Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yup, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I've never been turboed before, will this be my first time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

wtf is "the league"

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Seriously, voting for cop land every day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Qs:
Can multiple scumteam members be in the same zone

Zone votes by PM in secret, I assume?

Does scum get a vote in zone-shifting?

Yeah, I don't see anything spelled out that would make them want to split up currently. Best strat would be to go to one zone together if they can.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I had a N0 cop.

##vote Jimson

##vote Jimson

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Your Personal Muse posted:

I'm a reverse death Miller cop

##vote JakeP

The cop claim is probably a sick gambit let's murder someone defenseless

Little Mac posted:

There are no death millers.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

remember willa ford

she was, like, the funhouse version of britney spears. she dated nick carter while britney dated jt and made the britney subtext of "i'm having premarital sex" very much text.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5tKILoxrQ4

this isn't a breadcrumb.

I've never seen or heard of this person/song before.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

No no no I am a death cop for reverse death millers, and the OP said nothing about reverse death millers

I would argue that a reverse death miller is still a type of death miller.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW, voting for Cop Land.

I'm possibly failing to parse how to do this right, but this is my take:

##4

Also, I think voting for the name would work better so people don't have to check the OP for what number is what. So going to do that too.

##Cop Land

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Here's a question: Why come out with the result right away? Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until he said something scummy and then pushed for his lynch? Especially since D1 is 4 actual days long?

Yeah, it may just be a gambit/joke. It really doesn't make any sense to out it before getting to see interactions.

The reason I lent it at least some credence was:

Little Mac posted:

Roles will be going out over the next hour or so. Closing thread until then. If you have any questions or a Night 0 action, please get it to me ASAP.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

This is a lie! It's only 1 am!

##vote CCScum

It's actually just after midnight.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

Changed the wording in the second post.

"Every player gets one but they must be formatted as ##zonenumber zonename"

##4 Cop Land

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

too much reading please summarize

She fake claimed cop to get the real cop to counterclaim, so she could day vig them.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Its not that its a n0 action, its that its sooooooo loving easy to lynch Jimson. I consider Asiina a pretty good player, so I usually apply what is "Optimal" or at least makes sense when trying to figure out why she did a certain thing.

If I had a n0 cop, first off I would not cop Jimson. Really the only thing that a cop on Jimson does is if he turns out scum, you KNOW you have to lynch him. But if he turns out town...you still want to lynch him. Its not like you can trust his read, he is still pretty detrimental to town. I would cop someone like Dongs or CPig, who are hard to read but at the same time have very good gut reads on people and can be beneficial to the town, or a vet like JakeP so I can trust him and not worry about him pulling the wool over my eyes.

If I was a n0 cop AND investigated Jimson, I would not out it. Calling for a random turbo on Jimson would not raise any eyebrows and would not get you night killed. You can hide your investigation and your PR.

I just think that it would be weird and bad play for Asiina to do that as scum or town, this I think its fake.

This seems reasonable.

I'm still down to kill Jimson.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

TMM: If Gulag is wrong about this post, what do you do tomorrow?

This made me laugh.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Actually it's completely unrelated to his alignment. If he's scum it doesn't really bother me, if he's town likewise.

:what:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Man, 500 new posts on a weekend? Something major happen?

I won't catch up till later.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Nope. X shot, and it has stipulations that I won't disclose. Like I said, "kind of" like a death cop. [b]I'm more like a reality cop in the event that someone dies but doesn't die[/], and instead ceases to be. I don't even know if I'll ever get to use it.

Hmmm, is this maybe what happened to Kashuno?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I wanted to see how other people reacted to my vote but I guess that's not going to happen and I have plans so

You are Bret Maverick and you are Town-aligned.

ABILITY 1 - I Hardly Ever Bluff: Once per game, you may post your role PM in its entirety without edit or alteration. Any attempt to skirt this restriction will result in modkill.

ABILITY 2 - I Never Ever Cheat:
Once per day, you may attempt to peek at another player's role PM. Should you choose to do so, you will have a 20% chance of success on your target, 20% chance of success on a random target, 30% chance of failure, and 30% chance of death.

quote:

##vote asiina, she's the female terminator with a ninja and bulletproof mechanic

Huh, neat.

