Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Sgt. Camellia 'Bug' Flamesworn, 7th Independent Reconnaissance Unit
Pixie Monk (Psychokinetic CQC Expert)
Theme

"The only way you'll keep your freedom is if you fight for it. I'm here to teach you how."

* Why were you on Teris when the Imperium took over?

Work, naturally. The Alliance knows that it needs to blunt the Imperium's advance through the Pelan Arm and solidify their defenses around Yhivale. Time is not on our side. Enter the 7th Independent Reconnaissance Unit, an Alliance special forces detachment assigned to foment local insurgencies and generally make life unpleasant for an occupying force. We love our job and our job loves us. I'm an expert hand-to-hand combatant, psychokinetic, and guerrilla. I've been assigned to train up a militia out of the promising locals while the rest of the 7th do their best to harass soft targets throughout the planet.

Figures. The biggest op yet and I pulled the short straw.

* Who is your best friend? Your worst enemy?

I don't really have a lot of friends left outside of the 7th. Lt. 'Fingers' Morales is the best of them. I know that people talk a lot of crap about minotaurs being loose cannons, but I'd trust him with my life. What? Why do we call him Fingers? He, uh, doesn't have any left after what happened on Magdalene. 10 cybernetic replacements and his hands are mostly metal too. He gives as good as he gets, though, so don't give me that look. How do you think I got stuck with something like 'Bug'?

As for the enemy, it has to be Inquisitor Aunrae. We've crossed paths on previous jobs and she has some sort of sixth sense that points her at us no matter how careful we are. If it wasn't for her, I'm sure we would have stopped this offensive on Chanterelle. It was a similar gig -- aid and abet a local resistance so that the Imperium is too busy on the homefront to keep expanding. No dice. She sniffed out our cell leaders and dismantled the resistance faster than we could set it up. She's got a lot to answer for, but I hope to hell she doesn't show up here.

* Name one thing that made you who you are today.

So I mentioned Magdalene, right? That was while I was still in the regular forces with Fingers. It was supposed to be a simple op, securing some ancient ruins that had been unearthed next to the space port. It ended up being anything but simple. Arcanotech defenses were everywhere, rays of god knows what scything through our ranks while golems literally came out of the walls. We had to blow the whole installation to stop the defenses from pouring out and attacking the soft targets outside. If they could rip through trained Alliance marines, the civilians wouldn't stand a chance. Fingers was on explosive duty while the rest of us bought him time. We were taking heavy casualties and next thing you know it's just the two of us against an unending tide. Then, I... lost control. I've always had crazy psychic powers. I thought I had the training to keep them in check. Turns out I was just a bad day away from letting loose some sort of psychokinetic tornado. There were upsides, I guess. We lived. Well, mostly. Fingers got pretty well shredded. The ruins were completely blasted apart. Guess we had enough of the explosives planted to take it down after all.

Long story short, we were sworn to secrecy, I was volunteered into the 7th Independent Reconnaissance Unit, and I got extra serious about training.

* Why do you fight? What did the Imperium do to make you decide to risk your life to join the rebellion? What are you sacrificing to be here?

Other than conquering my homeworld? Conquering dozens of other planets like it? The Imperium isn't exactly my favorite pan-system governing body. I was born the day that they "liberated" Vandana and grew up a refugee. My folks, bless their hearts, wanted to find a quiet world and settle down. I hope they found somewhere safe. Needless to say, that wasn't my plan. I enrolled in the Alliance Military Academy and they helped me nurture my talents. I ended up having a good head for a scrap and could punch way above my weight class, thanks to the whole psychokinesis bit. From there, I fell into the Alliance Marines and served my time. I figured I would retire eventually, but Magdalene happened and then I found myself with a real shot to get back at the Imperium.

* Where are you from? That is, What planet are you from? What kind of world is it (climate, size) and what is its role (trade, military, mining, colony, something else)? How populated is it? What part of it are you from?

I was born on Vandana, which, as you may have gathered, is right next door to Vular. Little surprise that we were in the first wave of invasions. I don't know much about it first-hand, just stories I heard from my parents and facts I looked up on the Galactic Net. It's a fairly large planet that has a lot of trees. It's pretty much entirely covered in 'em. From what I hear, the pixies used to be hunter-gatherers, but that pretty much all stopped once we entered the galactic community. I haven't seen more than bits and pieces thanks to all of the security clearances on the files, but it seems like they had been engaging in bio-engineering and psychic research.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jul 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread