Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

I'm pretty sure Bungle isn't going to do Xbone streams anymore. They'd rather do a PS3 stream than have to run into a A Buff Gay Dude again.

With that said, A Buff Gay Dude haunting Bungie is hilarious.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Yea but the SLo-12 is bad imho, the big open circle is stupid. And I never liked the SLo-19 until I was advised to think of the aiming goal as to rest the horizontal parts of the inverted open "T" on the dude's shoulders instead of putting the dude's head right in the opening of the "T". Now it clicks and I'm getting 25s instead of 17s.

None of those sights click for me at all. I like the Slo-12 stupid circle because I can at least see the target and the slo-19's T never clicks for me much like GB Iron, GA Post, and Spo-26. The TA sights give me a nice circle to put around my targets and a bracketed sight to focus on. Maybe I just have loving terrible eyes and depth perception. :shrug:

And I'm not a snap shot person, I usually move into firing lanes ADS'ing so I don't lose the twitch reaction battle.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

actionjackson posted:

Should I do court to get a shell that detects spinmetal? Speaker isn't selling any.

Dread Explorer Shell

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Yes!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Distrubing that you knew exactly where to find this.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

TaurusOxford posted:

Well it's surprising for me - this is the first time i'm doing this. Also, kind of hard to grab goons when there's only one person online and he seems to be AFK in the Scourge of Winter mission.

Join them and help them finish. Then they'll help you out. :v:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

xzzy posted:

Reddit person discovers that the exotic class items are reducing your xp per kill instead of increasing it because they're a sperg that keeps deleting and remaking hunters:

:tvtropes:

I'm thinking it might be because of the light difference. He has 155 light with his lvl 20 set and then throws on a 335 class item? He's gonna be wrecking those scrub vandals.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Yes. XP is tied to the level of the enemy and your level. As usual reddit retards are not scientists and have no idea how to control variables before jumping to conclusions.

Probably why I'm not on Reddit. Verifying controls suck balls.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Freelance 3v3. You aren't getting a single bounty done this week.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Are the servers still making GBS threads themselves to death, or have they stabilized somewhat?

I'm making GBS threads myself to death but I'll tell you after work.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

The suppression grenade works much like a pokeball, which only operates when open

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

TaurusOxford posted:

After three Destiny raids, i've come to accept the fact that I don't have the patience to do them blind. I probably won't even attempt it until everyone else has more or less mastered it, assuming I even bother getting RoI. Also I REALLY hope the next raid doesn't "require" specific weapons in order for me to be useful to the group.

You mean like a sniper rifle...and a sniper rifle?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

xzzy posted:

No it's stupid because there's always that one guy that's all "SIGGGHHHHHH why are people dying this time?"

You've obviously never platformed with the Captain.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

HEY KOOL-AID!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Lol 73 and gay

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44986/7_Community-Focus---Galford

Greatest generation my rear end, freaking git gud Gramps.

Dude's a baby boomer, bruh. He's the reason why we have SBMM.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Lyer posted:

ughhh i was the red bar last game, my connection is usually decent, anyone what causes that poo poo?

Stop wit all da downloadin'

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

actionjackson posted:

Spotted the bone krew hangout today (right). Conveniently located right next to the only clothing store that meets their needs.

Goddamn, I took a pic of the same thing yesterday in Seattle.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

marauderthirty posted:

I play Destiny with my baby in my lap and I'm not gonna apologize to no one! :colbert:

(Unless I forget to mute the mic)

But yeah I wouldn't try to do Trials with her

Barvo evading probation spotted.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

I want to see orbs dropped/picked up at the end of crucible matches. I'd say that was easy but they also hosed up text spacing on the kill screens for crota and poo poo

MoistTurtleneck as The Defender with the PLAY OF THE GAME:

*Drops Defender bubble*
==MoistTurtleneck generated 3 Orbs of Light==
*Bubble immediately gets broken from super*

Gathers orbs
*Drops Defender bubble*

:c00lbutt:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Those orbs were for all my homies in heaven

See you at The Crossroads

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

VJeff posted:

Yo, shot in the dark, here, anybody on XB1 got a charged Argonach rune they wouldn't mind using to help me out? :shobon:

I'm at 38/50, if I knock this out, all I'll have left is nightfall, raid, challenge mode and Tier 3 Court of Oryx.

Wow, what new Artifact is this?

It's actually the Mark of Saladin - Gain the ability to bend time and only be present every 4th frame.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

xzzy posted:

It doesn't matter how it works because everyone's going to use the sprint cooldown one anyways.

You're gonna feel like hot poo poo then complain about bladedancers double arcbolt nading you and you're gonna bitch like a baby. As usual.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

CheeseFactory posted:

The artifacts are cool because it adds a new layer to the game and breaths into it new life.

Pretty smart move by bungie.

If they add in private game lobbies as well. Holy poo poo. Huge win.

