Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

My burning question about the Matt Yells At Statues spinoff show is whether he chooses to drag J. Marion Sims at the SC Statehouse, at the U of SC women's dorm named after him, or in Central Park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I know this gets thrown around a lot but in all seriousness where the gently caress is that man's chin

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

What kind of absolute loser read Garfield as a child. I had all of the Calvin and Hobbes books, which I read many times. I revisited them as an adult a couple years back, expecting to be disappointed at how they were actually bad, only to find that they were actually genuinely good. As far as I'm aware, Calvin and Hobbes was the only actually-funny newspaper comic to ever exist.

My friend do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Krazy Kat?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

don't know how they didn't mention the coup's party music, a seminal piece of 9/11 music lore, big oversight*

*though i still have about 25 minutes left

It's not just the cover art, this record slaps.

Track 2: Five Million Ways to Kill A CEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQthFDpYCys

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

i say swears online posted:

rainbow six, the book, is beyond awful

It's pretty good if you start from the premise that the eco-terrorists were right from the outset and it's a dystopian rumination on the abuse of state power to protect capital

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Awesome Animals posted:

Funny how Rage Against the Machine profited off their music. True leftists.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It's not Ellis' fault Transmetropolitan turned out to be a documentary.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

give me vp nina turner or give me death

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

I don't think it's inherently BAD to try to beat the alt right freaks at their own game, because yea those guys are gonna say fuckin Peppa Pig is about how SJWs are Nazis or whatever so we might as well be there to go 'actually it's about how landlords are evil' because gently caress it we have the same amount to work with.

Peak lolworthy right-wing criticism is when they seriously try to claim Thomas the Tank Engine as leftist propaganda

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

My favorite was always Criminal Intent, it answered my long-asked question of "What if The Shield was just all Dutch all the time?"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Does that show ever get good? I've never been about to sit through more than like half an ep of it.

Honestly I've never seen the first two seasons, once Glenn Close and especially Anthony Anderson show up it's great, and stuck the landing better than anything else I've ever seen.

Like holy poo poo the Kangaroo Jack guy is loving terrifying.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 25, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the problem with vincent d'onofrio is he's not really an actor so much as a catalog of physical tics that does the occasional line reading

the whole show pretty much revolves around the consequences of the two major events of the first couple seasons- the strike team killing crowley and robbing the armenian mob

Yeah but Previously, on The Shield

"I killed

a cop

pah"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Foreverially Incarcerated Ed

Also god how is Ireland Simpsons Fans so good

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

T-man posted:

I don't want to know who Asuka is because any answer will be made gross by that One Scene.

yeah but KOTH had that One scene

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

red19fire posted:

Rogue One is probably the best star war of the past decade. Although TLJ owns as an allegory for the 2016 election.

I'm 34 and it's the best star war of my lifetime.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

which one of you

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/12/19/its-official-air-forces-huey-replacement-named-grey-wolf.html

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Reminder that Gen. William T. Sherman PBUH is a former president of LSU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

After binging Pretty Good a few years ago I just want to mainline Jon Bois content straight into my veins 24/7

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

He's confessing to multiple suicides hth

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Delegates are allotted proportionally. So if Bernie wins a bunch of crowded primaries with 30% of the vote, he’d only have around 30% of the delegates at the convention and thus couldn’t win a majority on the first ballot. I think delegates become unbound after the first ballot which means Pete’s delegates for example could go over to Biden and put him over the top.

The 15% cutoff works for us though, let's say this yougov poll is how things actually shake in a primary:

Sanders 27%

Biden 25%

Warren 18%

Buttigieg 13%

Klobuchar 7%

Steyer 3%

Booker 3%

Yang 2%

Patrick 1%

Gabbard 1%

Bennet 0%

Castro 0%

Delaney 0%

Williamson 0

Only Joe, Bernie and Liz pass the bar and delegates award proportionally among only them, leaving bernie with 27 / 70 =~39%

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Your mission when canvassing and phonebanking is to sell anyone leaning non-bernie firm on any of the no-hopers to further dilute the succ. Steyer's the easiest because of all his media buy, they'll have heard of him.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 9, 2020

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Rainbow Knight posted:

i can't remember 2006 or the LF era but yeah good for him :unsmith:

like, I remember reading that he's a troll, and I followed him on twitter for a bit, but I honestly don't know if he's genuinely funny to people or if it's just one of those goon nostalgia things.

He elevates posting to a high art.

https://mobile.twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1215781195365175296

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

A few will, but most won't. We have to try, and i sure as hell am, but realistically Bernie is gonna get hosed, and most people will not be reached enough to truly enact his theory of change. Most likely we are utterly hosed. Trump is gonna win.

But we have to fight the long defeat, because to do otherwise is cowardice.

:frogout:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Race Realists posted:

truth be told: I'm loving horrified to think what voting for Bernie would like in a blood red hellhole like Georgia (who literally has a history of Voter Suppression) or South Carolina :stare:

Immensely goddamn satisfying in 2016.

I have three yard signs, only a coward tucks his chain.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Race Realists posted:

by far the biggest revelation in this recent episode is Amber getting married at the ripe old age of 23 :stare:

jesus

every time I read a story about somebody marrying their grade school sweetheart right out of high school or some insanely young age I feel like I've time traveled to 1925

That's weirdly old by SC standards

Chapos are right to shun us

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The only response to pro-lifers is to ask why they haven't bombed a clinic yet and call them cowards.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/MlleKitty/statu...ingawful.com%2F

https://mobile.twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1227746326701596672

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lmfao slate just did an entire podcast about the NH live show

https://slate.com/podcasts/the-gist/2020/02/chapo-trap-house-buttigieg-cia-conspiracy

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

When will Matt admit that Chris Christie is his real father?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDc6vwnYYTI

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

no but seriously, lock her up

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I canvassed with a reformed boomer who was at the Iowa show that Virgil vape-bombed and had never heard of them before. They're so RUDE! but they're right, at least I think they were, they need to introduce all these twitter characters before they start talking about them

:3:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I remember 5 or 6 years ago daring people to name a single character from Avatar as an icebreaker at parties. Did any of them succeed? How the hell would I know I don't remember anything from Dances With Smurfs.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

goin for the kill shot

https://mobile.twitter.com/proctorg76/status/1236034084171808772

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Sopranos is the greatest documentary of boomers at the end of end of history which could ever be made

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol if that's the worst deliberate miseducation you got, around these parts Eli Whitney gets trotted out as a black history month hero

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bernie grabbing his pen

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

tweet yeeted what was it

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Rent strike's on! (For megacorp retailers)

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/...ingawful.com%2F

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Such is the curse of all peacetime militaries, they can't just buy talent so everyone who stays in long enough to advance is either a true believer ideologue or suffering the dual misfortune of being both too incompetent to survive on the outside and also self-aware enough to know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It was the kill shot after a multiple page discussion about the personhood of droids

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837020&pagenumber=582&perpage=40#post491564951