The best tip is to always be prepared for a hunt. Bring potions, megapotions, 2 max potions, whetstones, traps, well done steaks, paintballs. Pick axes and bug nets are good for gathering too. Make a custom item set in your item box so you don't have to constantly manually do this every time.

Honey is very important. It's used to make megapotions and a bunch of other items, so you'll want to horde it a bit.

Always eat before a hunt.

Keep an eye on the sharpness level of your weapon. Always sharpen when a monster changes zones.

Try to upgrade your gear periodically. Jaggi gear is a good starter armor as it gives you attack up. You can combine it with Bulldrome to get attack up large. Look up Bujabujabu online. Yes it's a stupid nickname.

Learn how armor skills work. It takes 10 skill points to activate an armor skill. Some have +2 and +3 versions at 15 and 20 points. You get points through armor, decorations, and talismans/charms. This system is a bit confusing at first. Go into you status menu and on the third page it will list how many points you have in each skill. Pressing y will give you a description of the skill and how many points for each level are needed. This is very handy.

Don't be afraid to look online for info. It's the only way you'll know where the weak points on a monster are and what element they're weak too.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Cicadas! posted:

The MonHun crew is too busy finding new and creative ways to avoid making HD assets to develop a game for the Switch, please understand.

Yeah I had high hopes for a Switch game announcement. Then I realized they've been rehashing the same stuff from the PS2 era. It works for DS games but if they wanted to actually do a full game for the Switch it would take quite a bit of time to make it not look like poo poo. Think the best you can hope for in the near future is just an HD port of MHXX.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Soap dragon best dragon. It is known.

(I really tried to beat Mizutsune there, but even though I made it flee several times, I couldn't seal the deal before fainting a third time. The later encounter seemed a lot easier. Mizutsune didn't show up the 2nd time I attempted that particular mission, so either it's random or it's scripted to go off once?)

All the fated four are scripted, yeah. And they all have like 4x Thier normal HP. You're meant to just run from them. You can kill them though, it will just take most of your allotted time.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Your Computer posted:

At least Khezu is an easy fight (and a cutie), but Basarios & Gravios are unfun and kick my rear end. The combination of bouncing and lovely hitboxes make it a test of patience.

The less said about Cephadrome the better. Literally the worst designed fight in any videogame I've ever played.

e: also the raptor -dromes are not fun either, they jump way too much. Gendrome in particular has a habit of getting stuck in a "backwards jump, forwards jump" loop. I never fought the -ggis other than Great Jaggi so I dunno how those fights go, but the Great Maccao is a much better fight than the -dromes.

Agreed on all of this. Gen 1 monsters suck.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
It was because the game was a huge nostalgia trip for people that played the early games. That's why it's called generations in the US. Hopefully MH5 doesn't have a lot of these lovely gen1 monsters or at least rework them somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Another fun Nibelsnarf fact: when he burrows underground you can throw a sonic bomb and he will come up out of the ground at the location you threw it at. If you set up a bomb first, then throw the sonic bomb at it, it will come up and eat the bomb. This makes it so you don't have to wait for him to do his charging attack for him to eat a bomb.

You can see it in this gaijinhunter video about sonic bombs. He lists some other neat uses for them too.
https://youtu.be/JjdGL-yc4Ek

• Locked thread