Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

In The Heat of The Night
Designing Women
Touched By An Angel
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman
Walker Texas Ranger
Major Dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

General Dog posted:

Seems like the 10-15 year period surrounding the 60s where CBS had an very heavy focus on “rural”-themed programming (headlined by The Andy Griffith Show and The Beverly Hillbillies and their respective expanded universes) merits a look of some sort. You have these extremely popular shows essentially framing of white rural southerners as fundamentally good-hearted and reasonable and wise while, like, the 1960s were happening.

I’m not saying that was bad, per se, but it’s certainly something that could merit examination.

It was a big deal in TV programming. (At least, what I've read about it makes it sound that way.)

The "rural purge" of American television networks (in particular CBS) was a series of cancellations in the early 1970s of still-popular rural-themed shows with demographically skewed audiences, the majority of which occurred at the end of the 1970–71 television season. In addition to rural-themed shows such as Mayberry R.F.D., The Beverly Hillbillies, and Green Acres, the cancellations ended several highly rated variety shows that had been on CBS since the beginning of television broadcasting. CBS saw a dramatic change in direction with the shift, moving away from shows with rural themes and toward more appeal to urban and suburban audiences.[1]

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
tv is so bad now

https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/1381495290595844100

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Also the blood is Black

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I see the blood shaped like Africa

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Also the dead guy is in the shape of the Hunters Mark

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1381489864907100161?s=21

The discourse has become weapons grade nuclear bad

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

what was this a reply to it's gone now

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

It was a reply to what was up

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

A take that Marx was a racist and Black Marxists are misguided, brought to you by the same person who made “liking short women is pedophilia” the day’s discourse a while back.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Bring Virgil back to the show, except it's just Nick doing the Virgil voice the whole time and never dropping character.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

The interview with the guy was good and so was the Civil War Guy. It’s no cum town but maybe an ok show sometimes.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

shame on an IGA posted:

She deleted her account because virgil replied to her I guess lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 12, 2021

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

How is such a frail man so powerful

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Mr. Lobe posted:

How is such a frail man so powerful

Posting Haki

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It does feel like all my streaming services are trying to sell me watches hanging from the inside of a trenchcoat, but instead of watches it's TV shows where black people get tortured.

Sometimes I want to watch movies about gay people who don't get murdered or die from AIDS, is this hopepunk?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

Why are Egypt and Sudan missing?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/thetowerskin/status/1381480472253980681?s=21

A secondary reason she might have deleted. Primary being Virgil, of course

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Greg12 posted:

four-part series on yeltsin's coup, told by a guy who saw it in person? PUT IT IN MY VEINS

ok I just looked up how many subscribers they have and my image of poor old john just barely scraping by as he moves from hovel to hovel was very wrong

The Yeltsin coup episodes were incredible and shed light on stuff that happened while I was alive that I really had no idea about because I was a dumb baby

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Replying to tweets is violence

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

PostNouveau posted:

Replying to tweets is violence

agreed

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How are these people so bad at posting. You have almost a million tweets and a poo poo ton of followers and you delete your account from some pushback?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

How are these people so bad at posting. You have almost a million tweets and a poo poo ton of followers and you delete your account from some pushback?

If I've learned anything from Governors Northam and Cuomo, it's never log off no matter how much people are screaming that you should

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

A take that Marx was a racist and Black Marxists are misguided, brought to you by the same person who made “liking short women is pedophilia” the day’s discourse a while back.

oh gently caress that was her too? lmao god drat that's a fountain of takes

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

turns out one of the anarchist anti chapo obsessives is an abusive climber (and fed?)

https://twitter.com/rosecityantifa/status/1380654886056984578?s=21

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

turns out one of the anarchist anti chapo obsessives is an abusive climber (and fed?)

Who cares?

Edit: Good lord these people need to stick to pertinent poo poo. Most of this is like reading a transcript of a struggle session in 1960s China. Antifash gordon seeks to elevate himself above the collective and displays individualistic characteristics in his tweeting. Seems like his ex-roommate has actual abuse allegations though.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 12, 2021

THS
Sep 15, 2017

yeah that antifashgordon guy sucks imo but that article is 90% “we think this guy is an rear end in a top hat but have no way of saying this except in the most obtuse academic wokery imaginable”. i dont know why people fuckin write like that it is so god drat tedious

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I've never heard of that guy before.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Yet another guy who is extremely mad at the existence of Chapo getting outed as a sex pest, lmao

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

THS posted:

yeah that antifashgordon guy sucks imo but that article is 90% “we think this guy is an rear end in a top hat but have no way of saying this except in the most obtuse academic wokery imaginable”. i dont know why people fuckin write like that it is so god drat tedious
i love when i see a fragment of a conversation like this on twitter and I click to see what the context is and it turns out they're arguing about something a character did in somebody's fanfic

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Vaporwave has produced Laborwave and Fashwave; Tradwifery (patriarchy, heteronormativity, childbirth) can be understood as reactionary Cottagecoreism.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Incredible Matt lore drop on the new ep

We need the tape

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"The Boston sports fandom is the dark heart beating at the center of all American evil." --W.Menaker

:hmmyes:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

AWWNAW posted:

Vaporwave has produced Laborwave and Fashwave; Tradwifery (patriarchy, heteronormativity, childbirth) can be understood as reactionary Cottagecoreism.

yes officer, this post right here

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

prefect posted:

"The Boston sports fandom is the dark heart beating at the center of all American evil." --W.Menaker

:hmmyes:

Pretty rich coming from a Yankees fan.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Pretty rich coming from a Yankees fan.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Matt and Felix both admitted some pretty dark stuff from their past last episode.

Felix's was by fat the most embarrassing.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
They said I was weak
They said I should drink tea
And I said "Sorry dudes,
I like my wits about me"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sephyr posted:

Matt and Felix both admitted some pretty dark stuff from their past last episode.

Yes admitting that you were a Goon is pretty dark tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Sephyr posted:

What did they say? Haven't heard the episode