Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
gently caress you, warlock jump isn't lovely. :colbert:

Besides that, excellent OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Also everyone make sure you pre-order Rise of Iron to get the black Gjallarhorn which, according to my coder-wife, is bigger and funner to use than the regular Gjallarhorn.

Your wife's opinion doesn't matter unless she is hot though. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Maker Of Shoes posted:

One (maybe two) week shy of 80 HM Crota kills I finally got a loving crux.

Jesus
loving
Christ

I admire your dedication, insane as it is. I'll never understand why Bungie made the crux so much harder to get than even the Mythoclast. At this point the crux should just be a guaranteed drop from HM Oryx - I shouldn't have to grind a raid that Bungie is too lazy to update for Y2 for a garbage bullet hose exotic.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I'm working on the Touch of Malice quest, and the Undying Mind strike claims to be matchmaking, but it automatically puts me into the strike without even attempting to search for other players.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's a specialized version of the strike and this late into the TTK release cycle this is hardly surprising. Grab some goons.

Well it's surprising for me - this is the first time i'm doing this. Also, kind of hard to grab goons when there's only one person online and he seems to be AFK in the Scourge of Winter mission.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Man...sunsinger grenades are loving trash now. :(

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I just got all three exotic swords at the same time, and I was the one that pulled off the clutch super to make it happen. Feels good. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSGpjK99tc0

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jul 21, 2016

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

FishBulb posted:

I wanna play a new raid but am cautious about it being any good

After three Destiny raids, i've come to accept the fact that I don't have the patience to do them blind. I probably won't even attempt it until everyone else has more or less mastered it, assuming I even bother getting RoI. Also I REALLY hope the next raid doesn't "require" specific weapons in order for me to be useful to the group.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Booties posted:

Doing the raids blind is my only joy in life. You guys are way too harsh. It's just a video game. Chill out, the earth isn't going to combust.

There is no excuse for all the platforming sections in King's Fall and the raid would be far FAR better without them. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Meat Dimension posted:

Play DOOM brother.

This is the right answer.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Roman posted:

btw I'm surprised no one mentioned how awful the ROI New Monarchy titan armor looks. i don't know if a good shader could save it

Are there pictures of the new faction armors for all classes? All i've seen is the Iron Banner Warlock set (which looks loving awesome).

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Maintenance is over.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

moist turtleneck posted:

Destinys main player base is dying :(

Maybe there would be more life if the loving GAME WORKED! Three IB matches - two anteater disconnects and zero item drops.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

moist turtleneck posted:

I choose to use fusion rifles and be okay with dying sometimes

You'll never get a hot coder wife with that attitude. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
After spending all this week trying to get a god roll on the IB pulse rifle, I get a rank up package from Variks that has a Send It/Full Auto/Counterbalance pulse rifle in it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

I assume it'll be like the y1/y2 transition.. the amount necessary to hit tier 5 in a stat will increase meaning you'll have to upgrade or discard all your old stuff.

Stuff like that is pretty standard for MMO's.

I wish stuff like armor could come with us. It's annoying when great armor designs are made useless because of obsolete stats. I miss my VoG Warlock armor... :(

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

I think the Y1 break was unique, the perk setup was broken for what they wanted to do with the game so they decided to just cut it off and move on with life.

I don't care about the Y1 perks - just give us back the armor designs.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

At least you actually got the kill.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Roman posted:

so i guess they made the one part of the sword quest for people were really nostalgic for farming y1 mats for hours

That part is the absolute worst (and I say this as someone who only completed the quests because Mayhem was the weekly crucible event) Thank loving God they at least had the sense to give Ghosts the ability to detect nearby materials.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

moist turtleneck posted:

Wait why didn't they res themselves after the timer?

They probably did...only to get immediately killed again cause they couldn't kill anything effectively.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That raid warlock armor looks hideous. Thank God the new warlock IB armor is super badass or I'd be very upset at my fashion options in RoI.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

CheeseFactory posted:

Remove the classic modes for sure. As for rift and salvage etc, have them be rotating. Like zone control or the terrible inferno and mayhem modes.