##vote asiina

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

My real role is that I can try to predict where people's votes will be at the end of the day.

If I'm right I am immune to kills from them.

I put my bet on Jimson today.

This doesn't feel like something associated with Dracula.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Actually gently caress it, Madman's post made me mad enough that I was about to post my role PM because seriously gently caress you rear end in a top hat, try being a person.

First role: I can submit a list of names up to half the current players and try to guess their votes at the end of the day. Any that I'm right I am immune to kills from them that night.

Second role: I can instead submit one name and if I predict their vote I kill them the following night. I wasn't allowed to use this on N0.

I guessed a bunch of people who I thought might be jerks enough to try to kill me on N1 when they know that I really want to be in this game, and I picked Jimson cause like has been said, he's a good D1 lynch.

PS I picked dongsbot and Kashuno voting for each other :love:

Hmmmm.

##unvote

I'd still like you to go into how your role fits with dracula.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I'm still marking but since I can't stay away, I'll say I can't really fight against whether the flavour fits the role. Blame Little Mac, I got nothing. :shrug:

So you are saying, even when you read your role PM and can see what the names of abilities are, etc, you don't feel those abilities make sense for Dracula? Please spend more words on this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I have to go again but I just want to quote this because there is no growing ironicat big enough for this post coming from Taste.

Have you forgotten Golgatha? Cause I sure as gently caress haven't.

Yeah, the only reason I even believe taste is because he was able to post his actual role PM. Otherwise I would just assume gambit city.

But, he did post it. And it seems valid to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

cckeane is making a very boring case on TMM and he still went back and made sure he was correct.

the only kind of person who goes back to check the validity of their d1 case is someone who is scum and wants to make sure their argument isn't wrong and dumb

##vote keane

Still catching up on what I missed. I couldn't disagree with this argument more. Anyone who isn't a blowhard will confirm they haven't got the facts wrong rather than hewing to them despite being wrong.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I've already explained I obviously wasn't going to keep up my ruse when someone says "hey this is your role PM" and it's not my role PM. I'm going to talk about my real role.

But those statements you quoted (and you left out the ones where I was VERY OBVIOUSLY joking) are still sarcastic as gently caress or else aren't me calling Jimson scum but saying that I wasn't a lyncher (which I'm not) or questioning Kashuno saying he didn't care whether Jimson was scum or not.

There's a long post I want to write in response to I think Kashuno who said that it was pointless because it didn't tell us anything, which I very much disagree with because even before Taste came in with his claim we had already learned a whole bunch and I know at least I had formed opinions about several people, so it wasn't pointless. I don't have time to write that post right now and put quotes in, but I'll say that I think I did what I wanted to do which was jumpstart the game out of jokephase and it wasn't wasted time at all.

I'd be interested in seeing this post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I am looking directly at my role PM. There's the flavour bit (which LM hosed up the quote tags gj worst mod ever) that talks about how I'm tired of being King and feel regret about how things went down last time. Something about Wan Li opening a book I don't understand because I never read League 2. Now I'm looking for redemption.

Then I have my first role which is called "What is a Man" and is where I can make a list of guessing people's votes to become BP from them.

Then there's my second role called "A Miserable Pile of Secrets" where I can submit one name and if I guess their vote right I kill them the next night.

There's no flavour information in the roles and they're not worded in a flavoury way like I sometimes do where it's like "If you can predict their minds and what enrages them you will be immune to their fury" or whatever nonsense I probably would have written if I wrote this role. It's just a straight up description in mafia terms.

So yeah, I can't really guess why this role fits this flavour cause I have no more information than what I've already said.

This is somewhat convincing. The role names would work with the character, but I'm having a hard time following how the roles names apply to the actual abilities. I didn't play this game, so maybe someone can enlighten me.

Still seems like Taste would know if he got a random result just from a mechanics/role perspective, also.

