Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

The Moon Monster posted:

Is this line from the OP

accurate? I thought capturing generally gave you "higher quality" parts, not more.

I thought that it was slightly less, but rarer parts when you capture. If you just need parts like scales then you're better off with a kill. I guess you could argue that capturing saves time and lets you start another hunt sooner which effectively results in more parts over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Your Computer posted:

I only just picked up my first Monster Hunter game a few days ago (MH4U) and I was surprised at how good the game is with tutorials, help screens and such.

"You know what I do with icons? I touch those dang icons."

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
If yall aren't using automatic hunter art call outs to be as anime as possible I'm gonna need you to fix that immediately

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Inflammatory posted:

farming monsters and selling the parts

Yeah I just hit high rank and it is really easy to just annihilate the little seltas with aerial switchaxe in like 3 minutes with pubs.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Shoenin posted:

Question about Aerial Style Greatsword

For the level 3 charge, do you just hold vertical slash all the way, or do you need to let go slightly before?

You cannot overcharge an aerial greatsword strike, just hold it down.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What's anyone's experience with the circle pad pro, and is there a version that works on the 3DSXL (not "New")? I currently play with a comfort grip to keep my hands from cramping up, and obviously I wouldn't be able to use it with the circle pad pro, so I want to make sure it has good ergonomics. Is it actually comfortable to use? Is the stick good/bad? Are the L/R buttons easier to press/hold? Are there any annoying things about it, like making it hard to access plug/stlus/controls? MH is pretty much the only thing I play on my 3DS and I generally don't travel much, so I don't care about the reduction in portability.

I have a CPP for my 3DSXL and I love it. The only small annoyance for me is that it blocks the stylus storage, but you only need that for chatting in MH and ideally I'll be grouped with discord goons so I can just chat in there. I like the big shoulder buttons and the joystick. I do wish there was a little bit of texture on the stick for grip but my thumb only starts to slide a little if I play all day.

The big thing for MH is that it's much easier to control the camera with a second stick and it frees up more touch pad space.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Skippy Granola posted:

Do you reckon Seltas S is a pretty good armour set to shoot for as a gunlance set?

Yeah it's basically perfect and you look like a mecha. Not sure what the "hero's talisman" skill does exactly, though.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Is critical draw basically wasted on adept style GS?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

scaterry posted:

Anyone got ideas for farming dragonbone relics?

Buy and equip leather set. Pack a psycho serum. Eat for felyne explorer. Pick a hyper monster quest that is in frozen seaway. Gather at every bone pile. Drink the psycho serum then go suicide to the monster three times to fail the quest. You'll keep your gathered items.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Pollyanna posted:

unless the matchmaking system is good at its job.

I would love a good matchmaking system. The lobby system is really showing its age.

Don't be afraid to ask for help in discord. It won't always be available but when people help they're usually over geared and know what they're doing.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Fancy Hat! posted:

Is there a breeding mechanic? Cause I see there's a whole gene system under Monster Status which is going to overwhelm me SO FAST.

It's not breeding so much as "sacrifice another monster to cram it's genes/skills into one you actually want to use." The tutorial quest for it gives you a Lagombi that shoots fireballs.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

4chan is alright sometimes

E:. How are you supposed to deal with bomb status in MH stories? It's hitting me for more than my Max HP in the volcano but nothing I can put in my battle pouch will clear it.

E2: nevermind, just got a quest reward recipe for "blast b gone"

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

7c Nickel posted:

40 is the regular price, so 20. I really don't know why everyone is so down on Dauntless. It's still got some hangups, but it's still in beta. I suppose that's the thing, I like seeing games grow from beta but a lot of people should probably wait for launch.

It's real ugly, dude. And as dumb as Capcom is sometimes it's hard for other people to make a game as fun as Monster Hunter.

Also I know that killing a monster is basically the same as opening a loot box, but it feels way better to rip chunks out of the monster myself with a 10 year old carving animation that it does to open a literal loot box I pulled out of a monster.

• Locked thread