Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Thaddius the Large posted:

Yeah, I tried a couple episodes of Cum Town and holy hell it's bad. At first I thought they were doing a schtick trying to make it as horrible as possible, and it was kind of funny, but then I had the slow dawning realization that they weren't being ironic, and really are that loving stupid and unfunny.

I think it's okay when they aren't doing dumb characters. That whole Dr. Evil/Woke Bastard/Autism Powers bit had me thinking "How many layers of irony is this? Whatever it is it's comedic poison."

That said Felix Biederman's other podcast The Scumbag! is pretty great and probably even better than Chapo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The more I'm exposed to Dan Nainan the more I respect his hustle. You gotta work hard to be that unfunny and still find people to give you money to perform comedy. It's not like there's a lot of dark money out there to prop up failson comedians.

...is there?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

He reminds me of a chef Anthony Bourdain talked about in one of his books: He would cook for all these high-society parties but the food he prepared was terrible and he would show nothing but contempt for his patrons. Bourdain figured he could get away with it because what mattered was the prestige of having this chef who cooks for all the famous people cook for you. He also believed the ultra-wealthy hated each other so making others eat lovely, burnt food out of social obligation brought them some happiness.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

That cat making GBS threads mid-podcast is probably the most frequent shared guest between Chapo and Cum Town.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The head Cum boy, the girl and one of the Chapo boys either the nerd, the jock or the slob.

I'm very bad with names.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I need to watch some video content before I can ever successfully put names to their personas.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I choose to believe Eskimo based mostly on name.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Will I can usually remember because he looks and sounds like a middle school math teacher but I often confuse Matt and Felix. If they could swap names it would help me a lot.

Also Felix needs to do The Scumbag more.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Nick sounds so happy. :unsmith:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

What was the last Chapo thing Virgil was even part of? I can't remember the last time he was on the show. Amber too, but I guess she's writing her book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I remember Matt being irate about him on his streams after he ghosted when Bernie lost the primary, but that could have simply been due to being constantly asked "Where's Virgil?" It's a shame because he was a very good and active part of the crew before that.