If they could fix the loving lag as well it would be one of best games ever imo. Too bad they can't/won't. Maybe in Destiny 2.

400 Light will also make Tier 13 and 14 possible. People are gonna be running around with near max cooldowns all day erryday.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Roman posted:

I would buy that VoG shirt right now if it were available in black

2/10, no ring

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Either someone is dying before the bombs actually detonate or someone isn't pulling their weight.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

marauderthirty posted:

Only having 2 characters finally pays off :smug:

Yeah, but what if you had 4 copies?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Roman posted:

IB is moving to Felwinter's Peak, no more flaming gong in the tower. And you have to unlock Felwinter's Peak in a mission, so I guess you have to buy ROI to play IB. Which everyone still playing is doing anyway but you know people will complain.

I wonder how are new players are going to get that ghost in the tower you can only get during IB.

Better get it next IB or you're fuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Roman posted:

I was referring to the armor parts actually, but the other stuff is nice

Are you one of those people that complain that you never have enough weapon parts/armor materials? Because I am loving swimming in the shits. Stop giving your armor mats away for rep you goony goobers.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Roman posted:

I predict SRL might be moved back there since they're hinting it's being expanded somehow. Maybe it will be some Olympics thing with a bunch of different events including SRL.

Why would they have to move it back? They've been working in it for 8 months.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's amazing to me how many people don't use Ionic Blink. In general it amazes me how many people leave cover while in a roaming super on foot. Holy poo poo, moron, jump or something.

http://i.imgur.com/4NFQyeG.gifv

e: decided to sit down and reroll that drat thing

Good enough

*Iconic

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

FishBulb posted:

They really need to take strange coins off the nightfall/shaxx table. That poo poo is obnoxious.

"Hey, gams, thanks for the cash but you know what I'd really like for my birthday? Another lovely hand towel."
- No one. Ever.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Intoluene posted:

So now that I'm level 40, what the gently caress do I do to get better gear now? I tried the prison but holy gently caress am I bad and don't want to drag everyone down with me.

Give in to despair. Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Also, just pvp to git gud and wait for RoI.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

The Meat Dimension posted:

Pretty much what Rick Hunter said. Also here's a handy table.

What is that? A guide for ants?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

texaholic posted:

A well coordinated team should be able too. 3 warlocks with nothing manacles and tier 5 discipline running the quick recharge on void kill. The hunter perk where grenade kills instantly refill melee and melee kills instantly refill grenade would work too. Should be interesting when roi drops with the new artifacts, no super with double melee and double grenade could really help during a week like this. No way I am messing with it this week though, good excuse to take a break from destiny until roi so everything feels fresh.

The problem is trickle and the fact that you need extended energy drain to get those grenades back. Otherwise you're going to spend a lot of time getting precision kills or playing a lovely neutral game. Sunsingers and radiance don't compare. Stormcaller grenades are straight rear end so playing Perpetual Charge ping pong is on a razor's edge. Besides, if you're using a Sunsinger or Stormcaller you aren't using the best class for grenade bonus CoE - Voidwalkers

Not even Simmering Flames helps Sunbreakers. That goes double for Strikers and Defenders because they have absolutely no way to increase their recharge with skills/talents. You could argue that Defenders could use their super to get an extra grenade from time to time.

Hunters are just rear end for this week. Nightstalker grenades are terrible and Bladedancers have the worst sticky in the game and no way to speed that recharge. Gunslingers are the only ones that can reliably use their grenades because of Scavenging.

It's a really lovely week for CoE.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Kiavahr posted:

If I had to do it I'd run a gunslinger, but I'd focus more on getting throwing knife chains. With a headshot kill worth melee+precision points it's the same as a grenade with bonus. Then it's just a matter of shooting your gun to get assists and make room for ammo to activate scavenger so you can throw the occasional grenade.

But I don't have to, so I won't.

Also trickle really shouldn't affect radiance or Army of One, but that would imply any thought had been put into it.

Trickle affects grenade recharge from radiance. You will not throw grenades as fast as you would w/o it. Army of One and Grenadier are good ways to recharge your abilities but once again you are getting kills and precision kills which are not as many points as grenade kills.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Yeah but have you thought about the drawer's feelings?

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 10, 2016

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Mr. WTF posted:

Actually my fault on the description - artifacts are in the loot table though for Daughters and for Oryx. Court might still be easier, but Daughters is very easy if you have a good group. I wouldn't mess with Hard Oryx with randoms.

Artifacts are not in the loot table for Daughters and artifacts are only in the loot table for Oryx during challenge mode. Doth thou even raid, brother?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Intoluene posted:

It looks like synchronized dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Mikey-San posted:

also you can tell how much halo 2 i played back in the day because i still automatically run forward when punching stuff to do more damage

I thought that was due to your weapon and if you targeted the head or not. 3+ with a smg, 2 hits with a brute shot. :confused:

• Locked thread