They really need to consolidate.

I will find and hurt you if you dare call Mayhem mode terrible again. :argh:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Did I read right that one of the new artifacts will give swords the ability to reflect bullets? Please tell me that would work in crucible, cause that would be amazing.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ohrwurm posted:

:lol: CoE is absolute dogshit this week

Is it even possible to get 30,000 points in one run when your bonus point condition is blocked by trickle?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

fennesz posted:

Is there a way to boost the contrast or opacity of the radar? It gets hard to see on some maps.

I've been wanting that feature since the alpha.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Emron posted:

Just played an entire round of clash 4v5, that was fun

The game has a serious issue with getting two full teams before a match starts. Half of my IB matches are 4v5...and I'm always in the team with 4.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So yesterday I finally got my Warlock up to 335, got the Black Spindle with a clutch stormtroopers, and got a 335 Tread Upon Stars with crowd control and explosive rounds. I'm ready to become an Iron Lord.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

I never got a black spindle because sniper rifles are dumb and I suck at using them anyway.

Snipers quickly became obsolete for me even in Year 1 when Ice Breaker was king. Sniping the confluxes in Vault of Glass with Vision of Confluence was infinitely easier.

FishBulb posted:

That's just embarrassing

Don't shame people because they're bad with inferior weapons.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Goddamn it, all this poo poo is gonna be patched out before I have a chance to play it. Stupid slow download speed...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Just to make sure I'm not wasting my time grinding, all legendary and exotic engrams can become year 3 stuff once RoI launches right?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's actually quite frightening the first time you hear it. The Unsung Hero one will probably get annoying.

There's an unsung hero one? gently caress, I'm in the top 1% for assists. Is it at least a cool quote?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ularg posted:

I love how reddit is all "Titans are the most hated class :*("

Titans are just butthurt cause their No Backup Remote combo has been ruined.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

The VoG raid set is the only raid set that doesn't look like poo poo. Ever since it's been bones and scrapyard finds.

From the looks of it the RoI raid won't be much better. It's all gonna be some dumb tron poo poo.

New IB gear looks great though, especially the Warlock set. I agree that the raid stuff is pretty meh with exception to VoG.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

im still waiting on the Seinfeld Armor Set that comes with blue jeans and white tennis shoes

But would it have the puffy pirate shirt?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

FishBulb posted:

I hope so. After running KF a couple times this week it's just so time consuming, I mean I'm sure a lot of that has to do with how we hadn't done it awhile but still. I also hate the no revive mechanics too. What a load of unfun cat poo poo

KF would be so much better without all the useless platforming that's there to pad out the runtime.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tei posted:

If you are so useless that can't even pass the jumping parts, nobody is going to carry you.

I can do the tomb ship platforming just fine. It's the stupid section with the narrow ledges and pistons that annoys the gently caress out of me.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

haveblue posted:

Also the solution to platform segments is to not run a hunter

hunters with quad jump and aerial sword slashes is basically Raccoon Mario from SMB3.

Hulk Krogan posted:

A bad opinion. The dick wall is hilarious.

Not when it happens to me it isn't.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

FishBulb posted:

Like all things it is Warlock that sucks.

The absolute worst opinion.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Emron posted:

I just realized that I've never preordered a DLC before. I bought it through the PSN store. Do I need to do anything special or will it just unlock on the 20th?

It'll just unlock by itself. The most you'll have to do is probably download a small unlock patch.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

FishBulb posted:

What about an aegis of the reef with perfect balance and full auto

Mine has counterbalance and full auto and it's become my favorite gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Well my Warlock is basically on standby until RoI launch. Cryptarch, Vanguard, Crucible, and FWC are all edged out.

cpaf posted:

Ok so I bought this and it's taking forever to download and install, but is there any sort of list or progression I should follow to catch up as a brand new player? Should I just drop the insta level 40 thingy on my first guy?

What's your PSN? I can help you do some power leveling if you want.

• Locked thread