Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level
I don't usually have a big problem with LFG. You just need to be very, very scrutinizing. That being said, I joined a group last night that was 90% fine except for this 11 year old that was annoying as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Yeah the shotgun spectrum only works in extremes.
You either have that dude who's like a loving ninja, blinking all over the place and constantly up your rear end, or you get the dude who loses all reasoning and tries to close distance on you from halfway across the map while only sprinting, cause they never jump at you.

Eerily similar to the other spectrum most shotgun users are on.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

I wrote the book on it!!!

More of an instructional pamphlet, I think.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

sinking belle posted:

I hope one of the Rise of Iron maps is a remake of Cold Storage, can they do that :kiddo:

Cold Storage sucked and so did Chill Out before it.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

Drain 001 posted:

Yeah if only they had worked on a franchise that had 15 years of maps that they could draw inspiration from.

I'd play the poo poo out of a Blood Gulch remake.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

xzzy posted:

Technically yes, but it's unlikely anyone would care. Unless it turned into a PS4 exclusive map which would be loving hilarious.

Can't really copyright the placement of boxes anyways. Just name the new map Bloody Gorge and make the bases squares instead of octagons and what is Microsoft going to do?

Worse comes to worse, call it an 'homage' and carry on.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

985, and that's with a seven month hiatus.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level
http://i.imgur.com/zMmk6p5.gifv

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

CheeseFactory posted:

If i solo drop and i dont get at least 30 kills at 3.5kd or better, my team loses.

Every time. And sometimes we still lose anyway.

I have some 40+ kill games recorded where we lose :negative:

I feel that on a spiritual level.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

The Meat Dimension posted:

lmao when you sneak up to the top of the scoreboard.

You mean take my rightful place.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

Booties posted:

Huh, I guess I did get that snipe?

http://imgur.com/M3pGxrt

http://imgur.com/W9GMHOO

Double shutdown

http://imgur.com/7qdLrlS

e; why are my gifs not embedding?

You have to actually append .gifv to the end of the url.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

limaCAT posted:

Seriously though I hope Bungie redesigns button assignments in this game. I shifted to puppetteer then I swapped triangle with circle on the ps4 OS just to have weapon swap on circle. The problem is that now I have to remember that "triangle" is go back and "circle" is weapon upgrade as well.

w e i r d.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

fennesz posted:

Sounds like you need another teammate who isn't a salty babby. If playing CS has taught me anything it's that chemistry and positivity is absolutely crucial to do well in a game so centered around map control and comms.

I dunno, I'm a salty babby all the time and I still tend toward doing well.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Actually the reason you see so many bone krew going in there is because DXL is where they sell our condom size and next door's where we go to put them to work

It's actually really nice of you guys to provide condoms for all the dudes who'll be loving you.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

SBMM brought us together. Put out K/Ds together and we become 1.

poo poo, she must have a k/d of like 50 to even you out.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

MarshyMcFly posted:

Is there something new with Oryx not being able to get one shot at 16 orbs? We got 16 orbs twice now and he only got down to half health. Wtf?????

Are you detonating them all properly? Keeping dps up on his chesticles while the bombs are being detonated?

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

bushwookie19 posted:

You haven't lived until you've used it in trials.

https://imgur.com/rh4uyhf

Did you hipfire just to mock the poor guy or is that your preferred method of shooting?

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level
All I'm seeing is you firing a shot into the ground while you take your sniper rifle out.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

Sue posted:

Well, wolves are cool.

They were until the guy said it.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

Bungie where my vidocs at?

Xbox live marketplace, search 'Halo 3'

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

The Vinja Ninja posted:

A friend got a ADEPT pulse rifle with "Kills against minions of darkness gain more super energy" Instead of Last Resort when we got our lighthouse run so :shrug:

No he didn't.

That's not even a real weapon perk.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

FishBulb posted:

Yes

Bad Juju has String of Curses which also increases your super but it doesn't say anything about minions and it has a lot of text about reloading.

