Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I'll buy this expac, I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Which brings me to a good point.

Is the A point always the shittiest point to hold? Because it definitely seems that way on most of the maps.

A is better on Firebase Delphi (inside spawn, closer to heavy) and probably Twilight Gap (better sniping positions, especially towards the outside heavy ledge). Maybe someone could make a case for some other maps but I think that's about it.

Countdown to some mlg pro telling me I'm wrong...

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

On that note I have no idea wtf bungie is trying to do with the pulse rifle types. At least with the Malok class, which is to the Hawksaw what the Hawksaw is to the Nirwens, it's tough to cross map people without an insane roll (and even then tough because the fire rate is so drat high). The hawksaw is at least a bit more forgiving in terms of gun feel.

Thats not the case with the Hawksaw vs. Nirwens. There's really no reason to use a Nirwens over a Hawksaw in PvP.

Let's not even talk about the Spare change/Lyudmila class right now.

They got scared of the old hopscotch/messenger's power

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

xzzy posted:

And I kinda feel bad for the guy because GG is one of the easiest supers to gently caress up, but who cares, I won.

http://i.imgur.com/w1hnF66.gifv

he did manage to get a guy next to you with his dying shot, so it wasn't a complete loss I guess.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Destiny thread I know I haven't been around but please tell me if this Aegis of the Reefer is any good:

Ranged Lens RLS3/Quick Draw IS
Hammer Forged/Injection Mold
Headseeker High-Caliber Rounds
Rangefinder/Feeding Frenzy

My guess is decent but not near as good as the vendor hawksaw

e; got the perk wrong, now I think it's actually kind of not great

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Aug 24, 2016

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

why does it have a visible penis :gonk:

if you have to ask you're not in the bone krew

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

deathsinger in crota was also good except for the clean up at the end. The adds should've just died when you kill the boss like they do in literally like every other fight in the game.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

ElNarez posted:

can't wait for next year when another game of thrones actor gets replaced by Nolan North

can't wait to see who voices ghost in year 3

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

short gays, life support, injection mold, hidden hand her fury?

I think that's pretty good???

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

The Meat Dimension posted:

"Fixed some reward logic associated with vanity items from Shaxx Weekly package"

Please no more 19 strange coins lmao

pretty sure it means the ships/shader that could only drop from the weekly package (not the red/blue coloured ones, the seahawk blue/green ones). They were either super rare or maybe bugged I think.

dunno why they couldn't just say 'fixed our poo poo' but :bungie:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Cerepol posted:

Whats this new currency y'all are talking about?

the silver dust or w/e it's called.

When you get the new treasure boxes that are replacing stirling you can break down the items into silver dust and use that to buy eververse poo poo if I remember right.

Seems like a way to get that poo poo free but probably it'll take a lot to get an emote or whatever.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

they added a callout for the 3 assists in one life medal

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

FishBulb posted:

Like a medal or a shaxx saying?

it already was a medal but now Shaxx says something

guess you weren't a team player

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

deadwing posted:

Shaxx has a lot of new call outs, he called out earlier how amazing it was that I killed the spark runner right before he dunked

Jokes on him, it counted the dunk

yeah same

FishBulb posted:

No I was gunna poo poo talk YOU for not knowing it was a medal already, shaxx does seem to have some new lines though so that's cool.

I literally said it was a medal!!!!

your eyes are going on you old man

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I had a few incomplete bounties sittting around for whatever reason and they're gone too

I'm guessing IB is getting an overhaul

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

holy poo poo the solid gold truth

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

doctor 7 posted:

Also I got Gold in a public event, first since update, and didn't get a Legendary Engram. Did I misread the update notes?

that hasn't been activated yet. I dunno if it's a bug or if it's waiting for RoI proper though.

same with the rift overshield on spawn. I played some yesterday and didn't notice it (even got spawn camped a bit too). Anyone know if the salvage changes are live?

Roman posted:

Since like half the people playing say they can't see the grain, I assume Bungie turned the filter on by accident and no one there noticed. (There are going to be image filters you can buy from Eververse)

my eyes must be going too because sometimes I think I can see it, like if I quickly look away and look back but usually nothing and I'm wondering how people are finding it unplayable or getting headaches. So I want to know if I'm just blind or if I'm having an actual different experience.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

ElNarez posted:

hey goons I have a special weapon exotic engram should I try for Trespasser or should I just wait

I vote wait. Like, think of it this way- you open it now, maybe you get trespasser. A one out of however many exotic specials there are.

Or you wait until RoI and there's a bunch of new exotics, then you open and the odds of getting something new increases. Unless you really really want trespasser specifically and/or really want it a week and a half early.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I got the fatal vision ship.

Neat

, I guess, if you care about that kind of stuff

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

wouldn't you like to know

but it was in a vanguard rank up package

EXCEPT OH WAIT you're edging them aren't you :v:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is my first weekend with the game. I've got 59 Strange Coins and I'm told I need to find "Xur" to spend them all. He's a hidden guy in the Tower on weekends, and he's got a rare item or two or three that I buy with my coins?

yes, he has an exotic piece of armour for each class and an exotic weapon.

Some things to consider:

If you don't like the item you don't have to buy it, he refreshes every week.
the items are 280 light. That's probably a big boost to you if you're new but later on when you're above 300 or so you're probably better off buying three of coins.

3oC are another item Xur sells (7 strange coins for 5 3oC). You activate one, then complete a crucible or kill an ultra pve boss (yellow bar with a skull, usually named, like a strike boss). You'll have a chance at receiving an exotic. Now pop another. If you didn't get an exotic you'll have slightly higher chance the next time. Repeat until out of coins.

