Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Skamos
Sheet

I am Skamos, mutant son of criminals and political prisoners imprisoned on Akanul 3. Those born and raised on that irradiated, polluted, burning and freezing hellhole must fight to live and tend to undergo one or more mutations just to survive. I too underwent a mutation in my youth. My blood boiled, my hands glowed red to the point you could see the bones within, and I became capable of emitting tremendous flames. Hot enough to harm even the hardy residents of Akanul 3. I finally escaped my prison home and made my way to Teris by chance, only for the Imperium to declare martial law. I lived in one prison, I don't intend to do so again, and so I joined the rebellion once I learned of them.

Where are you from? Where am I from. Akanul 3. Yeah the prison planet Akanul 3. A burning freezing shithole. Scorching deserts through the day, the only rain that ever falls burning acid rain, and rotating into freezing sub zero nights. A rather inhospitable hellhole. Between a great deal of dumping, when the Imperium felt waste could not be dumped on any more hospitable planets, the extreme temperature change, and the general lack of any useful resources, the planet had little value. Except as a dumping ground of course. But it was not just pollution and waste that the Imperium has dumped on Akanul 3. They have also dumped many prisoners, criminals, rabble rousers, political rivals, anyone that was inconvenient to the Imperium, and of course the children of these inmates. There are no census reports of the population. There may be records of those dumped here, though I suspect a number are dumped without any record made, but many of them die quickly and no one keeps track of those who survive the first few days or weeks. And of course those records would not include anyone born on Akanul 3 itself. I was born and raised, more or less, in the Burning Wastes, one of the more inhospitable deserts on Akanul 3.

Name one thing that made you who you are today. Surviving Akanul 3. Well and just being born on Akanul 3 and the changes that my body went through in reaction to all the corruption and pollution. One has to be tough to survive, and ruthless.

Who is your best friend? Hmm. Akanul 3 is not the best place to make friends. At best one has allies, those who prove useful to them, and those who one bands with to survive the harsh world and the vicious prisoners. Most often I ran together with Danath, a large man who was actually rather protective of the other children of the Burning Wastes who were born in that hellhole. He too had a strange mutation from growing up there, he could seem to strengthen his flesh, to call upon the strength of the earth deep beneath the burning sands.

Your worst enemy? Hah. Who wasn't? Akanul 3 was inhospitable, violent, full of betrayal, hatred and death. Very few would band together to stay alive. Most took what they could from anyone weaker, killing what they could, doing whatever they wished. The worst of the worst that I did not kill before leaving Akanul 3 would be Belleo. He was a monster. A rapist, a killer, who would kill anyone as soon as looking at them, would take what he wanted, food, water, women, anything. He made attempts at killing me more than a few times, but I have been able to drive him off, sometimes with the help of Danath. But I never did manage to kill him. And as far as I know he still lives on Akanul 3.

Why were you on Teris when the Imperium took over? A prison ship dropped more prisoners off on Akanul 3, and a few of us managed to the ship while it was recharging its FTL drive. We avoided detection until it docked at Teris to pick up supplies on its return trip. I left the ship, and began exploring Teris, while the ship was restocking, and it left before I could get back to it. Still Teris is likely a lot better than Akanul 3. Of course within a week of my arrival on Teris the Imperium took over. Hmm I wonder if the prison ship was actually restocking, or if it was gathering information in secret for the invasion.

Why do you fight? What did the Imperium do to make you decide to risk your life to join the rebellion? What are you sacrificing to be here? That seems like an odd question. I fight because it is all I have ever known. Because after I finally got free of that hellhole Akanul 3 they come along to this Teris and lock it down. I was finally going to be free, and now it seems things have changed. Unless I fight alongside this Teris rebellion. They created Akanul 3, they put my parents on that hellhole, and took away there rights. And for that I was born in that hellhole, living life by kill or be kill, and developing strange painful mutations just to survive. I am not really sacrificing anything to be here, unless one was to say that I could be out running around the locked down Teris trying to have a life, but I lived in one prison all my life and I am not about to repeat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread