Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
game drops 7/15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6evjbBK4uWs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlbY_LGPzYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Boy am I ready for this. I think I've put more hours into this series than any other game, save Diablo 2 LOD.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i cant wait to play this on my wiiu......

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im so fuckng ready

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

im so fuckng ready

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope the samus armor and poo poo all comes over. i never got a chance to get that stuff on 4u

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hope the samus armor and poo poo all comes over. i never got a chance to get that stuff on 4u

The Yian Garuga hunt for Samus stuff was the worst. I hate Garuga

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
well you can play as the cats and the devil may cry costume for them was in 4U... It'd be crazy if they didn't put that in this game

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
i like hunting monsters, how about you?

Gonna main Hammer and bludgeon the poo poo out of everything. Long Sword also feels p good in this version.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they gave my sephiroth sword the buffs it deserves. sorry everyone else, im getting this red blade

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
you cant rodeo a goat as a cat

they were so close to the greatest game ever made, right there

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game that, not too long ago everyone thought wouldnt even come out here, will be in my hands tomrrow

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Bummed there's no preload and probably no midnight eshop release but usually it updates at like 8AM est so I'm gonna get some good sleep and have a monster hunter morning

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it's good but the first two big monsters you fight are rude choices for the game devs to throw at you

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

where do you find stargazer flowers i need to finish this wide range set asap

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

my videogame budget..... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Doctor Goat posted:

it's good but the first two big monsters you fight are rude choices for the game devs to throw at you

Which ones?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

where do you find stargazer flowers i need to finish this wide range set asap

ive only gotten one as a quest

great maccao is like a jaggi if jaggi was obsessed with balancing on its tail and jumping around and then you can go fight cephadrome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I wanted to switch it up from hammer this time around but Aerial Style hammer is fuckin awesome

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Cephadrome is a terrible first choice!!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Cephadrome isn't so tight but Great Maccao wasn't too bad in the demo IMO

The real terror is gonna be Malfestio, nothing liking having your controls reversed and then your catte running up and ganking you as soon as you rewire your brain for reverse controls. Oh yeah and you had a Hammer charge going too, thanks catte

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the only thing less pleasant than i can think of to throw at you early would be plesioth if plesioth is in and still has the classic psychic hip check

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is this just a regular monster hunter or is it different?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

I.N.R.I posted:

every weapon now has 4 subtypes and there's a list of special moves you can equip and you get more or less moves depending on which subtype you're using

otherwise yeah it's just a new monster hunter

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tht reminds me, whts going on with that rpg they annonced a while back

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
they announced like three different amiobo for it

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

So it's MH4U but now you have to learn the game for 100h instead of 50h to enjoy it?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pumprag posted:

So it's MH4U but now you have to learn the game for 100h instead of 50h to enjoy it?

Don't you just have to be inclined to liking these kinds of things. Why do you have to spend time learning this.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
EU imps this is apparently up on the eShop

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

And it's getting a midnight release in USA.... Guess I'm not getting a good nights sleep after all :twisted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

it's the new monster hunter. I tried to get into the series last year with 4U but after about 30 hours I figured I don't think it's for me and gave up on it. sounds like this is a good one for people who like monster hunter though

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I should give my circle pad pro another shot but I always end up using the claw anyway.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Did you play multiplayer? I probably put in 30 hours, enjoying it but not going crazy for it, but once I coordinated some MP hunts with friends it really hit me. The way different skills and status effects interact is really fun and multiplayer allows for a lot of cool loadouts that wouldn't be as fun in single player, like all the hunting horn support skills. We should set up a discord room or something for this btw

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

It changes a few things (like you have 4 different Hunter Styles you can choose between in addition to picking a weapon which alters all your movesets, and you have equippable weapon art abilities that do cool poo poo) but the name refers to it being a "greatest hits" style thing with monsters and zones from across the series in addition to a new one. Also resource gathering and crafting got a LOT more streamlined

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

If you hate monster hunter it won't win you over but from what I understand if you could get into the combat but didn't like some of the gathering/inventory management aspects they have been modernized , at least compared to the other games in the series

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

goferchan posted:

And it's getting a midnight release in USA.... Guess I'm not getting a good nights sleep after all :twisted:

oh gently caress. source?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pumprag posted:

learning games is the fun part

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

If you hate monster hunter it won't win you over but from what I understand if you could get into the combat but didn't like some of the gathering/inventory management aspects they have been modernized , at least compared to the other games in the series

sounds perfect

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

C-Euro posted:

oh gently caress. source?

Now I'm not sure and the Capcom rep says he doesn't know either . Guess we'll know in 2 hours but usually when EU gets a midnight eshop release we do too at EST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
playing as a felyne is fun and cool adn if you could rodeo the new goats itd be the best thing ever

the head of the meownster hunters is dressed up as a musketeer and is named d'artanyan

• Locked thread