Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Found the damage ref

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

schmeo posted:

Someone with an emotional attachment to an inanimate object spotted.
nah i sold mine

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

I'm honestly thinking of getting one with "A Buff Gay Dude" on it now that I'm e-famous.
You'll always be Rasheed to us.

Also, page new thread mother fuckers.

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

I do things and make things
too tempted to give Alteisen a run for his money? I'm glad you didn't succumb.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Drain 001 posted:

You'll always be Rasheed to us.

Also, page new thread mother fuckers.

Is that Tei's hamster pushing the button or what.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

The Slithery D posted:

Between Tei and the Hamster, Tei had The Last Word :haw:

Its the last word in first person view

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I also thought that was some kind of small animal

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
It took me a minute too. I actually don't know the story of Tei's hamster, do I wanna :ohdear:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Does it also involve fish medicine?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Tei posted:

My brother and me are gamers. He is unemployed and play World of Tanks all day, I have a job and support the pretense to be a normal function being.

This summer my sister left in our house the cage of my cousin hamster in the living room without telling us about it. Not having a reason to go to the living room (we all have our own room with big TV's to play videogames all day) the poor hamster died. The summer was specially hot this year, so it not only died, after a few days was a completely desiccated and odorless mummie.

I feel bad for the animal (I really do, plus is my cousin ex-hamster), but had a good laugh about it.

I want to render a analogy of this dead hamster and how Bungie manage loot in this game.

Bungie is me and my brother. And this hamster is the players.
The hamster is addicted to water and food. Players play Iron Banner for the rewards. Is supposed to be a high challenge high reward activity.
The hamster died without any water, under high temperatures and with not food whatsoever. Players find it confusing that after 30 games, they only have seen 2 or 3 items drop for anyone in any of the 30 games.

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

I do things and make things
:birddrugs:

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

The Meat Dimension posted:

It took me a minute too. I actually don't know the story of Tei's hamster, do I wanna :ohdear:

Tei's sister(?) left a hamster in his apartment without telling him or his housemates. After a several days of playing Destiny and sitting in their own filth, they noticed there was an inexplicable dead hamster in their house.

This is also a parable of how Destiny connection programmers interact with the community.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Way to read the thread

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

:pusheen:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

The Slithery D posted:

haveblue posted:

I also thought that was some kind of small animal

The Meat Dimension posted:

The Meat Dimension is correct about what it is. I tried to make it as clear as I could. It's tough with only 25 pixels to work with and not being a pixel artist or anything. At least someone got it without me saying.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
:stonk:

edit - Moist, the post below mine is good advice

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 14, 2016

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

you're the OP but I think this kind of content is why second posts get reserved

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
done

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Man you make a good Crew thread.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
This is the Destiny thread SA should have.

high-fives the poo poo out of everyone, especially moist turtleneck

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Destiny is a cool game

i like the space guns

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
they're pretty good

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

AppleCobbler posted:

Your 2015-2016 posting championship scoreboard is finalized, congrats to the bone krew:

A respectable 11th place

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Doing destiny related activities on the xbone right now.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
when the whole squad ready and waiting to give you mad chest bumps after you roast all the other dudes

http://i.imgur.com/IFLNRhS.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Those aren't chest bumps, they just want your snorbs.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
:krad: gonna chest bump my bros next time I wipe a team

Mikey-San posted:

This is the Destiny thread SA should have.

high-fives the poo poo out of everyone, especially moist turtleneck

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
It was Nice of Bungie to arrange a surprise public beta of their new Sparrow racing mode in France for Bastille Day.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm all about being an rear end in a top hat but can't we just keep it isolated to destiny instead of revealing your borderline sociopathic enjoyment of mass murders?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol

Yeah come on guys

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'm all about being an rear end in a top hat but can't we just keep it isolated to destiny instead of revealing your borderline sociopathic enjoyment of mass murders?

Possibly some projecting going on here.

I remember as a kid hearing the Head and Shoulders joke about Christa Mcauliffe, laughing, and realizing that this was a sign I got sociopathic enjoyment of space shuttles exploding. It was the only possible explanation, really.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
laughing at strangers dying is generally a pretty hosed up thing, yes

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

laughing at strangers dying is generally a pretty hosed up thing, yes

Joking about something doesn't always equal laughing about it. It's also a tool to disarm and lessen horror. It's pretty common in the armed forces, for example.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
im gonna laugh when you die 50s raygun

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But they're dead and don't give a poo poo anymore.

Though I guess you have to deal with the scorn of those still living.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

The Slithery D posted:

Joking about something doesn't always equal laughing about it. It's also a tool to disarm and lessen horror. It's pretty common in the armed forces, for example.

this defense typically works a lot better when you're personally affected by something

moist turtleneck posted:

im gonna laugh when you die 50s raygun

lmao that you'd think you're outliving me

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thread started so well :(

Except my hot coder wife read the op and said "i dont care about this"

So heres 5,000 words on fire rates

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this defense typically works a lot better when you're personally affected by something

Um, you think I'm more likely to joke about my mom dying than some strangers I empathize about? Yep, definitely some hosed up projecting going on here.

I'm sorry yours didn't love you.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you already bought a xbone, which puts you at borderline vegetative states of intelligence as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:

The Slithery D posted:

It was Nice of Bungie to arrange a surprise public beta of their new Sparrow racing mode in France for Bastille Day.

Really makes you wanna ride a warthog

• Locked thread