It also isn't black and gold and doesn't have the word (ADEPT) on it, which you would think might be a red flag in identifying whether or not a gun is Adept.

qbert posted:

I'm guessing what happened was his friend got a Trials helm from the lighthouse with IS and he mistook it as his friend reading his gun perk.

This is also possible.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level
I hope it's 50 minutes of Luke Smith staring directly into the camera followed by him whispering "Give us your money" Before a fade to black.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

When doesn't he?

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

thank mr xurtal

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Reputable source says the Black Gjallahorn will have Puppy Pack rounds instead of Wolf Pack,

It will make pitiful yipping sounds after the first explosion

Can you be trusted? You thought a pulse rifle could have inverse shadow.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

FishBulb posted:

Where's that incredibly curated list of what xur has sold every week since launch?! I need to see it!

http://www.destinyxur.com/

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

xzzy posted:

And if I remember right Halo 3 was a major engine rewrite. Destiny is a fork of Halo 2, and is also a major rewrite of that code base. But Destiny obviously went in a different direction.

Source? Not that I don't believe you, but I'm interested in knowing more about this.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

CheeseFactory posted:

I always found it funny that TF1 was online only and launched with q game mides and 10 guns :allears:

It had q entire game modes? poo poo, that's a lot dude.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

fennesz posted:

Do you mind elaborating? From my perspective (40 hunter for like 2 months, 25 warlock for like 2 seconds) Titan seems like it's far and away the best class. It has absolutely the best grenade in the game, the best mobility and the best armor. It also has access to a superb roaming super and solid supers all around.

T-rex arms, skip nades are broke, no bolt grenades, no blink, pre-ttk defender and striker were poo poo compared to the alternatives, shoulder charge doesn't work against somebody who's paying attention, t-rex arms a second time.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

fennesz posted:

I don't think you know what the word elaborate means. I guess you're just used to insulting people so they stop talking :( Sorry.

If you aren't using a shotgun, what are you using? A sniper rifle? Dome him or bodyshot melee. Trade at the worst. Fusion? Unless you're getting blindsided through a corner it's almost better than a shotgun. Sidearm? You asked for it. Primaries might be in a tighter spot depending on how far away he is when you notice him, but that's what quickdraw is for.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

fennesz posted:

By your logic shotties should be 110% worthless because no one should ever get close enough to use it. Your response is acting like I'm saying Shoulder Charge is unstoppable. It's not. It's just extremely easy to use. Think about point B on Black Shield. If you're capping solo because your teammates are lit and a Titan comes charging over the wall: what are you supposed to do? If you PlanC fusion you'll probably get 2 bolts into him before you die and the rest disappear. If you shotty you maybe trade. If you're sniping you'll never get time for the melee after you body him. It's good. It's ok to admit that it's good. I'm not saying it's broken or that Titans are as a whole. But altogether Titans seem to be in an impeccable place right now.

Any shotgun currently being used has a higher range than shoulder charge, is instant, can be freely aimed and used from any position, and has much better followup potential.

I'm not saying Shoulder Charge is bad. But it's not like you're automatically hosed if you see a Titan right in front of you.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

FishBulb posted:

I don't really have that problem at all. Try the colorblind settings I guess?

As far as I can tell, none of the colorblind settings change the color of the radar. In fact, as far as I can tell the only things they do change are the color of the item rarities, ally/enemy indicators and ultra bar color.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level
Currently at 82k. Can't wait to get kicked to the back of the line.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I was about there when I got kicked to 175k

Just got kicked.

193k.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Hrm don't sound like Bone Krew material tbqh

Not gay enough?

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

We don't discriminate like that but you could say regardless of orientation we're all size queens

I respect it.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level
Get hosed, Jackson.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

actionjackson posted:

Trials guns: three hc, two fusions, one auto jfc fml

Did get seven wins on all three dudes this weekend though. Most annoying loving teams would be either the one titan that red barred and said "immune" if you shot him, or the team with one NLB, and two blades with double skips

Did you have fun against me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

actionjackson posted:

I don't know your psn, but probably. I was just playing with randos so 7 wins was a good result

drat, that's pretty impressive actually. I'm Thanh60195. I was with WakeDGN.

• Locked thread