Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Love these games so far. I never beat the first one before picking up the sequel, but they're pretty much the same. I think the timed platforming sections are fun and cool to look at while everything burns/explodes/whatever around you. The first game you move just a little too slow for me but the second game has a sprint button so that's nice. First game is basically on cliffs the entire time and the second game has a few somewhat open areas. Anyone else think these games are good, and not horrible cash ins like most other reboots from the PS1 era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you mean the ones in the style of the old ones, just modernized then yeah I think their cool and Lara looks very spicy indeed in them. The ones that are just Far Cry 3 seem fail from what I played though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dunno which ones your talking about, but this one is definitely old tomb raider but with good graphics and cooler weapons. Does have a lot of optional collectibles tho.. In the first game they were useless except for tiny XP bonuses but in this game all the optional challenge tombs give bonus skills and the caches give you either a bunch of stuff to buy upgrades with, or a currency that some trader guy takes for stuff you cant get otherwise like pistol suppresors or the rope ascender.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They are both good. Topic Locked.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i fuckin hate tomb raider 2013

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
i like them op.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

They were all right, I thought they would have more cool giant LoZ style puzzles though. There were a few, just thought there would be more.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

They're good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

If you mean the ones in the style of the old ones, just modernized then yeah I think their cool and Lara looks very spicy indeed in them. The ones that are just Far Cry 3 seem fail from what I played though.

The Far Cry 3 ones are the new ones in the OP.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I haven't played them but what I've seen looks deeply infected with normie UbiSoft AIDs, OP.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

there isn't enough tomb raiding

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

there isn't enough tomb raiding

I like the first reboot a lot

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

frank.club posted:

I like the first reboot a lot

needs more tombs to raid

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe the second one has more tombs

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The second one has a tomb like every 5 feet, some of which have bonus sections you need tools from later in the game. The first had a few here and there but not nearly as many.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
They're all super simple physics puzzles I wish there was more variety but I still liked it a moderate amount.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Might as well smoke AIDS out of a crack pipe lined with poop.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*does 6 QTEs to carry out a simple platforming section* Holy mother of Fuckballs. I've got to make a thread about this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

*does 6 QTEs to carry out a simple platforming section* Holy mother of Fuckballs. I've got to make a thread about this.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Might as well smoke AIDS out of a crack pipe lined with poop.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Erm, yeah, I think I'll just stick with smoking crack out of my crack pipe thank you very much.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NNGP-fC6CU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7A5vMl_mdU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

Erm, yeah, I think I'll just stick with smoking crack out of my crack pipe thank you very much.

:D

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I almost forgot. I havent tried it yet because Im still playing the campaign but there's a score attack mode, where you can use challenge cards you get while playing to either make it harder or easier. Harder cards give you a score bonus and easy ones reduce it but you can play even faster because of the advantages. And the best part? It's recording your score and posting it to the leaderboards even in regular story mode so you have a goal to shoot for when you finish the campaign.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

i like the idea of them more than actually playing them.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I bought the first one during the steam summer sale so if I ever play it I'll let you know

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
No they suck loving dick OP.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got the second one with my graphics card and it's mostly poo poo. Some fun stealth/combat parts I guess, I like how, uh... kinetic the movement and actions feel when you're fighting stuff, even though that's a really gay thing to say

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i enjoyed my time with lara croft in the tomb raider reboot, OP. thanks for asking

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I got the second one with my graphics card and it's mostly poo poo. Some fun stealth/combat parts I guess, I like how, uh... kinetic the movement and actions feel when you're fighting stuff, even though that's a really gay thing to say

Ludonarrative gamefeel yo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat the 2nd game and thought fighting the immortal guys was insanely annoying but the final boss fight was cool.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The first one held my attention for a couple hours and I never opened it again

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
things on uplay may as well not exist

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Real Foogla posted:

things on uplay may as well not exist

It's not an Ubisoft game.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
i divorced lara croft in 2001 and im not going back

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
They just announced the PS4 version comin in October will have an online co-op horde mode with microtransactions that buy you card packs and also VR support. Ftw

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

But wouldn't that imply that they are not good..?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

They just announced the PS4 version comin in October will have an online co-op horde mode with microtransactions that buy you card packs and also VR support. Ftw

:barf::vomit::puke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

I don't know why anyone would ever pay for the cards because the game gives you tons by the time you beat the campaign

• Locked thread