Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

The Muppets On PCP posted:

would've gone with gregg popovich but sure

BILL LAMBEER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Flaskraven posted:

Wow, that's so cool

Smoking weed and watching movies is pretty cool though.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Got the Uncle Magic tee for my nephew who is also a listener

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Gibson has completely lost the plot. His newest book is pure resistance brain worms.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

LOOK IT WASNT LITERALLY A WYATT MANS CARTOON ITS NOT RACIST OKAY?????

lol as I dig a grave and write my will on this tiny hillock

selec
Sep 6, 2003

My quarantine has been ok. I already worked from home and dealt with mental health stuff, so I felt prepared by prior experiences to weather this out. Having a wife and dog is helpful, as are video games, and making music, and reading, and weed.

Do what it takes to feel ok. Don’t think about should, just think about could or would.

My mom, who doesn’t drink by herself, and had a pretty active social life, is going stir loving crazy.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Gone Home was alright. There’s room for all kinds of art in the world. It’s not that serious.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

AnEdgelord posted:

Well thats certainly an episode title

Hell yes

https://youtu.be/jv6OJ23G3uU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

My lil nephew also listens so I sent him the Rules for Dating My Uncle shirt and he loved it :agesilaus:

selec
Sep 6, 2003

net work error posted:

I'm glad Virgil is back but I didn't want a Beltway Garage right now

I wanted this taste of acidic normalcy. We are at an impasse,

and now we must duel.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I managed to get quote tweeted (disapprovingly) by Taibbi yesterday for saying the letter was pointless whining with no real asks, so I’m excited to listen to this garbage fire.

Arguing with dummies who think it should be illegal to fire someone for blurting out racist poo poo was fun for a slow day at work, I guess.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Iowa has amazing weather. We get lots of weather talk on the family group texts. You gotta be somewhere with weather, and a porch with a roof, and you will thrive.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Breadallelogram posted:

did you see that crazy hail last week?

We were on the porch until it was too intense and we fled inside.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah I very specifically remember that guy being involved in a thing where he would fly to Europe to recruit “models” for his parties and then legally fly them to the US to just hang at his parties. Just buying poor women from Slavic countries and then inviting them to “hang out” at private VIP club events you throw for rich investors, seems totally above board

Beef Girl and the Human Trafficker is a Grant Morrison comic.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

littleorv posted:

I hate this poo poo bro

They’re digging up all of his pre-woke tweets right now and there are some gems.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

I've had James Adomian's "TED CRUZ!" stuck in my head as "CANCUN!" all morning.

Same, fellow brokebrain

selec
Sep 6, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

Also is 'yea, no' a midwest thing? The only other person I hear use it as a filler kinda phrase is a buddy from Minnesota

I know a few other Iowans who do this besides me, so it might be.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

TerminalSaint posted:

Based on the Chapo approved book Moby Dick, we know that they are fish.

Always some pedant telling me read theory smdh

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

I honestly feel the same way about phones and social media. Not everyone has phone cancer, but for many a tiny rectangle that is both the tool you need to work and therefore must always answer and is ALSO your social life and tie to the outside world so the little rectangle must constantly be making sounds or else you are unloved and unpopular but also every sound it makes is potentially more morale-crushing gig-service. If the phone is quiet you are lonely and poor, if the phone is noisy than you are anxious.

I took a leave of absence from my consulting job a month ago and my phone screen time dropped from 8 hrs day average to 3 hrs a day in two weeks. I worked from home and was averaging 10-12 hours a day for months.

It is hard to overstate how much work in America sucks rn.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Stickfigure posted:

If you dont have a social life outside of work it usually means you just suck and people won't willingly associate with you. That's not the jobs fault

lol yeah that’s those people working 12 hour overnights just need to put themselves out there

selec
Sep 6, 2003

As somebody who adopted a dog who’d been through trauma and injury, and is a chihuahua-corgi with some extra hypervigilance on top, we have worked out asses off to allow him to become the sweet, gentle boy he is today. And he couldn’t be that without our help, and it’s infuriating that people don’t see the moral monstrosity of refusing to help a living thing you took on voluntarily.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

They are talking about stuff they really like instead of talking about stuff they feel obligated to talk about, is my guess

I could go for animal riffs at the top of every show as a regular feature

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Best thing about being able to find out about anything is realizing you don’t have to have an opinion on anything. They’re anonymous posts.
It could be a real woman, could be somebody from Kiwi Farms. I’m just gonna grill and not have an opinion until there’s something actually worth having a take about. It’s all parasocial haruspicy until then.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Konec Hry posted:

John Le Car

I refuse this Francophile poo poo, he’s John The Car.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

Jesus fuckin Christ

it’s hard out here for a bust rodd

selec
Sep 6, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

wait Tupac was real?!

there was a guy who got plastic surgery to look like the hologram and was in a Dan Aykroyd movie

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Cosmik Slop posted:

Mother of loving christ. My eyes are bleeding.

This is why I’m Not The Crazy One for calling him Jizzy Tizzle at Christmas last year and making my aunt cry

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

In the Glenn Beck episode (the low key best ep) he said Chapo wouldn't last to episode 400 or much past it I think and Matt and Will are incredulous and Will says "Chapo forever!"

Reminds me of when Adam Friedland made fun of Chelsea Clinton and she quote tweeted him so he de-activated for a bit. Total pussy move.

It’s a pretty basic maneuver to ensure your account doesn’t get report spammed into deletion.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

If I was going to go with the most charitable possibility I could come up with, Virgil is in rehab and isn’t going to say poo poo until he’s out.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Mr. Grinch posted:

I could have sworn he was alluding to Protestants thinking the Catholic church was bullshit but continuing to be Christians anyway but I was only half listening

It’s this. If you work yourself up into such a lather that every priest is a stooge to at least a corrupt, fallen away ministry, to at worst a literal demonic follower of the antichrist, you have to have a competing system (every man a priest) that takes the level of power previously invested in that institution and put it somewhere.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

lmao that guy is a literal corrections officer he doesn’t get to talk about being part of a system that enables sexual abuse

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

There is some wild Satanic Panic poo poo in that documentary, but let's not ignore the fact that Limp Bizkit is contemptibly awful music.

It’s fine.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

papa horny michael posted:

Yep. He was liking really cringe tweets about masking/non-masking for a week beforehand

Were you checking up on that?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

The REAL Goobusters posted:

we got a Like Police in here

Natural Born PO-leece

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Toplowtech posted:

The real question is how many rapists got elected because a girl boss type feminist ran a poo poo campaign against them?

[principle skinner meme]

no, the women are wrong for running against the rapist

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Slanderer posted:

sad middle aged fat man who overshares about his pathetic sex life lusts after sad middled aged divorcee who overshares about her pathetic sex life

lol is “divorcee” a thing? Thought that went out a long time ago

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I LITERALLY ALMOST POSTED “Divorcee is a term more moldy than calling things you don’t like gay”

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Slanderer posted:

I couldn’t think of a shorthand for “divorced chick energy”

:mamacita:

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Famethrowa posted:

In-credible.

How is this person employable/employed.

Being constantly duped by power structures yet competent at the tasks they give you is like catmeat for HR people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

HR types are all reptilians