Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I know they changed the way money/shops/weapon upgrades work in this title, so my question is this:

Is this game going to retroactively ruin all the other Monster Hunter titles for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

underwater was the worst thing they did in this series

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is the longsword still its 4u-nerfed self?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

well i know what i'm maining

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Plesioth :gonk:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I had to stop using the IG in 4U because it was far too good of a weapon.

Hopefully they nerfed it or something

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Suddenly I have An Intense Desire For Monster Hunter Generations

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've heard it not resetting the charm tables on game boot (like the other games did it I guess?) was a bug

but maybe it wasn't I dunno

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

im gonna use the greatsword even though i've never used it before and have no idea how to use it

hell yeah

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i wish hammers could cut

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

gently caress it i'll just use a sns even if the coat mechanics weird

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

days later and I still can't choose a weapon because they're all cool

meh

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

which style does db prefer

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah the way I play these games is using maining a weapon a game. It was Long Sword in MHFU, Hammer in Tri, Switch Axe in Portable 3rd, and Insect Glaive in 4u.

I'm not a huge fan of the lance or gunlance, the charge blade's too confusing, and I never got the hang of the greatsword. Basically narrows down my options to sns, db, and maybe the hunting horn?

Maybe it's time to use the horn.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Another thing is the Greatsword has always fascinated me and I always use it for a bit in every game out of curiosity. The concept of charging and landing a hit juuust right feels amazing when I can pull it off, but otherwise the weapon's slowness makes me feel like it requires me to already know all of the ins and outs of a monster to use effectively

but i'm probably just bad though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Gaijinhunter's videos are alright but I find the in game instructions to be pretty drat lacking

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah I think Greatsword might just be affected the most by all of the weapons being poo poo in the early game as far as sharpness levels and damage go. It's probably great once you get on and also get those Armor Skills.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've figured it out. Aerial Dual Blades. Pro fun.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the only problem i have with dual blades is that it feels like i'm a weak piece of poo poo even if i'm not

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wait did 4u / this make the horn easier to use?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

please don't insult my best friend and favorite monster to hunt nargacuga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mortimer posted:

bow is great until you run out of mega dash juices and realize that to get more you have to kill more gypceros, or if you want regular dash juice you have to cook your own steaks because there isn't a way to get them rare automatically

does anyone want to dupe some dash extract / mega dash juice with me pretty please

maybe i won't play dual blades

• Locked thread