Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The fail is strong with Matt, it’s true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Mo Rocca is PMC Virgil

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
The wonderful life episode where amber works at a startup and matt drives for uber was extremely on point

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Eustace posted:

Mo Rocca is PMC Virgil
Oh god this is 100% accurate

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Wolfsheim posted:

The wonderful life episode where amber works at a startup and matt drives for uber was extremely on point

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eustace posted:

Mo Rocca is PMC Virgil

gently caress, gently caress!!!!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Did he gently caress them or something?

he does and 'In McDonalds' by burial plays in the background

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Eustace posted:

Its hard to see Matt as anything than what he currently is

Matt is the professor who wears a lot of rings and a cape. You're already imagining him faking a British accent.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

THS posted:

mirror universe chapo where they are all disgusting but successful PMC careerists, and matt is basically the same weirdo but only has 1000 followers on twitter, works a terrible job he hates

Isn't that what he was before chapo

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Isn't that what he was before chapo

Matt was unemployed

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Eustace posted:

Matt was unemployed

I remember him mentioning he worked at a Barnes & Noble before the podcast because he mentioned it during that Rod Dreher Exorcism reading series

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Eustace posted:

Matt was unemployed

I think he had a couple of odd jobs before chapo.

The rest had some pretty PMC or PMC adjacent jobs before Chapo though. Felix and Virgil worked for some tech millionaire's website, Brendan was a writer, Amber was a writer/professor, and Will worked in publishing.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Felix and Virgil worked for some tech millionaire's website

this is generous lol

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i miss carl diggler

THS
Sep 15, 2017

rip to a real one

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

i say swears online posted:

this is generous lol

cafe.com still exists and I am not sure what it is now because didn't it used to be a comedy website where, like, Rob Whisman went to CPAC and asked dumb questions to random attendees right?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

what the gently caress is this lmao

THS
Sep 15, 2017

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

No

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

THS posted:

mirror universe chapo where they are all disgusting but successful PMC careerists, and matt is basically the same weirdo but only has 1000 followers on twitter, works a terrible job he hates

Did Bernie win in this universe?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

show preet

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

prefect posted:

I'm enjoying this Catherine Liu interview a lot -- I can see this making a lot of snotty people very angry.
From what I understand she left her DSA chapter because they were getting more involved with Mutual Aid and before then was involving herself with the Class Unity Caucus (or CUC like they like to call themselves) and saying anti-idpol bullshit

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

achillesforever6 posted:

From what I understand she left her DSA chapter because they were getting more involved with Mutual Aid and before then was involving herself with the Class Unity Caucus (or CUC like they like to call themselves) and saying anti-idpol bullshit

How did you come to understand this? Because I can't find anything that would suggest this and honestly the more I read from the people who are mad at Liu the more I like her because they're all such unbearable loving freaks, just the worst people in the world, it would be great if everyone who ever wrote on Libcom or even gave it the time of day fell into a sinkhole and was never seen again

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/MKUltraMoney/status/1367552977922318338?s=19

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

some plague rats posted:

How did you come to understand this? Because I can't find anything that would suggest this and honestly the more I read from the people who are mad at Liu the more I like her because they're all such unbearable loving freaks, just the worst people in the world, it would be great if everyone who ever wrote on Libcom or even gave it the time of day fell into a sinkhole and was never seen again

thinking amber did something wrong at the DSA is a surefire sign they're a dunce. the whole canvassing thing where she got in "trouble" because some concern troll was calling her plan to door-to-door canvass ableist was beyond ridiculous

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I want his blue checkmark gone.

I want his tweets burned to the ground.

I want his ability to post Dead!

no shut up GET OUT MY HEAD CHARLES

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Mindful Pussy is a good display name.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

hello baby jirl

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

what the gently caress is this lmao

Rejected supporting characters from the Sopranos?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Re: Red Scare

https://twitter.com/MandelaFace/status/1341729001312714752

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I honestly don't know what to make of the donziger thing or where to even start looking into it further

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

terrorist ambulance posted:

I honestly don't know what to make of the donziger thing or where to even start looking into it further

Elaborate? Like, he's told his story on Chapo 100 episodes ago. You cannot find any way of framing this other than an egregious miscarriage of justice and abuse of power by a bought/corrupt judge. The kind of person whose abuse of power would ideally be punished by the public in a way that would dissuade others from following their disgusting path, knowing where it will lead them in the end.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Because its all so insane it seems inherently improbable. If I knew nothing about it and you told me about it at the bar or whatever, I'd just assume you were getting the details wrong.

I mean, the private prosecution of the contempt charges, the demand for his personal documents and computers and stuff is clearly corrupt, but the original trial decision and the disbarment it gave rise to have been reviewed and affirmed by appeals courts apparently

I'm not a truther or anything and don't believe the guy should be in the situation he's in now clearly, it's just a crazy story

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
That's America. There's no actual rules or anything if you're rich or powerful. A judge can, apparently, literally do all this poo poo without any repercussion. Like with Trump, nobody was willing to actually do anything about what obvious evil and lawlessness he was doing. Until someone is willing to stand up for 'the law' (and I mean abstractly, not our specific bullshit idiotic laws) and punish people like Kaplan and Trump, it'll keep happening. I'm not advocating violence at all, just saying that it's pretty clear that nothing else is going to work, because until these fuckers fear for their lives for their wrongdoings, they'll keep loving doing them.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

america is an evil demon nation hth

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I do like Chris's song selections. Parliament (the band) is great. :peanut:

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Shipon posted:

thinking amber did something wrong at the DSA is a surefire sign they're a dunce. the whole canvassing thing where she got in "trouble" because some concern troll was calling her plan to door-to-door canvass ableist was beyond ridiculous

you mock but that boy is secretary of transportation

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Man could you imagine Trump on cameo? I think it'd be a win win because the chuds would go hog wild with it and ttyhmp would be making bank while getting to just talk and make small talk all day which is his favorite thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Because its all so insane it seems inherently improbable.

The WSJ editorial board published an op-ed defending him getting hosed over if that tells you anything.

but the original trial decision and the disbarment it gave rise to have been reviewed and affirmed by appeals courts apparently

A referee reinstated him and then an appeals court upheld his disbarment. Don't you think that's a bit suspect? Why was an appeals court even part of that procedure once the referee reinstated him that should've been it.

Also the guy they used to win their case told an EU tribunal he lied during his testimony. Absolutely loving insane a judge can assign a private firm to prosecute someone when the state declines.

Dude's been under house arrest for contempt three times longer than the maximum penalty.

That both judges attached to this case haven't had any heat put on them for what they've done is a loving joke. They should be in a cell but nobody's even calling for sanctions.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 5, 2021