Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Photoshop makes gluing poo poo together pretty easy now.. just drag the mp4's into the program and you get a simple track editor at the bottom. Never done anything fancy with it though.. not sure if it handles transitions and such.

Will never be as slick as after effects but I don't have a full CC subscription so I make do.

For fancy stuff I just use the consumer sony vegas I bought on steam in a sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Oh, you can mess with MP4s in Photoshop now? Thought I'd need AE for that. Maybe I'll play with doing it in a bit.

edit:

What do you guys think of these as possible PvP guns?

(Don't know why Bungie site won't show descriptions for this one)

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 15, 2016

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Antipodal Hindsight is poo poo. Eliums Frenzy will do until you have a better launcher with prox (truth).

Her Memory is actually kinda decent as long as you're not playing skilled opponents. The recoil and aim assist are both wonderful. Probably the best of the sorry class of high impact ARs.

Assuming it has range or stability perks that's one to hang on to.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I love points dispensers!

http://i.imgur.com/Wv2mGHO.gifv

The best part is that his self rez put him in first so I got even more points for murdering him again.

what the gently caress was this guy thinking

self-res in 6s: not even once (but twice, actually)

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

I do things and make things
I ran self-res to troll the heavy when sun breakers and solar grenades were fun and burny, but sometimes I just play to be an rear end in a top hat rather than win

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
I've totally come back around on the vendor Hawksaw with FS/CB/SB. Using the SLO-19 instead of the SPO-28 is a game changer.

I'm of the opinion now that the only good target acquisition sights are the Red Dot OAS and Sureshot IS. A small boost to target acquisition isn't poo poo without great handling. SPO-28, SC Holo and the Reflex sight are loving garbo.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Solar grenades are so horrible now, Bungie really hosed 'em up.

Only time I've done any good with them lately is on black shield if your team holds the (boring as gently caress) interior area.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

xzzy posted:

Solar grenades are so horrible now, Bungie really hosed 'em up.

Only time I've done any good with them lately is on black shield if your team holds the (boring as gently caress) interior area.

It was a beautiful 3 weeks

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It really was. CoE this week got me all nostalgic.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Speaking of poo poo that's been nerfed to hell, everyone check out this rumble footage with the OG Mythoclast from right after the VoG came out.

https://youtu.be/lQeIlojbuz0

Not my footage but I had that thing for ~24 hours prior to them nerfing it to hell and I was a GOD.

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

it was, now I'm doing the extended range double melee shock-lock...until they take that away too.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

I've totally come back around on the vendor Hawksaw with FS/CB/SB. Using the SLO-19 instead of the SPO-28 is a game changer.

I'm of the opinion now that the only good target acquisition sights are the Red Dot OAS and Sureshot IS. A small boost to target acquisition isn't poo poo without great handling. SPO-28, SC Holo and the Reflex sight are loving garbo.

This is why I really like SteadyHand. It rolled on an Aegis of mine and I previously had ignored the sight because it felt weird, but +8 handling is no joke. (Plus I have Quickdraw, so I swap and ADS almost instantly.)

handling > TA

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Speaking of poo poo that's been nerfed to hell, everyone check out this rumble footage with the OG Mythoclast from right after the VoG came out.

Not my footage but I had that thing for ~24 hours prior to them nerfing it to hell and I was a GOD.

Pretty cool that two of the bosses could be killed with grenade spam

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I too would be a god at this game if all my opponents did not shoot guns at me.

Dude takes zero damage before the 2 minute mark. Only once his opponents actually start shooting him do you get a feel for how fast that stupid thing could kill. The only straight up fight he lost was against someone with a Suros, which was also hilariously overpowered at that time. :v:

I'm curious how a rebalanced mythoclast would fare today, with the overall improved weapon balance.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:

I've been telling you for a while now that the holo sights were 🔥🔥🔥

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

AppleCobbler posted:

I've been telling you for a while now that the holo sights were 🔥🔥🔥

Yea but the SLo-12 is bad imho, the big open circle is stupid. And I never liked the SLo-19 until I was advised to think of the aiming goal as to rest the horizontal parts of the inverted open "T" on the dude's shoulders instead of putting the dude's head right in the opening of the "T". Now it clicks and I'm getting 25s instead of 17s.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

It was a beautiful 3 weeks

I miss it so much.

http://i.imgur.com/LxVVnTf.gifv

:(

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
It was fun to have multiple competitive sunsinger builds available for PvP. Before that you always had the same perks but youd maybe pick between the quick revive helm, voidfang, or Claws depending on your play style.

