Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The only reason aliens would be interested in us is to study us for scientific reasons. All that requires is observation and occasional abductions, any more contact than that may effect our behavior too much for them to harvest useful sociological data.

Mineral wealth is largely meaningless to species that would have a virtually endless number of empty rocks to mine for resources, and all they would need is some genetic material to replicate of our agricultural crops which just requires a quick ride down to the midwest in the middle of the night to get some plant clippings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

General Dog posted:

Not many planets have oil and refineries though

yeah but if you can do interstellar travel you either have some sort of synthetic replacement or you have some other (probably much better) energy source

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Jabronie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le7Fqbsrrm8

There's this video from last year about the navy pilot footage that explains the pilots are just dumb guys staring through the flir cameras. The footage is either; a plane too far away to get range so they tell the pilot no one is in front of him, gimbal camera refracting the light of a inverse infrared view of a jet's plume, or balloons getting different wind speed/direction at different altitude than the jet.

Seems incredibly unlikely even without watching the video. You might be able to hand wave away civilian sightings with poo poo like that but navy pilots are a slightly different matter. Especially when they are telling their story on national television with pentagon backing. Whatever is happening it is not mere optical illusion. Doesn't mean they're actual aliens though and if you want a much more compelling explanation then I give you this:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/40054/adversary-drones-are-spying-on-the-u-s-and-the-pentagon-acts-like-theyre-ufos

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The key to dryjacking is still having your foreskin

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I was too busy playing Control to watch

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Halloween Jack posted:

I thought the most recent episode was kinda unfocused and specific segments didn't appeal to me as much, but the show has been on a hell of an upswing.

I finally got around to listening to Time for My Stories. I really enjoyed the Dallas one. If Matt and Felix hate Texas because Texans never shut up about the greatness of Texas and being Texan, how did they stand living in NYC for years?

Texans are much worse than New Yorkers since they can't ever shut up about how their state could beat up all the other states and trash talking everybody else's food. Plus every New Yorker I ever met was just thankful to not be in NYC and really only missed the pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Wizard Master posted:

Interesting to note that Matt Christmas is divorced - astute observers will notice no wedding ring in recent cushvlogs and the reason he moved to LA is to hook up with a female standup notable for calling out Harvey Weinstein during improv show?
Proof: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPjv9nlghyX/?utm_medium=copy_link

Can we not?