Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##4 Copland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
wow what an awful snype

Quidnose posted:

i believe in the pig

##vote AR

what? quid you should know that believing pig at any point is dumb and bad

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

wow what an awful snype

what? quid you should know that believing pig at any point is dumb and bad

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

these are my favorite games

:kheldragar:
my useless movie trivia knowledge gets to come into play in these

I mean okay, real talk, no joking or whatever, this is a League game and so flavour will be important and we should eventually be able to solve or at least partially solve the game through the flavour, but it's way too early to do that. It's going to take several days before it becomes clear exactly what's going on, so maybe let's not worry about that now? It'll just drag us into pointless chat when we could be mafiaing.

Let's please put it off until at least like, Day 3.

Besides, I have a cop investigation on a scum that is 100% real, today is pretty easy.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
also what's with all of the people casting doubt on Asiina's cop claim without voting for her? I have no idea what the possible scum motivation for a fakeclaim would be this early if she were scum. I suppose the dunker angle could be feasible, but I don't buy it

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I think that dunking Jimson to test Asiina's cop claim is the best course of action to take at EoD, but until then we should focus our scumhunting efforts elsewhere

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I do find it a bit frustrating that like half of the game has posted less than Little Mac (I'm guilty of this as well, tbf), but hopefully that's just a symptom of a weekend start. Come on and :justpost:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'll post that Exakt science is a butt.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
talking about the janitor cop was actually not even about flavor tho lol

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

CCKeane posted:

I'll post that Exakt science is a butt.

He who smelt it, dealt it, CarbonCopyKeane :smuggo:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

He who smelt it, dealt it, CarbonCopyKeane :smuggo:

Not fair, you burnt out your ability to smell long ago, thanks to your tendency to avoid bathing except for "poop baths"

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i dont even know what to post

i honestly didn't think this would be so complicated :psyduck:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Absurd Revolver posted:

It's not. Vote Jimbo. Win the game. D2 starts with a whole bunch of info that's not stuck in D1 dreck.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Infinitum posted:

It's not. Vote Jimbo. Win the game. D2 starts with a whole bunch of info that's not stuck in D1 dreck.

I'm in no hurry to end the day

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Absurd Revolver posted:

i dont even know what to post

This is another in a series of very empty posts from AR. You must have some thoughts. Scumreads, townreads, anything?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Obligatory "day oje is actually important post" in response to this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somebody (I bet they were really good looking and strong) made a good case on TMMadman imo.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

EXAKT Science posted:

This is another in a series of very empty posts from AR. You must have some thoughts. Scumreads, townreads, anything?

i dont know, I feel empty this game

i dont see the point in Asiina claiming a N0 cop unless she's gonna claim insane after we kill Jimson if he flips town

which is probably believable but I guess it's day one in a 26 player game, who cares if we mislynch

on that note, who cares if we mislynch twice if we get good info

##vote scumson

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

also what's with all of the people casting doubt on Asiina's cop claim without voting for her? I have no idea what the possible scum motivation for a fakeclaim would be this early if she were scum. I suppose the dunker angle could be feasible, but I don't buy it

What's the reason for Asiina coming out in her very first post and making her claim? Jimson usually isn't that hard to get lynched, so why not wait until he inevitably says something scummy and then whip up a furor against him?

What if she's a paranoid/insane cop? What if someone framed Jimson? What if she was redirected?

The game was only 30 minutes old (with a deadline almost 4 days away) when Asiina makes her claim. She doesn't let the game breathe at all. I don't think she is scum, but I don't think it's a particularly great play either.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

talking about the janitor cop was actually not even about flavor tho lol

I'm pretty sure it's a joke.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

:ducksiren:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
have i mentioned that absurd is scum yet

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Absurd Revolver posted:

i dont know, I feel empty this game

i dont see the point in Asiina claiming a N0 cop unless she's gonna claim insane after we kill Jimson if he flips town

which is probably believable but I guess it's day one in a 26 player game, who cares if we mislynch

##vote scumson

wow

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ducksiren::siren::ducksiren::siren::ducksiren::siren::ducksiren::siren::ducksiren::siren:

Absurd Revolver posted:

:ducksiren::siren::ducksiren::siren::ducksiren::siren::ducksiren::siren::ducksiren::siren:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

What's the reason for Asiina coming out in her very first post and making her claim? Jimson usually isn't that hard to get lynched, so why not wait until he inevitably says something scummy and then whip up a furor against him?

What if she's a paranoid/insane cop? What if someone framed Jimson? What if she was redirected?

The game was only 30 minutes old (with a deadline almost 4 days away) when Asiina makes her claim. She doesn't let the game breathe at all. I don't think she is scum, but I don't think it's a particularly great play either.

If you don't think she's scum then why are you skeptical of the claim??

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i feel like i probably shouldn't have joined this one but i will never sub out of a game because subbing out is weakness

if jimson flips scum, then asiina has only proven they have at least a one-shot night cop, or perhaps only a N0 cop and that's it

if jimson flips town, then asiina is going to claim insane/paranoid

in the event that happens, asiina is going to get killed because if they're paranoid they're useless, if they're insane then maybe they're kinda useful but then they're a prime NK target until a better PR is revealed

hence, i think asiina is telling the truth or believes they are

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a joke.

I don't believe that you think people would joke or make fakeclaims on day 1.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

absurd is 100% completely downloaded i only need like 3 posts from him before i can tell whether hes scum or not

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I mean I guess you explained the potential scenarios where she's wrong, but it reads to me like trying to discredit her without calling her scum, and that stinks.

:agreed:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't believe that you think people would joke or make fakeclaims on day 1.

jokes are bad and ruin mafia tbqh

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

you overdid it inf

i literally meant that we could mislynch twice(in fact we probably will, statistically), and we're not in that much worse a position

stressing about a day 1 lynch in a regular game is dumb

stressing about early mislynches in a game with 26 players is also dumb

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

I mean I guess you explained the potential scenarios where she's wrong, but it reads to me like trying to discredit her without calling her scum, and that stinks.

:agreed:

Then go ahead and vote for me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Absurd Revolver posted:

i feel like i probably shouldn't have joined this one but i will never sub out of a game because subbing out is weakness

if jimson flips scum, then asiina has only proven they have at least a one-shot night cop, or perhaps only a N0 cop and that's it

if jimson flips town, then asiina is going to claim insane/paranoid

in the event that happens, asiina is going to get killed because if they're paranoid they're useless, if they're insane then maybe they're kinda useful but then they're a prime NK target until a better PR is revealed

hence, i think asiina is telling the truth or believes they are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

##vote Absurd Revolver

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TMMadman posted:

Then go ahead and vote for me.

ok

##vote TMM

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
also dongs i don't even care i'm not going to respond to ur downloading skills

i got a migraine right now and i named it after you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:wom:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Absurd Revolver posted:

also dongs i don't even care i'm not going to respond to ur downloading skills

i got a migraine right now and i named it after you

do u take drugs for ur migraines

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
inf are you going to post content or just emote reactions so i know if i should read any of your dumb words

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

dongsbot 9000 posted:

do u take drugs for ur migraines

hydrocodone actually

i named the one i just took an "adahnvil"

because i can't think of a better tool for getting you out of my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012