Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

I can't wait to fight Malfestio without those cats knocking me out of easy GS charge swings. I wish I could tell them to just leave me alone during confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

IMO the confusion powder is only bad because you still have full control of your guy but the cats will happily come over and hit you out of whatever you were doing anyways.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Does anybody know which part of Nakarkos is his outer shell? His butt? And what's his sonic bomb timing?

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Decided I would solo the jho tonight and got a real treat.

Gaffle fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 27, 2016

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Yeah the best times I found to flash rathalos are directly after he roars since he always does takeoff fireball after, or after he does a midair triple fireball since he takes a while to come back down.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Fauxtool posted:

what are some good SA to go for as Aerial Style? Im currently 5 star, just getting into astalos and glavenus.
I have had good success with the grim cat paralyzing one and im wondering what the best paralyze SA line is. The iron axe levels up way beyond grim cat but is the status as strong?

If an axe says poison but doesnt shows the value like the naracuga SA does that mean it only does poison in sword form?
I have never poisoned anything with it despite getting plenty of purple puffs on hit. Everything just dies before poison so im assuming its a really low value

Aerial style: the seregios axe would be a good pick, and is a very strong axe in general.

Yeah, the word Poison means it has a poison phial for sword mode. Poison, paralyze and dragon phials all add +15 of that damage type in sword mode. Power and element phials give a 20 or 25% boost to the raw or element, dont know the exact numbers. I dont know the numbers on exhaust phial but it makes your sword mode behave like a hammer that deals cutting damage.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I'm at the point now where I need to grind HR...

:negative:

I need to go from HR 65 to HR 80 to get at some Alatreon Webbing for the Shinobi Sky set... What's the best way to grind them out?

Just play with someone who already has alatreon unlocked. Easy

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Wrist Watch posted:

I went through with the save editing thing which was...uncomfortably easy to do for how powerful a tool it is.

On a lighter note I was still wearing my Rhenoplos set so I transformed from a linebacker into a pink teddy bear which was an interesting surprise:

Did you have any of the male-only armors before editing? Or would you be willing to craft and equip a female-only armor then switch back to male? I want to know what'll happen there

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Just curious since the game won't let you build opposite-sex armor, if there's also a check that prevents it from being equipped if it ends up in the inventory somehow.

The male only armors are Caravaneer and Dundorma guard guy for sure, and there might be others. They're pretty late unlocks.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Dreadking armor my man. Attack up L, windproof hi, high grade earplugs and weakness exploit.

Stonefist is cool too. You get razor sharp or recoil down 2, along with bubbles, crisis and protection.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

So, when is Yian Garuga day?

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Artillery is a 2-point-per-slot skill so it's easy to gem into your set. If you really want to blast away with the musket I would focus on getting recoil + 3. My musket set is:

Barrage Earring
Battle Vest S
EX Arc Guards
Hermitaur Coat R
Hermitaur Leggings R

And the best recoil charm you have. Recoil +4 ooo is ideal. Then you'll have Recoil down +3 and Load Up and can easily gem in Artillery Novice and Trueshot Up since you have 10 slots on the set. Finally, attach the silencer to your musket and you'l have Minimum recoil. The set incidentally gives you reload speed -1, but that doesn't matter since you can use Full House 3. I recommend striker style to charge that faster and also to have both absolute evade arts as well. Ammo Saver is cool but you can just bring materials to craft more explosives on the hunt instead. Happy Musketeering

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

There's a few late game armor sets that also include handicraft: EX Brachydios, most flavors of Shagaru armor, Kushala Daora, Deviljho. There's also hyper jho and hyper silver los but they aren't released yet.

A good starting place for a mixed set would be Arc Braces R and Arc Greaves R (Storge Braces/Greaves for female characters). They both have 5 handicraft, so you should be able to fill in the last 5 points with a good talisman or decorations or whatever and you'll have three armor slots to do what you like with.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Did you die after getting past jho? For that part you should use the arena's fence switch to separate the monsters. When the fence switch goes back down just use a farcaster and wait for the message the it's ready again before you go back out (bring mats to craft multiple farcasters). It's a hard quest but you get the hayabusa feather if you win!

p.s. advanced: wrath of rath is even more hellish

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Every online hub has a 14-digit ID which is displayed on the start menu, and if you know it, you can join directly. So, one of you two hosts an online hub, and texts the ID to the other to enter so you don't have to do a lobby search.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

cancerianmoth posted:

So i decided to try out Lance since I noticed I am not doing as well with CB. My biggest issue while playing guild/striker is doing a charge v doing a counter. There will be times the monster is knocked down and I miss out on dmg bc I do a counter instead. It's so frustrating. Any one elsè have trouble? Or is my thumb just too skinny for the drat 3ds to register both buttons pressed?

Use the touch screen special attack button to start a charge. It's easier and faster too since you don't have to start blocking to charge this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Is there a better or easier to get early HR Guard set than Daimyo Hermitaur? I'm rushing my way up the ranks with a friend but Plesioth nearly carted me with every hit in upgraded LR BuJa armor so I think it's time to up my game a bit for the rest of the push.

Zamtrios armor should be just a little farther along after plesioth, if you can tough it out a little longer. You could also just get the HR buja armor and then get working on a nice deviant set that will be good endgame like DKing or Stonefist.

And this is a bit farther in than where you are, but if you really like guard sets, EX Rathian S will give you both Guard and Guard Up skills, along with Guts.

• Locked thread