Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Moore also wrote Watchmen which is basically "Superheroes are fascist bullshit: the comicbook"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Now I really hope Chapo has Neil Gaiman on someday since hes the other good comic book writer, plus he wrote this

edit: found a better version

AnEdgelord fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 11, 2019

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
People on reddit and twitter hating on the Alan Moore interview and Im ready to fight some motherfuckers

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I mean he was basically describing the power of art and media to shift peoples beliefs and perception but dressing it all up in a mystical tone. His description of advertising as a form of (extremely evil) magic makes this pretty clear.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

immortalyawn posted:

How good is rich people with rich parents meeting other rich people with rich parents, and how good is it they get to tell others about how bad the world is and what they should do about it when they have nothing to lose.

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1141357512098230273

Rich people have class traitors too

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

UP AND ADAM posted:

I like this podcast because it's good. The community does nothing for me.

Yeah the subreddit is a complete cesspit that makes these threads, even at their worst, look like paragons of good posting and taste.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
what was the meltdown tweet? I missed it

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
They stopped bringing it up after GoT S7 happened and they said 'bend the knee' over 14 times an episode

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Kobayashi posted:

Concentration camps on the border and 10 minutes from war with Iran and the left still can’t log the gently caress off. Twitter is going to get us all killed.

Twitter has already killed us, all thats left is the dying

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Marianne is definitely a creature of the 60s New Left movement. With all of the positives and negatives that implies.

Shes not a complete ghoul or neoliberal shill but she will never cross that final threshold that will allow her to recognize capitalism for what it is.

My mom is the same way.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Not denying most of that but those werent constituents. They were the same DNC surrogates that went to bat for Hillary.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
as much fun as it is to watch trucks get repeatedly owned by low hanging underpasses I really wish the boys could keep to a schedule

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

I agree

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
TIL that Marianne Williamson might be a cult leader. The 6/23 Street Fight call in show had rather interesting caller who talked about her connection to something called "A Course in Miracles".

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The recent inebriated past and age of napoleon episodes have me wanting more Christman rants, is there a good resource to find his guest appearances on other pods?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Halloween Jack posted:

I hadn't seen the new episode drop, and I hadn't read the news, so over the weekend my wife texted me "Who's that airplane child molester guy?" and I did a double take.

Last night we were going to bed when she asked me "What's with the reptile alien thing being an anti-Semitic thing?" She doesn't even use Facebook. I don't know how she's this Online.

BBC world service did a story on Pepe this morning so maybe she caught it early or off an article they published

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I bought the book but only ironically

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Ron Jeremy posted:

Grubstakers episode 51 with Matt talking about Epstein. It’s real good folks.

I just discovered Grubstakers with this episode and let me tell ya, its good as hell

The Musk and Notch ones were what I listened to next and unfortunately Notch isn't interesting enough to make a compelling podcast about but they had Adomian on for the Musk episode and he killed it

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Matt literally called him a dipshit who had everythng in life handed to him on a silver platter

The only people who were lionizing him were Will and Felix who were both dripping with Irony the entire time

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
This is the best episode they've done in a very very long time. I literally just started listening to it again after I finished it.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Jojo not being on the list is criminal

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MadJackal posted:

It’s so goddamn transparent that the Chapo crew is threatened by Warren’s embrace of Medicare for All because it threatens Bernie’s appeal.

All the bitching about Netroots embracing her because it allows them to think “they’re as left as Bernie” while they secretly hate all leftist policy is baseless. Plus the proposed alternative to dreaded ~technocratic solutions~ is just “traditional politics.” You know, the politics that led to a defeat in 2016.

I’m voting for Bernie in the NY primary for what it’s worth. I just want them to acknowledge that even if Warren isn’t the paragon of leftism they want, she’s taking up a huge share of the non-centrist/Biden Democratic electorate because she’s pushing for the same kinds of policy Sanders is, and not everything is a massive conspiracy against him.

Source your quotes

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Nick is Caine

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I remember when duncan did the spanish wars of independence and he talked about how the Jesuits were hated because they made a point of running schools for the poor and natives in the Americas. They even had the audacity to treat the natives like people.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The cumboys are the Pillar Men

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

I like how everyone from maga chuds to rose emojis is dunking on him in the replies. Even the libs are joining in.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I dont understand how people dont understand youth culture when its just millennials culture thats been distorted by internet meme culture even further.

Half the poo poo the boys complain about is just poo poo that I was doing on /b/ 10 years ago.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Civilized Fishbot posted:

yeah but that subreddit loving sucks so :shrug:

Reddit admins suck substantially more

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
lol here is some of the content that the reddit admins removed

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

My man is daring twitter to ban him

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Serf posted:

yeah my thought is that amazon paid for someone to claim to be a worker and write that piece

I absolutely know people just like the guy in the article. Its tempting to believe its an astroturfed fake but the far more horrific reality is thag its equally likely they just picked some credulous old man who never grew out of being a teacher's pet and told him to write an article.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Penisaurus Sex posted:

The good FROM games (Armored Core series, Kings Field) or the bad ones (all the other ones)?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

People really have a lot of trouble with irony

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I buy the idea of Epstein being "fake" on some level but I dont buy the body double or the masonic ritual stuff.

The Epstein stuff is legitimately insane and harrowing but you gotta stay grounded or you just end up as a flat earth or reptilian guy.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Hooplah posted:

live shows are literally always worse for every podcast that does them because they have to engage their audience somehow and that necessarily excludes the secondhand listener

:wrong:

Cumtown live shows are great because you get to listen to the boys make fun of the crowd to their faces, also the audience cheering for the ad reads

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsieurChoc posted:

Get Matt to play Bloodborne.

The world is basically Yharnam at this point, except instead of space gods its capitalism.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
American liberals are all one rude service worker away from turning into Monarchists so you can just imagine what 9/11 did to their brains.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Joementum posted:

People who weren't politically conscious at the time won't believe this, but the Bush years were much, much worse than what we're currently living through.

My dad is and was a full on Alex Jones 9/11 truther so I was actually pretty engaged at the time even if it was in one of the dumber ways that you could have been. What I remember from that time is every "normal" person turning into a braying psychopath who thought God was personally on their side and wanted to kick off the modern day crusades as revenge for 9/11. There was way WAY less dissent back then and religious fervor was the order of the day.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Spoeank posted:

"While the Dissident Right evolved out of the chans, the Dirtbag Left grew more out of the stand-up comedy scene. Chapo-allied podcast Cum Town features New York comedians Nick Mullen and Stavros Halkias, while proto-Dirtbag Leftist podcast Last Podcast on the Left stars Ben Kissel, who spent years in the New York stand-up scene."

Adam Erasure lmao

The dirtbag left also partially grew out of of the chans with /leftypol/ (as well as SA) so this person either doesn't know what they're talking about or is deliberately ignoring it to craft a specific narrative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/JoeyQuits/status/1165291659728474112?s=19