Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1142 »
Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Represent!

I'm already excited about the joint cheifs of staff Lovecraftian tabletop roleplay sessions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crane Fist
Jun 5, 2012

Money and power through homicide, my lads.

Phone posted:

Any reform that doesn't start with something dramatic such as disarming the police and working from there isn't serious.

Just going down the list:
1. End broken windows policing - pablum
2. Community oversight - and I'd like a pony
3. Limit use for force - oh hey, finally getting somewhere but it's #3 for some reason
4. Independently investigate & prosecute - I'd like to amend my previous request and would prefer 2 ponies
5. Community representation - ?????????
6. Body cams/Film the police - tried that
7. Training - pablum
8. End for-profit policing - nonsense
9. Demilitarization - why is this #9?
10. Fair police union contracts - ??????????

So we wind up with 2 pablums (well actually like 7 of them), 2 ???????'s, 2 ponies, 2 good ideas, something that has demonstrably failed to work, and a nonsense.

Any reform that doesn't start with something dramatic will never work! Anyway these reforms are too dramatic and would never work

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

Lee Fang and Virgil Texas are getting married

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

medio de fonte leporum surgo amariter

it would legit own if he popped out at crooked media with his own milquetoast interview show

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Tempered by the fires of Hell,his iron will remained steadfast through the passage that preys upon the weak. For alone he was the Hell Walker who sought retribution in all quarters and he hunted the slaves of Doom with barbarous cruelty

Police unions, qualified immunity, drug decriminalization

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Crane Fist posted:

Any reform that doesn't start with something dramatic will never work! Anyway these reforms are too dramatic and would never work

pablum means the opposite of dramatic

Forceholy
Nov 10, 2007

My Voice Just Echoes Off These Walls

bartlebee posted:

Chapo thread what happened to Virgil?

He dead.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Represent!

virgil just went out to buy a pack of whippets, im sure he'll be back in time for my birthday next year

Crane Fist
Jun 5, 2012

Money and power through homicide, my lads.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

pablum means the opposite of dramatic

Oh cool thanks for letting us know, maybe check back in once you've read and deciphered the other eight things on the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

He has completed his chapo-to-fash pipeline transformation, and will be announced as the new wh press sec next week. I look forward to Virgil leading us towards the MAGA wunderland while owning the libs.

i bet he will last at least 2.5 scaramuccis

sam hyde's final trick

«1142 »