Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Commander Samuel Faraday
music

Sheet

"I'm evaluating every possible option, but all of them only lead to more and more bloodshed. Isn't there something else we can do?"

Samuel Faraday is by far not your average child. His premature birth to a family of miners on the planet of Tau Geminorum VII had spelled certain death for him- being declared so on the very day of his birth. It was after tears were shed and goodbyes were said that the baby that a group of Shardmind scientists from a space station orbiting the star itself had asked to use his body for study of how the human brain might receive Shardmind Quantum Computing technology- and after much resistance and demands of compensation they had obtained the use of the child's body.

It was after several days in the lab, however, when a miracle had brought Sam back to life. His first breath of life outside of his mother's womb would have been in an isolated lab in a foreign environment.

Sam would have processed every information tablet and complete every "games and theory" simulation by the age of seven. The Quantum Computer in his brain saw to it that he was able to complete military strategy exercises with very little to no casualties. It wasn't long after that when the military would see his use as a tactician, commander, and makeshift diplomat. Commanding the military through battles for the rest of his life- from the seat of an armchair, of course. His body was too frail to actually go out into the battlefields, and despite his uncanny ability in warfare he absolutely hated to see violence.

It's only now that Sam has been caught in the middle of things, on the planet of Teris. With a less than elegant life support apparatus and hardly an army to support him, he'll have to make do with what he can find until he can find his way back to his command in the Plisean Alliance, and the people on both sides of the battlefield seen safely to their homes.

* Where are you from? That is, What planet are you from? What kind of world is it (climate, size) and what is it’s role (trade, military, mining, colony, something else)? How populated is it? What part of it are you from?
"Uhm. We're, er... I guess I'm from Tau Geminorium VII, but really I'm from that big crystalline ring that rotates around the sun nearby.

My home though, it was just so cool! There were these information tablets that are like- you implant them into your mind and you can see things! Like one of them will be all about this big battle that took place ages ago, and another one would just be like 'what would happen if there were these big flesh-eating bugs on the ship and you had to escape. Could you make it out alive? Could you make it out with everyone alive? It was super hard, at least the first time, but super fun! And there were thousands of them! Talking to people was so cool! We didn't make any friends, but that's because everyone was like, hundreds of years old and saying stuff like 'We would like to inquire as to how you are performing this cycle' and it was like... so freakin' cool!"

* Name one thing that made you who you are today.
"We... *I* think... probably my birth. I didn't find out about it until I was six. I don't think I really understood it back then. Like, how could my parents think I was dead? I'm certainly not dead right now. Would they be happy if they found out I was alive? Do they even think about me? ...Are they even still alive?"

* Who is your best friend? Your worst enemy?
"Hmm, our best friend is probably F1D0, the Quantum AI we programmed in our spare time when we were nine. It was so cool to be able to make a friend on my computer! He tells all these cool jokes about what it's like to be a dog. But like, one day we had to let him go because we didn't feel good just keeping him trapped in our computer. So I guess he's somewhere in the universal web now? I hope I see him again.

I don't think I have any enemies, but that Commander Ragnar Axehand gets on my nerves! Tellin' me to clean up after myself and that only an idiot would want to be led by a kid. He even tried to get me demoted, like I'm not fit for duty! I'm ten times the commander he is, if he'd just open his eyes maybe he would see that and we could be friends."

* Why were you on Teris when the Imperium took over?
"Well, we performed several calculations as to where the Imperium might strike next. We thought about it, and we figured wherever the fleet would show up the Imperium would try to avoid. So we figured 'maybe we should show up here by ourselves, and help guide the rebellion.' We don't think any of these people know who I am, though. A-and I've never actually fought a battle before, so it seems like it would be really scary. But, I mean, these people must be even more scared!"

* Why do you fight? What did the Imperium do to make you decide to risk your life to join the rebellion? What are you sacrificing to be here?
"Becuase..." Samuel hesitates for a moment, putting one of his small hands against the gigantic alloyed dome around his head. "Because I don't want people to fight anymore. Like, these Vular guys have their ways that I'm sure we can reconcile with. The Plisians I know are good people. So maybe we can just get along and make friends?"

Knowing that isn't an acceptable enough answer, his voice echoes outwards from the shell around his brain. "I've been a part of the military since I could remember. I know it's too late for me to have a normal life, but I think maybe it would be good if there were some people who didn't have to fight, yeah?"

I'd like this guy to be full taclord, with all of his abilities being reskinned as artillery support or a nearby ally making another attack.

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread