Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1254262/meet-generation-snowflake-the-hysterical-modern-kids-who-cant-cope-with-being-offended/

quote:

GENERATION JOB-SHY: Millennials are lazy, self-indulgent and lack the initiative to be successful, warns lifestyle guru Martha Stewart

Millionaire slams feckless, molly-coddled youngsters who live off the bank of mum and dad
by JASPER HAMILL
13th July 2016, 10:54 am

The millionaire lifestyle guru Martha Stewart has issued a stinging criticism of the millennial generation and claimed youngsters are too LAZY to get ahead.

She is the latest person to rail against a mollycoddled generation who have turned universities into “safe spaces” to avoid testing their ideas in the crucible of debate and called on conference attendees to “make jazz hands” because clapping is too traumatic for their sensitive souls.

“I think every business is trying to target millennials,” she said in an interview with Luxury Listings.

“But who are millennials? Now we are finding out that they are living with their parents.

“They don’t have the initiative to go out and find a little apartment and grow a tomato plant on the terrace.

“I understand the plight of younger people. The economic circumstances out there are very grim. But you have to work for it. You have to strive for it. You have to go after it.”

Martha’s career began when she landed a job as a model. She then went on to become a stockbroker before launching a cookbook which turned her into a lifestyle expert and TV personality.

She is now worth about £166million.

“I got married at 19 and I immediately got an apartment and I fixed it up,” Martha added.

“I was very proud of everything I did. I got the furniture at auctions for pennies. Beautiful furniture. My apartments were lovely and homey and comfortable.”

She has been in discussions with restaurateur owner and television star David Chang, who told her to pass on her knowledge to the youth of today.

“David Chang kept saying, ‘Martha, you know so much and the millennials have to know this stuff!” she added.

“They don’t know anything and they have to learn. They want to learn but they have grown up without teachers.

“They know how to make money and how to develop software, but they don’t know how to plant a tree. They don’t know how to grow spinach.”

FACEBOOK-PROMO-TECH
Related Stories
Bi-Generation Millennials more likely to ‘bed both men and women’ as a result of ‘rapid cultural change’
grounds for divorce? You’re more likely to get divorced if you have this many sexual partners
Selfie obsession One in 14 human beings is now on Instagram: Photo app claims to have 500 MILLION users
GET A GRIP Worrying research finds people who text frequently are doing serious damage to their hands
Trigger warning Meet ‘Generation Snowflake’ – the hysterical young women who can’t cope with being offended

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
she stole a bunch of money

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I'm too lazy to read that, op.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I don't really feel like caring about this.

#Milennial

Edit- gently caress you^^^

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

quote:

They know how to make money and how to develop software, but they don’t know how to plant a tree.
no i bet they do know how to do that but in no way do you know how to develop software
way to own yourself martha stewart

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Oh wise madam, teach us how to use our good looks to glom onto rich folk!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
making GBS threads on millennials -- it's a good thing

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im gonna go start selling pies at the airport right now and soon i will be a millionaire

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I don't care what this thug thinks

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lady, we already know

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Horniest Manticore posted:

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
nice look at your facebook suggestions op you should probably stop obsessing over this stuff

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
She's a white collar crime criminal and a convict tho????

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
seems to check out i'm a lazy millennial.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Nathilus posted:

She's a white collar crime criminal and a convict tho????

So basically Hillary Clinton, but someone who people were not afraid to prosecute.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Cartouche posted:

So basically Hillary Clinton, but someone who people were not afraid to prosecute.

they saw the early stages of a Hilary developing and decided to cut if off before it could pupate into its final, terrible form

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

paul_soccer10 posted:

she stole a bunch of money

insider trading isnt really stealing. just an unfair advantage

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
"I cheated the system and got off pretty easy, and still loaded, but you guys need to work for it you lazy sunsabitches."

-a person

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

Rich white fucks call piracy stealing, we can surely call inside trading stealing if we want. gently caress you.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

“They know how to make money and how to develop software, but they don’t know how to plant a tree. They don’t know how to grow spinach.”
Old woman complains that world is different from when she was young. Film at eleven.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
she didnt get busted for insider trading

she got charged with some bullshit that stemmed from her talking to the FBI personally, instead of letting her lawyers handle it

she's a good example of why you don't talk to cops, after you don't fight them

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Martha Stewart is a gangsta rear end bitch and should be the next POTUS

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

FINALLY gbs is moving on from pokemon threads and getting back to discussing trannies and millennials

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
who is the most millenial pokemon

this time I've got an answer: snorlax, obviously :razz:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

who is the most millenial pokemon

this time I've got an answer: snorlax, obviously :razz:

haha

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

if the money you were taking came from nowhere and this isnt one of the scenarios where the stock market can be viewed as a zero sum game then it wouldnt be stealing
this is like playing monopoly with some little kids and when theyre distracted you take some of the money from their pile
its just leveraging knowledge you have over them and all part of the game. its not your fault if they dont know thats how the game is really played

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Oh wise madam, teach us how to use our good looks to glom onto rich folk!

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
well that bitch is wrong, and gross

i have more to say on that but i'll post it later.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Author: JASPER is all I saw

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

She's right I think,

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I want to have teh secks with her. Does my being a millennial hurt my chances?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The jazz hands thing has probably happened like five times in real life.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Kuato posted:

I want to have teh secks with her. Does my being a millennial hurt my chances?
just tell her you need to plant a tree in her garden

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm really glad I'm growing that tomato plant on my terrace.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

a hole-y ghost posted:

She's right I think,

she is totally right

it's kinda the pot calling the kettle black though so gently caress HER

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Race Realists posted:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1254262/meet-generation-snowflake-the-hysterical-modern-kids-who-cant-cope-with-being-offended/

FACEBOOK-PROMO-TECH
Related Stories
Bi-Generation Millennials more likely to ‘bed both men and women’ as a result of ‘rapid cultural change’
grounds for divorce? You’re more likely to get divorced if you have this many sexual partners
Selfie obsession One in 14 human beings is now on Instagram: Photo app claims to have 500 MILLION users
GET A GRIP Worrying research finds people who text frequently are doing serious damage to their hands
Trigger warning Meet ‘Generation Snowflake’ – the hysterical young women who can’t cope with being offended

:suicide:

who the gently caress cares what a felon says?

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
I wish I was her son, if you get what I'm sayin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I have been to jail and back, and no one like someone who thinks they are better than you

• Locked thread