Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Does canceling someone even do anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's extra dumb because mexico has uhc and a thriving medical tourism industry along the border, especially for dental work and pharmaceuticals

"They don't wash their instruments! Do brown people even know how to brush their teeth?!"

I got braces and an abcess taken care of for about a quarter of what it would cost me in the states.

gently caress the American health care system.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

Why doesn't Felix go on the podcast anymore

Too busy gaming

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

THS posted:

they are turkey legs, have you coastal elites never been to a goddam fair or even renn faire

They sell them at Disneyland

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Shipon posted:

to be fair the only people who go to disneyland are tourists from the midwest or overseas

Yeah.

The Six Flags near LA seems to be the place where all Christian youth groups congregate.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Wait, Virgil is bi?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

yorkinshire posted:

They also all individually say goodnight to one another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp7_u0kcQRo

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

define feminism as closing the gap between reality and their own personal narcissism.

My God, that is an apt description of every upper class white lib feminist I've ever met.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

Watchmen was great. It was not, however, a thing you should read any politics into. If it were, you'd have quite a rich vein to work with. As it stands, it was just a good story told well.

The Tulsa Race Riot opening was strong and raised awareness on the event.
Lube man was fun.
Tim Blake Nelson is awesome anytime he is on screen.
Jeremy Irons hamming it up was fun, but his storyline was ultimately a waste of time.
The flashback episode was probably the best episode of the series by far and works well as a stand alone story.

That's about it for positives on Watchmen.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

The watchmen is no game of thrones that’s for sure.

I love that the final season of GoT was so bad that it immediately lost all cultural staying power.

Wonder how many people changed their kids name when the Dragon Lady did war crimes.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

The second-to-last episode was A God Walks Into A Bar. It was probably THE BEST episode of the whole run, and I loving loved the pilot and was hooked by it hard. The finale to A God Walks Into A Bar was so goddamned amazing.

Ehh. The romance between Sister Knight and Manhattan was flimsy at best.

"I'm in love with you."

"Why?"

"Because the plot demands it."

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

Counterpoint: "This is the moment." "What moment?" "When I fall in love with you." "We've been together this whole time and you're just figuring this poo poo out NOW?"

A time loop is a good love story?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

T-man posted:

I had to take a Washington History class in high school* after transferring from out of state, and it was unironically "and then the indians gave up their land willingly :) :)" level garbage.

* I'm still mad because it was with my least favourite teacher, the exact textbook definition of a Karen

In High School, I had sex ed with a born again Christian. She sent her kids to a Christian school, believed we were in our last days, the works. She showed us pics of anal gonorrhea and told us about the dangers of gay sex. Not hetero anal, gay sex. When I told her she was clueless, she took me aside and unleashed her full karen powers. I hated that woman.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

multijoe posted:

Uh, did she have the school age kids when you were in high school?

I think they were high school aged as well.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

The KHive people are still the most bizarre considering how not-radical their candidate was (and that she was also a cop)

You'd be surprised how far IdPol will go.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Amber sounds like she's gonna Crack under quarantine.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

Thank you. They're loving entertainment/pop culture, they are NOT meant to be dissected as though they're some sort of... meaningful, deep, high art with ideology. They're fun. They aren't GoodFellas. If you want Kurosawa, watch Kurosawa's filmology. If you want to watch Thandos beat up the Adventures with the rainbow glove, you watch these.

The Fast and Furious movies are also about family.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

They’re also a far better superhero franchise than avengers, their super power is cars that’s all.

They also had more earnest representation of POC and women than the Marvel movies. It feels more organic than whatever focus group driven bullshit Marvel put into their movies.

Okuteru fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 27, 2020

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

steven universe is just homestuck 2

I thought Undertale was Homestuck 2: A slightly above average RPG whose acclaim is supported by nostalgia and furries.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

sleeptalker posted:

They're all just YA fiction with the main premise that other people who seem weird or scary are really still just people, and you can be friends with them (or more).

It's a better worldview than Harry Potter at least.

True dat.

I will write in Bernie Sanders as a futile write in vote and nobody can stop me.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

Only good things about episode 2 are the super battle droid design and the creature designs of the monsters they fight in the arena.

Natalie Portman's midriff was good too

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

T-man posted:

I hope he leaves, he's the least funny Chapo imo

T-man continues to have horrible takes. More at 11

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

malcolm x was right

On that note, shout out to the negro town thread on being the black version of D&D.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Todays episode was great, the team is back in full swing and fired up.

Yeah, It sounded like one of the old episodes.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Seams posted:

Virgils gonna drop the leg on Matt and join the New World Order of Podcasting

"If it wasn't for Virgil Texas, Chapo Trap House would be a barely audible Hangouts chat that goes nowhere."

