Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
New Thread Question Mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

So this happened last night.

Wish I saved the clip, the whole match was over in 3 minutes.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Lol who died? The Screenshot Fucker-Upper

Valhalla :negative:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

The connections in these matches have been so good. We match so quickly.

Also lol

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/19623688

Thats the saddest loving part man. The game is so loving obvious about how much it loving hates you for being anything better than average at it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

On a 20 kill streak in rift then got dumped to Orbit with Anteater.

gently caress you bungie

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

41 kill game of Clash from yesterday: https://youtu.be/Qyap2PUmXZM

We still almost lost.

If i solo drop and get anything less than a 3.5 kd then it's pretty much a loss for my team. That's the spread.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Got that from a cruicble rank up a few weeks ago, only just leveled it and tried it out. Not too bad. I like it more than my Eyaslunas and it's more stable than a hawkmoon. Not a world beater but I used it in a sweaty lobby on control on Memento and it did work at mid range, the damage fall off is gently caress all. The aim assist felt pretty high too, I wasn't on point early with it and still cracked a lot of headshots. Really good for those bodyshot/primary clean up snipes.

sureshot is / Rescue Mag / Rifled Barrell and LiTC

The pick 3 are Hand Loaded, Reinforced Barrel and Rifled Barrell. I find these handcanons OK to use but I find I miss my TLW in tight, its only saving grace is if you come across two or three enemies on a flank it's easier to get all three down than it is trying to manage a reload or looking to half mag someone and punch with tlw.

Thats pretty much the god roll. Range finder would of been the only improvement

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/DxMhZvH.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/kAEg9Wf.gifv

pubstomping owns, everyone make a new account and stomp bungies babby pubbies

Good.

Destroy these loving plebs. Hopefully it makes bungie wise up.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Obsurveyor posted:

I played a little Crucible tonight and ran into this one guy who just wouldn't put down his shotgun. He got me once but after that, he'd just run straight at me and try to get close to hit me with it and I'd just murder him with my Hawksaw. I don't normally teabag but I did that guy every time because gently caress shotguns. I also Golden Gunned down nearly a whole team running in a straight line around a corner for the Rift. :D

This sounds like half the player base tbqh.

The other half are hard scoping corners.

Both play styles are loving lame.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Destiny Pubstomper's guide to actually stomping pubs, only on Xbone.

1. Ensure your console is set to be your main account's home console. See here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox . You do NOT need to pay for more Xbox live gold because you're playing on your home console. Good poo poo.

2. On your console, create a new xbox/Microsoft account. You can't pick a name yet so see step 3.

3. Go to your laptop/mobile go to xbox.com and login on your new account to rename it something funny like "Destiny SBMM Bad" "Cmpln 2 Reddit" or "Pub Farmer69." You get a free rename for each new account. Go hog wild because you're not using this account forever.

4. Log out and in of your new account on the bone to update the name.

Special Note: You can stay logged into your main account for party chat and poo poo while also having the second account active for game playing. Very handy for doing this poo poo as a six man. It's a bit confusing to do, and make sure you aren't active in dashboard on your main when accepting invites for your secondary.

5. Open Destiny on the new account and create a new character. Do a hunter. This gets you the sniper rifle and the best super for owning noobs.

6. Play the first mission. Just run right through and don't worry about killing anything. Bum rush the captain at the end and mop up. Fly to tower.

7. At the tower, pick up and pop your free spark of light to level up, trigger quests and get some blue guns. Talk to all the quest markers and dont forget to equip the gear to advance quests. This will give you more XP. Grab bounties.

NOTE: not many people who you'll match against run high armor, and in fact if you're playing others with unleveled subclasses, they can't. If you're fortunate enough as my buddy was to get a sick 95 impact hand cannon, you'll be 2-tapping everything lmao. Also hopefully you get a machine gun drop early.

8. Drop into a crucible match. You'll probably have super right away from leveling up. It owns lmao. poo poo on kids. Be amazed at how bad they are and how good you actually are at the game. Very validating if you're kinda hosed by SBMM from playing with friends who are better than you and you're always getting dumped against sweaty streamers or something.

9. Repeat until it starts getting sweaty and laggy. Then delete the account and go back to step 1.

I highly recommend doing this with a party of six and coordinating the new accounts and playing together. The best mode if you have all 6 is rift, you can totally control spawns and lock down the map, and you can let them dunk on you to avoid the mercy rule.

Enjoy lag free matches and getting a feel for how good you actually are, and hopefully enough people do this that Bungie stops using so much SBMM.

I approve of this and will post it on the bungie forums if that's cool with you.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Remove the ref to my forum name and my buddy's hand cannon and anything else that might be identifying and sure.

Good poo poo

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Alteisen posted:

good poo poo, you keep defying my expectations of how loving pathetic you are
I heard a rumor he bought 5 copies of Destiny :ninja:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

marauderthirty posted:

You know, I noticed just the other day when I got my Bone that all accounts on the console could play under the main accounts gold subscription, and thought to myself, "What's stopping someone from making burner accounts to play at the bottom of SBMM?"

The answer is nothing, lmao

Yeah it works the same on PSN and i encourage everyone to do it. gently caress bungie and gently caress those plebs they are so desperate to protect.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Lmao we are getting fully kitted out dudes with flawless emblems and proper builds and partyCrashers and poo poo and we are pushing their poo poo in with green handcannons and snipers lmao.

