Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

What happened to Amber and what the gently caress is a nick mullen ty god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I had to go find the cum town thread to find out that surprise, it's incomprehensible Internet drama? Nobody seems to have screenshotted the original offense lol

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Here's an idea: Matt's anti-gaming rants are partially a bit because it's funny to listen to him argue about them with his gamer co-hosts and the show is meant to be entertaining.

Yeah they had a whole dumb joke debate about the subject. Matt probably just threw in arguments to pad out the time or something.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Pom poko is an underrated ghibli imo, absolutely delightful to watch high

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

Listened to like 2 eps of Red Scare. It feels closer to a "Russian Jew / Armenian Bodega Boys

God drat it I'm gonna have to listen to red scare

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Rude

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Then don't smoke

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Lmao come on just give it up

https://twitter.com/NeeNeinNyetNo/status/1136281988426620928?s=19

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Sounds like a cop-out to me, the chapo crew hosed up by not indulging the old man and his teens.

Given the choices for crank candidates I'd take the 9/11 truther with good positions over the antivax lady any day

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

https://twitter.com/feraljokes/status/1142932762606874627?s=19

Flores has gone mask off

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Pharmaskittle posted:

This is true with the exception of the trillbillies, who must be protected at all costs

Also the srsly wrong sweeties, who never have drama because they're sweeties but if they did it would be true

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

What if we compromise and send Louis to prison and then let him do shows after

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

watching people mistake hating brooklynites for politics owns so loving hard

It's great yeah, love that everything has to be about new york at all times

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

That clip of Will in the Christmas special breaking character to shout "AMBER, STOP DOING poo poo THAT GETS US IN TROUBLE" on loop, forever

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

thotsky posted:

It's only like the two SA people who have it in for her repeating them ad nauseum.

I think the rest of the amber-critical posters just recognize this is the absolute worst place to try to discuss it lol, the response is wildly disproportionate to the criticism every time

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Would also like to add that gravel has been on both srsly wrong and season of the b, two excellent podcasts. The fossil definitely does solo appearances, and openly admits to differences between him and the teens lol.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

BBJoey posted:

you know, thinking about it it's patently obvious that Amber has been a CIA psyop all along now that she's clumsily blonw her cover because the boys are getting too close to breaking out of the matrix due to Epstein

Came to post this :tinfoil:

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I Before E posted:

Oh hey that's me

Virgil where's the newsletter

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Who the hell are all these people paying the Bruenigs? Or does that include the think tank patreon.

E: pay street fight, get trillbillies on the list

E2 lmao the replies. Broes mad

https://twitter.com/mycheesemonster/status/1171261194692247552?s=19

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 10, 2019

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Chapo pays their guests now though right? That seems more reasonable to expect than "movement building," which I don't think they'll ever claim to do

vvv yeah that's what I was thinking of. for better or worse they actively avoid it outside of promoting already-huge events or specific candidates.

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 10, 2019

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Donate to a good leftist podcast aka trillbilly's

And or season of the B, they're good

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

The big sitcom that the media class loves gushing about is The Good Place which isnt necessarily bad but its comedy feels super clean and toothless compared to other stuff. Its basically the "Sensible Chuckle" magazine from that gag in Danger 5 but an entire show.

To their credit there have been some pretty good anticapitalist bits throughout the show.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

The Kingfish posted:

lol at Nick claiming the joker’s motivation just comes down to “jokes are subjective.”

At the absolute climax of the movie, Joker screams one last joke before shooting a late night host in the head on live tv: “What do you get when you cross a mentally ill loner, with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash? You get what you loving deserve!”

I just saw it today and yeah I'm not sure how there was any confusion on that point lmao

E: have not listened to podcasts about the movie yet but will now that I'm free from spoilers

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Yeah that's absolutely peter daou lmao who the gently caress are these guys making this game

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Zizek sounds like a fishman, like he's wearing a portable aquarium like some abe sapien poo poo

The episode was good replace felix with zizek including especially on the fym channel

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

Lee was silly to "follow police" but Felix reacted like a child about it because he has the mind of a child.

This is the kind of radical centrism I support

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Serf posted:

given that lee carter is doing rallies with bernie sanders and felix is melting his brain with fortnite and mousegard i think lee came out on top

Laughing my whole rear end off at the idea of bernie and lee talking about online.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I'm not watching the show is the baby yoda force sensitive is that why they want it dead or whatever

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Wow way to perpetuate the racist stereotype that every yoda is a jedi master, favreau

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

as of last night's ig live (which was surprisingly good!!) matt doesn't know anything more about virgil and please stop asking

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

in the replies to that internet detective thread :shrug:

https://twitter.com/bethbourdon/status/1248140493684383745?s=19

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

wheres virgil

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Virgilghazi ain't going away!

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

multijoe posted:

Really wish I could relate to sight of *too many* people wearing PPE lol

yeah I'm probably not the target audience for that article; I've not run into anyone who thinks all this does anything but suck rear end. and further, where's virgil

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I love Lee but he really is too online for his own sake sometimes.

:69snypa:

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Which is why Amber didn't think it was reasonable to reschedule the workshop in order to have it in a room that was accessible to people who can't climb stairs.

People can say that they think that was a bad call without being accused of "histrionics" or whatever right

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

UP AND ADAM posted:

Ironically I think it's the strident speaking to class politics that truly causes this reaction in some people, more than just being an outspoken woman.

am I wrong or does she also just (to her credit!!) do more than the other hosts, in terms of non-podcast writing and actual organizing?

Nothus posted:

Yes. Has Felix written anything since his Joker review?

e: yeah exactly - I like felix's writing but there's just not as much recently, for whatever reason. I remember matt was active in his DSA chapter pre-nyc but idk about now and I think virgil (rip) was a big booster for sex worker stuff right, and iirc did plenty of the interviews with actual organizers and workers.

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 26, 2020

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Prisoner of Azkaban was pretty good right? I haven't watched those in years but I remember that being a new director after the first two movies were samey.

not just any new director, that was Alfonso "Children of men" Cuarón

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I didn't know dreher had friends in dsa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

red19fire posted:

Turn the forums into a co-op.