Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I can't wait to murder everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Monster Hunter badges are in the badge arcade, if you're the type of person who cares about that sort of thing. (i am and they're nice)

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

deadly_pudding posted:

poo poo. Sounds like I'm giving the rabbit some money tonight. What are the badges? Cats?

Stuff from last time, monster icons, monster mega badges, lots of little things.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

According to the activity log I played 13 hours of Monster Hunter today. I should probably go to bed.

Maybe one more Tetsucabra.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I promised myself that I'd use more weapon types in Generations but gently caress me adept charge blade is MY JAM

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Elysiume posted:

What're people thinking of the limit break hunter art on CB? I find that I ultra very rarely, and for all other purposes I cycle phials enough that I don't need the additional two capacity.

It's best used at level three and paired with load up. Level three gives you ten phials and load up means red charges ten phials. Go hog wild.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Herbotron posted:

There's a 4 star village quest for prowler mode that asks you to catch 3 goldenfish that'll let you trade for fish with Neko (means cat).

Protip don't do this quest with a cat that doesn't have the goldenfish skill, unless you're a masochist or something.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Fuzz posted:

Put your HUD on the bottom screen.

It really is a shame how terrible hte new intro animations are.... I miss the old videos showing the monster in their natural habitat, hunting or grazing, or whatever. Why'd they cut them out? Laziness or was it actually space limitations on the cart?

It's because they'd have to do two separate versions for hunter and prowler.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Your Computer posted:

Anyone got any hot strats for Uragaan? Since I'm using and upgrading most of the weapon types in the game I currently need a metric fuckton of Lava Nuggets, so I assume I'll be fighting him for a while.

Get a weapon with lots of water element and reap his taint.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Gammoth is a pushover unless you need trunkspines.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

LibbyM posted:

Everytime I try and play a monster hunter game after I haven't played in a while, I fail to understand the damage system. It just leaves my mind the moment I stop playing.

Is a greatsword with 90 raw 18 fire at 10%affinity better than 110 raw? :iiam:

Edit: I can google an explanation of the damage system again don't worry. Could anyone tell me how soon I get armor with the Focus skill though?

The answer is that anything besides raw and sharpness on a greatsword is meaningless, since you don't hit often enough for element to matter and you'll be running crit draw after a point anyway.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I never want Adept to leave.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Everything looks so smooth and fun, gonna be a hard time deciding what to play. Just kidding its charge blade all day every day.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

What idiot is complaining about getting a simultaneous worldwide release for Monster Hunter 5, who would be that oh it's ChibiSoma. How yah doing Chibi, been a while since you got run off the forums for being a whiny, creepy weirdo. How's things?

Anyway, looks like an english version of the weapons demos came out, with new explanations.

Edit: Seems like it's mostly just descriptions of the weapons and not explanations of the new moves.

Ape Has Killed Ape fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 28, 2017

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I will miss adept longsword, but styles and arts going away isn't going to bother me other than that. It kinda looks like they cherry picked the best stuff from them and made them baseline things anyway.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Tigrex kicked my rear end so hard he forced me to change my approach to the game, dropping my cowardly hit and run tactics for an aggressive stick and move playstyle. The series was just fun before, Tigrex is when I started to love it.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

My impression of Dauntless is that the weapons are boring, the monsters have two or three moves, and the art style is ugly.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Space Hamlet posted:

I'm sure that the Handler's constant tips will be turn-offable or only present in the first few quests or something, but it's baffling how much stuff they felt the need to explain through her. You get hit and she says "try not to get hit!" like yeah i kinda figured lady

I'm thinking this is only for the demo.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Opposite question to thread: I only played a borrowed copy of 4u until the point where you officially kill Gore Magala, but I own Gen and I've played a lot of it. 4u is on sale, should I get it? (Gen is not the only one I've played, I played hundreds of hours of 3u so I'm not going to be shocked by the lack of styles and arts or whatever)

There's a lot of content and monsters in 4U that aren't in Gen and may not be seen again for a few games, if ever again. Of the two I'd say 4U is the better game anyway so yah, grab it to tide yourself over until world.

Ape Has Killed Ape fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 3, 2017

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Just be a real pro and sleep bomb everything.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Countblanc posted:

it was really hard to force myself to start doing things like using traps aggressively and sleep-bombing. it was like, "no way, that makes it so easy, i can do it the hard way, and besides i dont have infinite traps". it wasn't until rajang that I finally caved and realized how good it was to use all of the tools you had available.

There's a point where you want a fair, exciting fight, and there's a point where gently caress you gimme your goddamn horn you bullshit monkey.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Looks like that January 26th leak was right.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I want Seregios and Tigrex most of all. They'd both be really fun to fight with the new terrain mechanics and their hyper aggressive attitudes. Also I got a big old soft spot for Tigrex.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

The "Beta" is just going to be the demo they've been showing at events.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Funkmaster General posted:

In other news, my one remaining major complaint about World has been addressed, as apparently this french interview confirms the return of the prance emote, which was heartbreakingly missing from the emote menu in the gamescom demo build.

Preorder reinstated.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

You can solo G Rank quests, it's just a big pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I mourn the loss of cool gunner armor, but I celebrate not having to make a different set of armor to use ranged weapons.

• Locked thread