There are so many people who have been gifted great connections and protection from good players. I'm legit mad.

Thats the part that pisses me off. We get a worse product being we are better at using the product.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

look I'm all about the modern pvp experience being poo poo but pissing in a bunch of strangers Cheerios or acting like bungie is 'protecting' them from you is loving mind numbingly dumb

of course they're 'protecting' them from you, you're much loving better than they are. what do you expect bungie to do? put 44 percent win rate players against orchestrated six stacks? the lag is garbage but what the gently caress it's not like playing against these kindergarten scrubs is somehow better?

90% of people who play are trash. So they will still find trash players to play against 90% of the time. As for the 10% of the time they get crushed? Stiff poo poo

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I'm hard

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Gameplay from this weeks trials map: https://youtu.be/Qyap2PUmXZM

Also, i really don't like this map and it's even worse in trials. The lower spawn (what we had in the clip) is at a huge disadvantage.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

haveblue posted:

I don't think pubstomping via account fuckery is going to convince Bungie to let it happen naturally without account fuckery.

The only reason its possible is because bungie puts all the scrubs into the kiddie pool and making smurf accounts just gives you access to the pool.

If the matches were pure CBMM then this wouldn't be possible.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

el B posted:

Wrong link

Thanks for that.

This is the right link for the Trials gameplay for those interested https://youtu.be/307g-TrHCmI

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 18, 2016

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

I love it when i hear the raid auto rifle and a hard light or something when i spawn in.

Then i realise theyre my team mates and im gonna have to pull a 30+ game to have a chance.

Getting hit with hard light really fucks with my aim. I hate going against it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Monocled Falcon posted:

I solo'd Crota!

Can't say I solo'd the whole raid, though. Some random pubbie whose friend request I accepted out of pity, with no mic and probably from a different country, kept dropping in, then leaving because he didn't have an item manager, coming back in just when I finally started to hope he'd given up.

Now to go back for glowhoo!

Change your fireteam settings dude

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

So this happened in a Trials match earlier: https://youtu.be/0LEieGtW5W4

How the gently caress this is even possible is beyond me. :stare:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

The game does have a glitch/feature where if you join a fireteam on an in-progress game, but it's the opposite team that has an open slot, you will join the wrong team.

Maybe that's sort of what happened here. Like the other team dropped or quit and Destiny did its best to make a game even though it should have just given you a win and dumped you to orbit.

Yeah it was weird. It gave us 2 the win and the other guy got neither a win or loss on his score card.

Destiny Tracker counted it as a loss though.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I had 3 AUSGOONS at my wedding.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

Holy moly Cozmo on damage control

What happened?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

15 or so games of iron lag. 1 waeloarns dropped. Bad rolls. The search continues.

The connections seem better than previous iron banners. Still worse than regular pvp. The sweat is real though. Even match is against people i know by name. Lame.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

OdinsBeard posted:

Cheese what's the roll you've been using?

Viewtac, Life Support, Hand Laid Stock and Hidden Hand.

Honestly, I don't think I cna get any better than this for the way I play. Maybe if i could get the exact same perks with Perfect Balance instead?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Well I made it to Legionnaire (Top 200) in 5 of the play lists. There is no way I will be able to maintain this so I might as well post a screenshot and enjoy a moment of smugness.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Almost 1600. Damnn

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Grats on being king of poo poo mountain.

When i got to the top of the mountain they sent me back down to buy another 3 copies.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Thanks Bungie. I'm enjoying playing against the same dozen or so people in every game. Serves me right for not being poo poo at your game.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

Don't know how you change that, they need a higher skill ceiling though.

Make primary weapons not poo poo again.

Haven't had to many great games except for this one where i pulled a 23kd on Pantheon:

https://youtu.be/19hMHBCG7mQ

Good map if you have a fire team. Not so much for solo dropping.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

schmeo posted:

Please say this means you're going away.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Dwindling player base is not an argument for more sbmm. Its a bigger reason just to put everyone in the same pool and doing it by connections.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So I suck complete poo poo with hammers.
Everytime I pop them I either get no kills because everyone decided to gently caress off, I end up flinging them at someone and expecting it to do some kind of aoe damage for a kill(it doesn't), or I just get killed immediately.
Anyone got tips on how to suck less poo poo with it?

Yeah you have to hit them with the hammer. Learn the curves and flight path. It's hard but if you learn it it's an amazing super.

The perk that makes the hammer home in helps a little bit. And they do have a small AOE.

I can link some videos of me using hammers to great effect if you like.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Nice shots man. Is that the glass prom?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Looks like it yeah. I'm quite fond of the HH roll. It's not going to kill a roaming super aside from GG but its a solid workhorse with injection mold and perf bonus.

I never have gotten a HH one. I'm 100% sure ive gotten every other possible combination of Trials weapons.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Rappo I am playing with a sniper please be proud

I hate snipers just as much as shotguns and i wish they weren't in the game. I only use them because you pretty much have to use one or the other :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

J.A.B.C. posted:

Got a weylorans with Hidden Hand, Braced Frame and Grenadier. I think I'm good for a while

Lucky fucker. What scopes you get on it? I wasn't ever sure braced frame was an option.

• Locked thread