Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I endorse this event or product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

marauderthirty posted:

The funny thing is that I don't think it's even possible to obtain an Eidolan Ally anymore, so if you don't have one of those waiting in your vault then it doesn't even matter if the game decides to drop you a crux. Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure Eris just stopped carrying that embalming orb or whatever the gently caress it was that brings Husk up to a legendary.

It doesn't appear in her inventory if you go and look but it could always be conditionally hidden until you have a maxed out Husk. If the Necrochasm was straight up unobtainable the completionists on Reddit would have thrown a shitfit by now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Equip Ally, wear glowhoo, do the kick dance at the moment Crota dies.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

AppleCobbler posted:

Your 2015-2016 posting championship scoreboard is finalized, congrats to the bone krew:

7th :3:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Found the damage ref

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I also thought that was some kind of small animal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can just keep burning them. The Court will bury you in loot (even if 99% of it is crap, it's a great source of armor and weapon mats).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't think pubstomping via account fuckery is going to convince Bungie to let it happen naturally without account fuckery.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dr. Light posted:

I just picked up Destiny this weekend after seeing a crazy good deal on it for Xbox One. Since I haven't played before I'm waiting to use the Spark of Light on a second character while I use the first to get to know the game. Anything I should be doing besides story quests and bounties as I level?

No, that's pretty much it. The game is vastly improved from launch in terms of the guidance it gives you for finding newly unlocked activities. For endgame stuff if you're on PS4 you can find teams in a thread in private game servers and if you're on xbox there's a google spreadsheet in a treehouse somewhere.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Did you even read the post? The first sentence stated in clear terms they bought an xbox.

PS4 players, not the sharpest knives.

Sorry, sometimes it's hard to believe sensible adults actually do that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Practice in PVE, where the challenge and stress are way lower and you aren't getting a forced intermission every five minutes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Inferno rumble

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Emron posted:

What are the vendor rolls on IB gear this time? I'm dreaming of a really nice ViewTac weyloran and pulse reloader gloves.

We find out at 10AM Pacific. With the amount of gear you get from the playlist now you're very likely to get something close to those.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Slack Mac app appears to be just a wrapper for a web view, it's terrible.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What's the Nirwin's roll? I've been using one of those as my pvp primary since forever with truesight, counterbalance, handlaid stock, feeding frenzy.

Triple tap will almost never proc in crucible unless you're an absolute god, save it for PVE and get the vendor one.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I get enough goonage from the forum, I don't need it irl thanks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

lemonadesweetheart posted:

I left this around a week after hard mode oryx. Has much changed for the better?

A bit. Some new content was patched in, including some temporary events that then went away again. Lots of balance tweaks with mixed results. Changes to drop mechanics. Stream in 1.5 hours about the next expansion.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm late, have they spent all 10 minutes talking about the sparrow? Lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
All this is stuff we're supposed to be noticing on our own as we play, so much for discovery

They really should have announced more than one stream like they usually do, then at least we'd have a schedule for new areas

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Only good things were the brief glimpses of the plaguelands in the background of the sparrow trailer.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Remove synergy with NBP.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm going to buy the expansion and play the new raid

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Uh, no, my avatar of the annoying girl robot from Oni making a stupid face is timeless

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No, that's based on the 20 seconds they spent in the stream looking at each other's armor (in between the 5 minutes about sparrow concept art and 5 minutes about adding a dead walker to the Divide).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Update out. Nothing really new. Patch 2.3.1 soon.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Servers going back down for more maintenance in 3, 2, 1...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:ughh: is the best emote

http://i.imgur.com/e7G9DpO.mp4

:madmax:

http://i.imgur.com/QcawyKH.mp4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mikey-San posted:

nah both of these woulda been better with jazz hands or blowing a kiss

True, facepalm works better for shutting someone down who was coming at you. No regrets tho

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fennesz posted:

Aren't you supposed to gain more rep per day during IB? I was getting +79 a win on Wednesday and +73 a win today.

Did you take off the shader, emblem, or class item?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Those randomly drop as CoE activity rewards.

Electrostatic mind is still broken as far as I know.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 23, 2016

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Drag posted:

On another note, is CoO the only place to get a 335 artifact?

No, but it's by far the most convenient.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
2 snipers, lots of arms and boots (and boots from the package), no pulses.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ReadingZucchini posted:

Is there some good explanation of how exactly infusion works since the April update?

Do the attribute bonuses of the infused armor increase along with the power level or what?

Yes, but only because they've always scaled with light level.

The only change is that when you infuse the target item always rises to the exact level of the consumed item.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BlindSite posted:

I remember how hard it was to try and take down the sepiks prime strike.

Largely because nobody knew how to take down the walker.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah the slots have different weights. I'm sure someone on Reddit has sperged up the whole formula by now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

NF is Dust Palace with void burn plus some other stuff that doesn't matter
Heroic is arc burn plus some other stuff that doesn't matter
CoE is Super kill bonus plus chaff and brawler

good farm week

If you're going to farm do it fast because everyone gets kicked offline at 2 PST and then they get changed when the patch hits.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Much simpler and less drastic response than disconnecting people- if the game detects that it's the one with the problem, it puts up a big ol' "ENCOUNTERING NETWORK ISSUES" banner and stops accepting input until it clears up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Obsurveyor posted:

What do you do with them while the banner is up? How do you deal with catching them up to the present for both them and everyone else? That just adds even more difficulty to the engineering nightmare that is network programming. When you get the black screen and come back in Destiny now, I believe that's a host migration and everyone sees it.

The same way it's done now, except they won't be attacking anyone else while it happens. It's not disruptive to anything else the game is doing, it just makes playing while laggy ineffectual and unfun, so no more incentive to lagswitch or keep playing while your connection shits itself.

e: I mean cut off controller input, not network input, if that wasn't clear.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mill Village posted:

the meltdowns' meltdowns

meltception

*equips King's Horn*

• Locked thread