Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Laser Rholodite Alabandicus Zero (ro lo die' ti)

* Where are you from? That is, What planet are you from? What kind of world is it (climate, size) and what is its role (trade, military, mining, colony, something else)? How populated is it? What part of it are you from?
I'm a wandering Laser, without a Mine, from the planet Omniprism. It's a craggy, stony world of eternal storms and rapid tectonic shifts, filled with hundreds of thousands of my fellow sentient "Photobeings." Also referred to as "Wisps." We are a military mining world, where beings are born from lightning that strikes crystals harvested from Mines and cut to perfection by the Grinders. Our warriors, Lasers, are bestowed the crystal from which they were born that they might be ever focused and live indefinitely in pursuit of justice and righteousness. I am from the Albandicus Mine, which was destroyed.

* Name one thing that made you who you are today.
I came of age and received my focusing crystal from a veteran of the Vulcan Crisis, during which a group of Obsidians, stoked and armed by a foreign power–we suspect Deepdwarfish supporters of the Vular Imperium–drilled deep conductors for the planet's lightning in order to stimulate vulcanic activity, that they might multiply their own population, genocide others, and take over the planet. My mine was one of the first they pulverized and engulfed in magma. It happened while I was away, leaving me the last of the Alabandicai. We were focused in a new kind of experimental stone, but all my fellow Wisps born from those stones and charged with creating more such stones were all wiped out, and only my own was recovered.

* Who is your best friend? Your worst enemy?
The veteran Laser Tektite 598, one of the Obsidian Lasers not part of the mad rebels, the one who recovered the one Albandicus from its Mine, who made me a Laser. I am in their debt. Without them I would be a Wisp doomed to fade and never be refocused. That is how we die out–when a Wisp does not return to a stone where they were born before they dim to nothingness. All the other Wisps who were away from Albandicus Mine died out because they were born of stones that were lost.
My worst enemy doesn't even know me–Grinder Perlite 66, one of the inciters of the Vulcan Crisis, who escaped before the rebellion was put down. My wandering is not completely directionless, while I make my own way I am ever in search of clues to their wherabouts so I can bring them to justice.

* Why were you on Teris when the Imperium took over?
As I mentioned, I was following Grinder Perlite 66. I had reason to believe an associate of theirs was stopped in Tremont.

* Why do you fight? What did the Imperium do to make you decide to risk your life to join the rebellion? What are you sacrificing to be here?
I am a Laser. We don't live to mine like unfocused Wisps, we live to fight. The Imperium took in a terrorist, and threaten to conquer and ruin another world. This is my Focus–my mission, and I cannot return to Omniprism or abdicate my duty until this conflict is resolved, one way or another. That is our way.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread