Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Uranium posted:

Lmao at Matt watching SNL for all these years

He has to enjoy it on some level. Even just comfortable familiarity. He's getting some kind of pleasure out of watching SNL beyond that monitoring society explanation he came up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Where's the new Vanderpod?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Halloween Jack posted:

And Vanko, and the Vulture.

Those two not as much. Killmonger and the Aquaman guy wanted to end systems of oppression. Vanko only wanted revenge and the Vulture just wanted to make money, even if they both had legitimate grievances.

Michael Keton was fantastic as the Vulture and the character did make some really good points, but the "The Vuture was the good guy" take seems to ignore that his reaction to his legitimate grievance was to start illegally selling guns to whoever could pay.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SlimGoodbody posted:

I've never heard of it, but apparently there's some popular anarchist podcast called The Guillotine, and one of its hosts (a guy called Dr. Bones I think) is being both dragged and cancelled for sex creeping. Anarchist Twitter is pretty much drawing and quartering him.

I really wish it was possible to fan of Chapo Trap House without also caring about fifteen other worse, less popular vaguely leftist podcasts hosted by sex weirdos and freaks.

but, alas

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Rapidly Going Deaf › Chapo Trap House: Christmas is identity politics

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

sexpig by night posted:

Amber is, consistently, the most powerful Chapo

The best joke Chapo has ever done was when Matt used the phrase "Homo Economicus" in the middle of some long rant and when he paused for breath Amber very quietly said "You're Homo Economicus"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

If you want a more recent episode I really enjoyed 258 - Lesko's Lament

You could also go back and find the Tabletop RPG ones since they're not as current-events'y

but they're super injokey. Don't listen to the Tabletop RPG episodes if you won't be able to figure out who "The Baseball Rube" is a parody of

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I can't get over that the Newsroom themesong literally is just a song playing over flashing words like "BREAKING NEWS" "SPECIAL BULLETIN" "NEWS"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't get these liberal people who genuinely love the news. Like, the main Newsguy goes on a rant about the greatest journalists and includes Buckley, because his debate with Vidal was an Event, and the National Review was a thing that definitely existed.

All media about journalists is terrible, but at least there is a base to it. "Journalism exposes the dark truths that the powerful want to hide" is a total myth, but at least it's a good myth. But this isn't even about journalism, it's about the news. It's completely removed from any kind of foundational morality, it's just The News as a TV show. The moral issue the characters in the Newsroom face isn't stuff like, are they going to risk the wrath of powerful figures by exposing the truth or are they going to break the law to give the people information they deserve to know. It's are they going to do a good job doing the news. The show treats it like a great moral victory when they do a good episode of the news, and they are always tempted by the easy sin of doing a bad episode of the news.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

PostNouveau posted:

The Sorkin version of SNL was important. It's really sad.

Holy poo poo. this is a synopsis for an episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Jordan's internal hemorrhaging is stopped, but her prolonged exposure may have led to a bacterial infection, leaving Harriet and Danny feeling helpless to do anything. Jack tries pressuring Simon into releasing a written apology to the media, which he firmly refuses to do. The military gains information that the terrorists may have executed one of the airmen, leading Mary Tate's K & R efforts to go forward. In addition to this, Mary Tate begins to draw up the paperwork that can make Danny the baby's legal guardian in the event of Jordan's death. Flashbacks reveal that Matt and Danny aired a sketch displaying the dubious relationship between the White House and Hollywood five weeks after 9/11, a sketch that angered many viewers. When Matt refused to release any apology, Jack threatened to fire them. This lack of principle led Matt and Danny to quit the show. Martin Sheen voices a conservative talk show host.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

goodog posted:

Matt having to play something like Blood Bowl might actually kill him.

Let's spend the next 4 pages discussing what Warhammer 40k army each host would play

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Chakan posted:

VT - Tau

racists

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Chakan posted:

I was thinking Eldar for a split second because Shuriken Cannon sounds like him, but he's a mech man at heart. Anyone who calls themselves a D.Va main probably plays Tau.

What about Questor Mechanicus Knights?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

but seriously

Will - Space Wolves
Felix - Catachans
Virgil - Adeptus Mechanicus
Amber - Dark Eldar
Matt - Inquisition

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Amber would be Skaven I will die on this hill.