During you could conceivably run different builds, either firebolts or double burn AoE nades.

Now you still pick all the same perks as you did originally except you go dual stickies and run tlaloc once you're supered up. Sunsinger sucks now unless you are a sticky god (as the #1 Xbone trials guy is).

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Yea but the SLo-12 is bad imho, the big open circle is stupid. And I never liked the SLo-19 until I was advised to think of the aiming goal as to rest the horizontal parts of the inverted open "T" on the dude's shoulders instead of putting the dude's head right in the opening of the "T". Now it clicks and I'm getting 25s instead of 17s.

None of those sights click for me at all. I like the Slo-12 stupid circle because I can at least see the target and the slo-19's T never clicks for me much like GB Iron, GA Post, and Spo-26. The TA sights give me a nice circle to put around my targets and a bracketed sight to focus on. Maybe I just have loving terrible eyes and depth perception. :shrug:

And I'm not a snap shot person, I usually move into firing lanes ADS'ing so I don't lose the twitch reaction battle.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
It would be nice if the gunsmith could adjust the appearance/color of a sight's targeting reticle, even if that didn't change the sight's stats.

I find that the blue/green arrowhead of the mida is by far the most visible sight across all maps. The red, yellow and light blue sights can get lost on maps like twifhlight gap, rusted lands, cauldron, etc.

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

It would be nice if the gunsmith could adjust the appearance/color of a sight's targeting reticle, even if that didn't change the sight's stats.

I find that the blue/green arrowhead of the mida is by far the most visible sight across all maps. The red, yellow and light blue sights can get lost on maps like twifhlight gap, rusted lands, cauldron, etc.

I have to wonder what things will be adjusted now that legacy consoles are being left behind like Kirk Cameron

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
So this happened last night.

Wish I saved the clip, the whole match was over in 3 minutes.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Lol who died? The Screenshot Fucker-Upper

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Lol who died? The Screenshot Fucker-Upper

Valhalla :negative:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So after not playing in a couple months and only PC gaming I think I need a xim

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:

Sunsinger sucks now unless you are a sticky god (as the #1 Xbone trials guy is).

That's very nice of you but I'm not ranked #1 right now

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

AppleCobbler posted:

That's very nice of you but I'm not ranked #1 right now

You are in the my.heart rankings

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
This is how bad bungie is at UI and economies

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4t0851/i_made_a_little_machine_to_trade_in_strange_coins/

I would buy one tbqh

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

How does this HC stack up? I think this is honestly my first HC without Last Resort tier perks.

Obviously Grenadier is bad but I feel like it'll scratch my HC itch.

FishBulb posted:

I feel you. The lack of precision is amazing. Not surprising that shotties and bullethoses and melee spam are the most common tactics used by pubbies right now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fennesz posted:

How does this HC stack up? I think this is honestly my first HC without Last Resort tier perks.

Obviously Grenadier is bad but I feel like it'll scratch my HC itch.

I feel you. The lack of precision is amazing. Not surprising that shotties and bullethoses and melee spam are the most common tactics used by pubbies right now.

Ideally for handcanons like that you want a range perk, stability perk and something like LiTC imo.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/SCjXVSa.gifv

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

That tunnel is a fwiggen death zone

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

OMG what's with spergs spending 75% of a video talking about a bunch of dumb poo poo, nothing happens until about the 3 minute mark

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

lmao that gunslinger.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

FishBulb posted:

the downside is that if you ever have to play with a controller again it will feel almost wrong (except for SRL)

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

The Meat Dimension posted:

lmao that gunslinger.

ahaha i missed that the first time

"is there anyone left??? i wanna shoot something"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

ahaha i missed that the first time

"is there anyone left??? i wanna shoot something"

I got beaten to the punch for a breaker on B on Firebase Delphi by a long range nova bomb. I landed a fraction of a second after his nova did.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Ideally for handcanons like that you want a range perk, stability perk and something like LiTC imo.

This is more or less what I figured. I knew Range was big. I'll toy with it until I luck into a god roll (never).

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
If you're not in a high skill bracket where TLW and shotgun warriors abound, a snapshot handcannon is probably pretty sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

I don't know it seemed funny at the time.

E: Universal Remote is literal AIDS.

• Locked thread