Asiina posted:

I'm not saying he's gambiting here. I'm saying making GBS threads on me for making a gambit which resulted in votes on a person is hilariously hypocritical.

Yup, fair enough.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Sorry Quid but there are like 500 content posts at least. I'm pretty sure that I'm voting Asiina because she got caught as scum handily but maybe 20% of my vote is because she made me read effort posts over the weekend.

This is super scummy. He isn't confident about why he's voting her and/or it's for non game reasons. Awesome.

I also had a problem with one of his posts earlier.

Would vote.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I honestly don't even feel like making it at this point, since who is it going to convince? There's so many empty "well Taste said a thing and he must be right" votes and people who said they're going to vote, why even put in the effort if nobody is going to listen.

Well, I personally am still waffling on it. It would be helpful for deciding my vote to see this.

Maybe it would sway others too, who knows. We still have well over 24 hours if people don't end things early.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EXAKT Science posted:

Why is everyone buying taste's claim so readily?

Why are you not?

He posted his role PM. The only questionable part of his claim is whether or not he would know if his result was on his actual target.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EXAKT Science posted:

No I don't buy that. A daycop with the ability to confirm? Seems a bit convenient for a gambler. I think he's bluffing.

With a 30% chance of death. That seems perfectly reasonable.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Hey KB, what do you think of the fact that Asiina put me on ignore because I called her out for making an emotional plea to stay alive?

Eh, I don't really want to get into this very deeply because I really don't approve of the weird vitriol between some of you. I wish everyone was better to each other, generally.

But yes, obviously I don't see how you can play mafia when you are ignoring posters in the game. If it keeps her from being super rude towards you in the game though, it makes the game better for everyone else. :shrug:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah but what if the role PM was fake? What if having the ability to post a fake PM is part of his role?

I refuse to believe that's a role. Basically, we've already lost if LM put something like that in.

To me it would be the same as Little Mac personally coming in here and saying Taste was town because he gave Taste an ability to make the mod say something in thread.

It would be a bastard role.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

You're one person. I'm at -5 and there's more than 5 people who already said their vote is essentially on me.

So really, yeah.

The worst part is that nothing at all will be learned from this. There will be zero consequences because Taste got a result and welp I guess that means that his flavour was wrong whoopsies!

Well, you've made a point to talk about how you want this game to be a success. Having your opinions on the record for what you learned from the gambit helps make that happen.

But certainly, if you don't actually put that info out there, nothing will be learned.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Except that I wasn't being super rude. All I said was that she made an obvious emotional plea in order to try and stay alive.

I was saying it was possibly preventing her from being super rude to you. Which is good for my sanity at the very least.

For the record though, I've been accused of making emotional pleas when people get me riled up and all it does is make me madder/more emotional. So while you were probably not actually intending any offense, it is something that I can see regularly causing a bad reaction.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Whelp, forums keep crashing or something all of the sudden. Trying to post this before I go to bed.

Parking my vote on Tobbs for the night. People I'd vote or think about voting include Tobbs, Exact (having problems buying his opinions on the last page or so as genuine) and Asiina (If she's scum she's actually doing a pretty drat good job of hiding it from me and it is only Taste's claim that is making me consider her).

##vote Tobbs

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Anyone else feel weird that TMM is dodging my scum question

Yeah, TMM is normally super proud to step forward and say he is town. He may be scum.

For the record, I'm town in this game. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I think it's hilarious that Asiina has Taste as a town read when he posted his role PM. There's no reason to include him in her reads because everyone KNOWS he's town.

Disagree, Exakt at the very least has said he thinks Taste has a role that lets him post a fake PM. Obviously not everyone knows he's town. Although they should.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

we shouldn't be treating taste as 100% confirmed, he could have made that PM up.

Like, if LM tailor-made a role for Taste, it's a role that would allow him to fakeclaim on steroids.

See? Here is another example.

I think this is ridiculous personally, but obviously he's not confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

Faking mod communication is modkillable tho isn't it?

He's got timestamps and everything happening.

Yeah, I thought this was a thing too.

• Locked thread