SKAVEN AREN'T IN 40K!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Spoeank posted:

uuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

more like the_movieblob

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/1083420542969950208

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

custom Gundam suit is a bit redundant. It's very rare for Gundams to be mass-produced, most Gundams are unique. When someone has a custom Mobile Suit, it's usually a variant of a mass-produced suit. Like Char's custom Zaku or Barara's custom Mack Knife

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Mr. Lobe posted:

I don't know a drat thing about robot animes but I find it extremely funny if for some reason there is a gundam named after the villain protagonist of a Bertolt Brecht play

Not a Gundam, just a Mobile Suit. All giant humanoid robots in Gundam are Mobile Suits, but only some Mobile Suits are Gundams. But yea the Mack Knife is cool

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gonzo McFee posted:

Who gives a poo poo Goku could kill a gundam with one punch

That depends on the Gundam

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Jonas Albrecht posted:

jfc there has never been a Gundam that Goku couldn't kill.

That's a given, Goku is very strong. But the statement was that Goku could kill a Gundam with one punch. There are some Gundams that would give him trouble. The Devil Gundam, obviously. But I think any Mobile Suit with a very powerful I-Field like the Nu Gundam or the Rosen Zulu would trip him up at first, just because Goku doesn't have a lot of experience with force fields.

And that's not even getting into how Goku would interact with Newtypes. Goku is capable of telepathy, so would he be able to resonate with Newtypes? There's literally no way to know.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Chexoid posted:

Will has been posting photos of Matt without his beard and, "that's a no from me, dog".

yeah that's genuinely upsetting.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Digital Jedi posted:

I hope the do a episode on Charlie Wilson's War

I saw trailers for that, I assumed the whole point was that Charlie Wilson was a bad guy? Is it seriously pro-Wilson?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I would buy this on DVD

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

PostNouveau posted:

lol chapo boys getting fatter and fatter with every new video

Not Felix

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1094805563043651585

guys, john Cusack is a puppet of the dastardly Chapo Boys

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Chexoid posted:

Hey weren't there supposed to be regular weekly twitch streams with the studio setup. Or was Matt making promises while drinking too much happy juice.

he never said when they were gonna start

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Halloween Jack posted:

Why do I keep hearing about Linehan, anyway? I've seen clips from Father Ted. I never thought or cared about who wrote it until this lumpy old idiot took point in the TERF Wars. He's an old gross mashed potato man like every British reactionary; who cares?

He now leads targeted online harassment of trans people and works tirelessly to defeat trans rights in the UK

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Chapo should do a movie episode on detective pikachu

They don't do episodes on unironically good movies

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Predator isn't something you can divorce from its premise. You stray from "an action movie that runs afoul of a horror movie" or start doing stupid poo poo like explaining why predators hunt, and you're just gonna end up with poo poo.

Pure poo poo.

It's amazing that Predator 2 is one of the best examples of how to do a sequel, but both successive Predator sequels sucked rear end.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's good, but the redesign for the "Eviler" Predators is super loving bad.

The entire concept of eviler predators is stupid

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Weembles posted:

2007 is just rmembered because of No Country for Old Men and There Will be Blood. Besides that - what? Charlie Wilson's War? The Simpsons Movie?

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, The Mist, Juken Sentai Gekiranger: Nei-Nei! Hou-Hou! Hong Kong Decisive Battle

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I Before E posted:

The Brothers Solomon, too.

Yeah there were a lot of movies made in 2007 that nobody saw or remembers

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Ah so they're Kamen Riders...interesting.

Full... metal... jacket.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The best ending to any superhero movie is Kamen Rider OOO Wonderful: The Shogun and the 21 Core Medals. An evil witch has put a dome over Tokyo and is draining everybody's life energy to power herself. When Kamen Rider OOO and his friends get to her lair, OOO sees that she's far too powerful for him to beat. So he pleads with her to just let him and his family go. All his friends are like, no you've got to fight her, how could you be so heartless. But the witch is like, very well, I shall spare you and your family. Suddenly her machine stops sucking life energy out of anyone and she loses her powers. The witch is like, what did you do, you tricked me! and OOO says "Oh, didn't you know? Everyone on earth is my family!"

All American superhero movies just end with people punching a blue laser and being sad.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

T-man posted:

she gets hate 'cause she's a she

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

prefect posted:

Matt just lost some ground in my "favorite Chapo" rankings. :(

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1105530845601980418

He's right

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

the bonus episode this week is boring

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

get that OUT of my face posted:

How? That guy is a bigoted ghoul and you can't make him funny. Frankly, I don't see why they keep going back to that well.

You didn't enjoy the bimboification episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/beepbeepleaf/status/1111393631322165256