Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I heard the reason crucible is 4v4 only is because they were worried about matchmaking times on PC.. it'd take forever to find 12 players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Any word on beta start? Really want to destroy some dudes in destiny 2.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Vintersorg posted:

That's cool that games mods don't care about this kinda talk. Let's keep the stereotype that gamers are pieces of poo poo.

So much for the tolerant left!!

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Was totally on board with the PC version, now that it is on battle.net (I hate blizzard and their stupid client) I am not sure how to feel. Slumming Destiny again on PS4, not sure if it's worth it.

unlawfulsoup fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 18, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Frankly, I'd stick to playing PVP on PS4 anyways because I have little experience using KB+M and would likely get cleaned up trying to use a controller. Although I am thinking this would be the best time to switch to a XIM

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

OdinsBeard posted:

Another streamer who's there said three separate bungie employees are claiming 60 fps on PS4

Does that include base PS4 or just Pro?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

OdinsBeard posted:

Another streamer who's there said three separate bungie employees are claiming 60 fps on PS4
https://twitter.com/sssniperwolf/status/865281360868421636
yeah and multiple other sources are saying otherwise

qbert posted:

Does that include base PS4 or just Pro?
if multiplayer is 30 on PS4 it will not be 60 on PS4 Pro.
https://www.polygon.com/2016/9/8/12846740/playstation-pro-won-t-buy-you-much-of-an-online-advantage

quote:

"It’s part of the requirements for PS4 Pro, for multiplayer games in particular, you can not have an advantage. It has to be the same frame rate as on the standard PS4."

Roman fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 18, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mpMUZnasLs

Talks about PvP impressions.

Gunslinger has a shadestep esque thing called dash which reloads your equipped gun, he talks about handcannons as well.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

Frankly, I'd stick to playing PVP on PS4 anyways because I have little experience using KB+M and would likely get cleaned up trying to use a controller. Although I am thinking this would be the best time to switch to a XIM

Using a xim is nothing like kb&m in a PC shooter, especially for Destiny. The game has the slowest max turn rate of any FPS on any console and this naturally levels the playing field between controller and xim users.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Can no one playing at the event right now tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps? Why do they need confirmation from the devs if the public is playing the game?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

texaholic posted:

Any word on beta start? Really want to destroy some dudes in destiny 2.

"Later this summer"

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

trash person posted:

Doesn't Battle.Net have a lot better security/anti cheating stuff than Steam?

Y'all know battle.net/blizzard launcher is just a branding thing right? It has nothing to do with server archetecture.

That said, blizzard launcher is probably the least obtrusive game launcher thing ever (because it's just there to pick one of a rather small libaray). But if Activision starts using it for future titles, that will change.

Looking forward to the ghost card back for hearthstone.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

Using a xim is nothing like kb&m in a PC shooter, especially for Destiny. The game has the slowest max turn rate of any FPS on any console and this naturally levels the playing field between controller and xim users.

You've told me this before, and man, for some reason I hadn't even considered that it wouldn't translate well between console and PC versions of D2. Crud. I still think I'm going to do it, because it has to be at least a step above using a controller. Most of the people that have them seem to be believers.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bungie is not committed to a Sep 8th launch for the PC version according to Destiny Tracker.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

This 100% correct, with a XIM you lose a chunk of your movement and escapability but gain a more accurate controlled shot, at the expense of Aim assist. Its both a disadvantage and an advantage. It's just different. Way different from a PC shooter.

Also to everyone dick measuring No one gives a gently caress about your chosen platform, eat poo poo and die instead of posting about your pc.

Changes seem cool, no dedicated will be lame, no 6s is pretty lame.

To clear up the weapon thing you get 2 primary slots and a heavy slot. 1st slot is Kinetic only, 2nd is energy (elemental) 3rd is power/heavy (shotgun, sniper, fusion, rockets, gatling guns). In the reveal is showed sidearms in either slot, hand canons in either slot, SMGs in either slot etc. From twitter they've just amped up shotguns and snipes to be 1 hit kills etc, no heavy for team any more, just more often and for the person who opens the crate.

Frame rate chat plz gently caress off. Smooth 30 is better than poo poo 60 anyway.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

BlindSite posted:

Frame rate chat plz gently caress off. Smooth 30 is better than poo poo 60 anyway.

Smooth 165 would like to talk to you about that

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6byget/some_new_destiny_2_crucible_mechanics/

Just gonna keep posting things off note.

https://twitter.com/MyNameIsByf/status/865292310254190592

In game grimoire at last. :woop:

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 18, 2017

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I'm 41 so anything above 15fps is wasted on me.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

treiz01 posted:

Smooth 165 would like to talk to you about that

From your posting ITT the thing you should really take from my post is "please gently caress off" above all else.

Armor, Recovery and Agility tied to armor now, not subclass replacing INT, DIS, STR.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh neat.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

No more titan skating.... :negative:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Alteisen posted:

Gunslinger has a shadestep esque thing called dash which reloads your equipped gun, he talks about handcannons as well.

so mccree from overwatch? this partnership with blizzard is progressing nicely.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Golden Gun has 6 shots, wtf?

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Better to under promise and over deliver, if they are still doing optimization passes.

Edit: unless the engine is poo poo and ticks are tied to framerate.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

well if strikers can multi smash roam while in super....

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Character screens

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

It's so you can get fifth column

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

It's so you can get fifth column

lmbo

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Liking the new perks on those weapons they all seem useful

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
so basiclly when the first round of supers is up in a match your life expectancy drops to somewhere in the single second range until the game is over.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

texaholic posted:

cant tell if serious

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

texaholic posted:

Too bad Bungie hasn't done a goddamn thing making the descriptions more useful.

"well-rounded, reliable, and sturdy"?

:fuckoff:

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

At last, a button I will never ever press

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Destiny 2: Press X to Story

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

Too bad Bungie hasn't done a goddamn thing making the descriptions more useful.

"well-rounded, reliable, and sturdy"?

:fuckoff:

Im guessing its just archetype descriptions. Mid range, mid impact tier kind of poo poo. Should make it easier to know if you got a hawksaw archetype or a praydths for example. Not a big deal.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

OdinsBeard posted:

https://twitter.com/sssniperwolf/status/865281360868421636

I hope that ends up being true. I'm skeptical that my 5-year-old gaming PC could run the game at perfect 60FPS, and I'm not interested in upgrading its video card for one game (CPU is probably fine.) Then again, I'm kinda bummed that I'd have to re-up lovely garbage PS+ just to play the game.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I don't really get why it's coming to battle.net instead of Steam. Weird. Guess they're Blizzard Activision so they get more of a cut this way.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Akumos posted:

I don't really get why it's coming to battle.net instead of Steam. Weird. Guess they're Blizzard Activision so they get more of a cut this way.

Company A doesn't want to pay company B. Mystery Solved.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

enojy posted:

I hope that ends up being true. I'm skeptical that my 5-year-old gaming PC could run the game at perfect 60FPS, and I'm not interested in upgrading its video card for one game (CPU is probably fine.) Then again, I'm kinda bummed that I'd have to re-up lovely garbage PS+ just to play the game.

If you have an intel quad core its probably fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PathAsc posted:

I want a fusion in every slot

• Locked thread