3oC I think get more exotics in general than buying them from Xur, on average, but if you want something specific and Xur has it then go for it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

lol Shaxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLbjhA3043U

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Gotta admit brfore the patch i thought eh yeah another patrol event I'll be bored of in 5 mins and now there isnt any im kind of disappointed.

Ttk was a pretty big change accross the board this feels a little light. Hope the expansion is good.

yeah kind of shame there isn't a blades/wolf pack style hype thing.

what did ttk even have in the pre-expansion patch period?

I think yeah there was some patrol updates- the race things, the taken kill mission (that no one could do because too low level), the mystery mission? and the wolves on mars spawn I think.

And yeah Bungie probably doesn't want to rock the boat too much for year 3. Like light/infusion/loot is in a good place, probably the best ever so not much change needed there.

I do hope for Destiny 2 they actually learned what works/doesn't and don't forget everything.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

cpaf posted:

How well will I go with this game starting 2 years after release with Australian internet and not having played an FPS with a controller since Perfect Dark

it's got heaps of aim assist and you can do pve until you figure out how to move and look at the same time without spinning and staring at the sky

there's also lots(?) of australia goons who will play with you I assume I dunno I'm not one of them but they seem alright

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

this game is going into its third year and there are still morons who don't know not to cap A on Shores

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Team capping a relic is dumb as hell anyway.

pretty sure you get more points.

Like it's 100 points for each person in the circle when deploying

solo capping is the dumb because the enemy sabotaging it will get more points than you did for deploying. Sabotage is now 200 points no matter what (plus whatever from killing you to get to it) so you need to at least duo cap to break 'even'.

Just don't be like the guys in the gif and not react and stay bunched up

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

FishBulb posted:

They changed scoring on Salvage pretty significantly in the patch.

deploys are the same but they increased the amount for capturing and decreased for sabotaging (and also made it easier to cap)

100-300 for deploy (per person in circle)
200 for sabotage
200-600 for capture (per person in game)

so yeah having everyone sit around like potatoes on the point is stupid and asking to get blasted, but spreading out at first and then hopping in at the last second to score a few extra hundred points is not?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

yeah if they've got super or heavy then no don't cap

or if they're clowning you or possibly if it's just even

or if the point is in a bad place (like the middle platform in sector 69)

but with the lowered time limit it means one less push and the higher score for capping means they have to respond so they'll start rushing in without thinking and as long as you don't go down 3-0 or something you'll likely at least go even in points.

probably,

maybe.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

xzzy posted:

The khovstov thing was always "haha look at this piece of poo poo I kept from the first mission." It's like the box of raisins, completely useless and always will be but people treasure it because it proves they're old school or some stupid poo poo.

I guess Bungie saw a thread on reddit chatting about it and decided they absolutely must turn it into a thing.

yeah I mean maybe it was ok-ish when high impact auto rifles were good but its value was always clowning on fools and laughing at how poo poo it was and they were for dying to it

or for taking into raids and seeing how long it took until someone noticed you did 0 damage

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

OdinsBeard posted:

Looks like that over shield on spawn they added to rift needs to be buffed.

yeah it seriously lasts for like barely a second. I don't even know how much it reduces damage by but its useless

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I already deleted 180 hours from my account but I really want the smoking starter ship. :qq:

same but also the girl robot dance

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

ok there's a big red mountain visible in the distance in the cosmodrome. Has that always been there or am I crazy? Felwinter's peak?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

when people got mad at bloom in halo reach it made me laugh because it's been in every halo game (and you know, a lot of/most other shooters) although I'm not quite sure how it interacts with recoil and stability in Destiny.

it's just that that was when they added an actual visual indicator and suddenly people were all pissy.

like it's just a mechanic that makes you pace your shots. Burst fire instead of spray. Although hand cannon right now in Destiny are hosed, especially how it interacts with the range stat.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

which faction fusion rifle were people recommending? the FWC one or the DO one?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

xzzy posted:

You should really run to the store and buy a sense of humor because goddamn you suck all the fun out of every conversation.

I don't know whose posts you think you're reading but they're not Tei's

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

oh poo poo gangnam style is in

also spoilers for the new social space so just go to the timestamp if you don't wanna see that poo poo and to avoid hearing the annoying dude

winded and toe tap are top tier also. Finger wag from the radiant packages is very disrespectful.

helmetless Saladin

lady cryptarch who sells iron lord artifacts

wolves

ring bells to open a door???

get the exotic ornaments from radiant packages- 1 per week from doing a strike is what he said I dunno if you don't get a free one anymore or from pvp. Or if you have silver dust from dismantling radiant package stuff Xur will have a selection of ornaments

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 14, 2016

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

The Vinja Ninja posted:

They clearly are dogs. Even the background robot chatter said "Bad Dog"

I skipped around and wasn't really listening I got hot posts to make, you think I got time to listen to some dumb robot?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Cool thanks for the tip! I need to find out what the kinetic damage on my gun means!

I'd like to but I'm a PS4 scumbag :saddowns:

means that it doesn't do elemental damage- void, solar, arc

elemental damage just means do simon says and match your weapon's colour against enemy shield colours- red vs red, blue vs blue, purple vs. purple

otherwise it means nothing.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Roman posted:

i got 2 buffs just by doing SABER in the director, there was 1 dude with 2 buffs trying to farm them so i joined in, made orbs and picked them up etc. i should have stayed and tried to get the other 2 (i dont think anyone got all 5 yet)

do the effects stack?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I really like sidearms but yeah they're pretty hard to play and easy to just get shotgun rushed anyway and in the same situation if you'd had a shotgun you probably could have traded. I guess git gud at positioning and radar awareness.

Is Trespasser hitscan or projectile? Because the projectile ones (dreg's, choice, vestian) become completely unusable with any lag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

whats your psn? I have em

• Locked thread