Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Mortimer posted:

Ahh charm hunting

I eagerly look forward to seeing "Monster Hunter Generations" on this list
https://powersaves3ds.maximummemory.com/

e: apparently powersaves don't work for MHX/G....because it saves to the SD card and you can pop it into your computer and edit that directly :stonk: oh boy

I bought it for star knight armor months before it came here

Not quite, you still have to use some sort of save manager using homebrew.
Not like getting that up and running is super hard or anything, but it's probably enough to make people not want to bother with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

In the same vein as above, Kiranico just got its website updated with all the data from the English version of MHGen.

http://mhgen.kiranico.com/

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Ok switch axe is making me feel like a dummy. I've been using it since it was introduced into the series; What the hell is going on with the mid-combo switches with the R button in Generations? It straight up is not transforming mid-combo with R anymore, nor can I do poo poo like the big sweeping finisher after a bunch of horizontal axe blows or whatever else. It literally just feels like my R button is broken except it's not. What stupid simple thing am I missing that's changed?

You lose out on some moves depending on which style you pick.

Striker loses the axe chop finisher and the double chops with A in Sword mode.
Aerial loses the thrusting axe move that you could use to morph, which you can now do from the upwards strike. It also moves the elemental burst to an aerial attack.
Adept gets the same upwards strike morph attack as Aerial but loses the axe chop finisher (it's an adept evade move now) and the second X attack in sword mode (the vertical hit) .

Your Computer posted:

Even if you dodge right into the attack (and the enemy charges past you) you can still hold the stick backwards and start running in the opposite direction from where you dodged. That's the only way I've found to make it work, and you'll be doing your spirit slash blindly since your camera is the wrong way :negative:

Also a problem: Enemies who move again faster than the final attack (gauge level up) animation. I only got the hit off once on Bulldrome because he would charge again while I was doing my anime pose, and then the attack would whiff.

One thing that I found out that helped me a lot with aiming my post-evade stuff is to immediately hit L after an evade to center the camera on the monster and holding forwards.
Doing so will always make you run directly towards the monster. I kinda moved away from doing this *all* the time, but hey maybe this helps!

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Turns out you can break stuff on Gypceros while it's playing possum!

I just smashed its crest while it was doing this, after which I could kick it for the finishing blow. :black101:
The quest rewards somehow gave me three Gypceros heads.

Monster Hunter is the best game :3:

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Countblanc posted:

How do you unlock the higher leveled hunter arts?

They're tied to the completion of certain quests.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHGen:_Hunter_Arts
This page seems to list most if not all of them, however the quest titles are still all in Japanese so you'd have to cross-reference them with Kiranico's quest pages.

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Glavenus just gave me PTSD.

Is there a trick to the timing on that big wind-up charged slash?

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Zodack posted:

I got tricked - you don't get Deviant Soul skills until armor level 6. I suppose it makes sense given that farming the Level 1 is fairly easy all things considered.

They unlock once you get them to level 6.

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Although as GS you might be able to get focus by now so you might want to wait for someone to chime in on where to get that by HR4.

Here's a set with Focus + Quick Sheathing.

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

One thing that's super cool about Brave Style so far is that a bunch of weapons get moves with guard points.
For example, the first spirit slash with the longsword in Brave Mode is a quick counter which goes into a super quick spirit combo finisher if you hit with it.

Lance gets this shields bash with X+A which deals KO damage and also has guard point effects on it.

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

You also get a stronger draw attack which appears to go up to level 4 (?) which uses the regular charging colour as opposed to the blue brave style effect.
The best part about brave GS though imo is that you can reposition yourself during the charge, kind of. If you press A while doing the strong charge you'll do a dash before slamming down that big hunk of metal into the monster's poor face.

V Alchemy IG loses its infinite combo, backflip and charging kinsect but you get the 3 SP HAs and the barrel.

Brave is basically a better guild style but with 1 art. Outside of brave mode you gotta go into brave stance to access the backflip (A), the double horizontal swipe (X) and the vault (XA).
In brave mode you get your full moveset and your kinsect attacks after each A attack (1st one is a normal hit, 2nd A does the big drill attack, both gather juice)
Also you get the amazing brave style 'demon dash'-style roll

Captain Flame Guy fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Adept GS was a bitch to position properly but man when you got that perfect hit on the face/tail. :getin:

It's every satisfying reason to learn how to really play GS well cranked up to 11.

Look at what they've done with it!!

https://gfycat.com/CoordinatedThankfulKinkajou

• Locked thread