"If it wasn't for Virgil Texas, Matt Chrisman would still be a fail husband somewhere in Wisconsin!"

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Poor Outlook posted:

Again, honesty is the best policy. Just tell you partner the truth. I lied about having sex until I did.

Do not do this.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm the dude who made the embarassing "I've never had sex" post earlier in the thread. Honestly, it's really not that hard. I never got all those jokes about going crazy from no-sex.

If getting laid were that easy, there wouldn't be a thread full of upper class liberals in E/N

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

You know how when you’re at a party and you meet a 30 year old and they are “no I don’t drink, I’ve never had a drink in my whole life.” you might not think they were weird or off-color per se’ but you’d definitely walk away wondering what happened to them or what experiences lead them to never having even tried it?

That’s pretty much exactly how I would feel if I ever met an adult virgin IRL. No disrespect, but surely you can recognize that it’s abnormal enough to be noteworthy.

Then again it’s 2020, if you just claimed to be ACE/ARO I’m quite sure I wouldn’t give it a 2nd thought, that’s an totally normal position now. But if you’re actually TRYING to get laid and it’s just never fired at age 30... that’s when it becomes remarkable.

Being too broke and being religious are good reasons.

But that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, I'm all in on a future time traveling antichrist movie.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah lol imagine being an adult and never having sex hahaha what a loving loser you should have that special something that makes you attractive to women but dont hahahah loser you're gonna die alone hahahaha

gently caress off. Some people dont get to have sex fall on their laps like others. Some people are just not good at social relationships and lack charisma or lack whatever it is that makes you sexworthy. sorry if that doesnt make them part of the cool kids club you made up for yourself.

Tell that to the E/N dating thread. See how long it takes for them to call you an incel. Time it, make a game out of it.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

Heres how much sex I think they've had in order from most to least:

Amber
Will
Matt
Virgil
Felix

littleorv posted:

All men are kings

If he breathes, he's a cuck!

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Will and Virgil are the more ‘straight laced’ of the group but I bet they are the biggest man-whores

I know Felix is a Volcel and Amber had threatened to torture David Brooks with tales of one of her "slutty weekends".

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Race Realists posted:

https://farfrombasyc.com/2020/04/quarantine_dating.html

this guy is blackpilled as gently caress and I love it

This is literally a twenty one pilots song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92XVwY54h5k

Thompsons posted:

I love Felix's takes and retweets about modern media because he's 100% right

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1258109110911995904

This was pretty much that Dr. Katz show from the 90s.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Kunster posted:

Didn't he spend like a few months telling (even non anime watching, including John Dolan) people to go watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, a piece of media of which the exact same "observation" was thrown at it for a decade?

Like, as much as he whined about that clip of Steven Universe crying about his trauma to his girlfriend's doctor mother... NGE was still shown on telly in the 1990's as Saturday Morning Cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmV9B8Q9oNM

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Gripweed posted:

lmao every part of this is wrong. Evangelion was not a Saturday morning cartoon, it aired late at night. And it wasn't just an "it's OK to have feelings" soft cotton candy-colored uwu show, it had awesome giant robot fights and a good sci-fi plot and, and this is Felix's insight about the show that is the most correct and important, Misato is so loving hot.

It also had child PTSD, parental alienation, individualism vs collectivism, and characters dealing with loss dealing with loss.

Then again, this is also the kind of show where the protagonist masturbate over the comatose body of his Co pilot.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

prefect posted:

But Dr. Katz was a good show.

Eh. It was just a stand up comedy anthology show. Nothing wrong with that tho.

Home movies was the superior squigglevison show.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm only a few minutes in but man that Biden clip...

The Trump/Biden debates are gonna own.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

bartlebee posted:

Chapo thread what happened to Virgil?

He dead.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

T. Bombastus posted:

So many of these guys are little babies. Charlie Kirk is the old guard at 26.

Zoomers will not save us

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Remember when he had that bet on touching poop over the Alabama senate race and he went on a victory rant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KthZwuol57g

“Never bet against a diva main. "

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

terrorist ambulance posted:

has amber ever appeared on an episode without mentioning being from the midwest or from indiana

It's either that or ethnic jokes.

Or she goes teaboo for a bit about the miner's union in the UK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah this is my feeling as well

Angry labor Amber is good, but she has this huge blind spot towards the media's role in influencing elections against Leftist candidates. She did it with both Corbyn and Sanders.

She's also dynamite when she is analyzing movies.

Bring back Frost/Christman.