Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is it speeding up
Yes
pokemon anime Go
View Results

• Locked thread
Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
things feel like theyre going faster kind of like when you go over a hill in a car or a rollercoaster or something like that
or if you havent, its sort of like when youre about to poop but it feels both good and bad

does anyone else feel this way, i think its the end of times

I have no factual links to append to this note, and this may be considered pure speculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince McMahon
Dec 18, 2003
maybe you've been posting here too long old man

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

No worries, bruv, that's probably just my whip speeding past~!

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

The feeling that time is going faster as you get older has as interesting explanation

but I'm not going to post it here

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Good, the sooner we all die the better

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
When every day is just more of the same with nothing new or novel to stimulate you, the days blur together.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I think you have had too much.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/mind-guest-blog/why-does-time-fly-as-we-get-older/

hth op

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
It's not, you're just slower (due to age or drugs) so everything around looks faster in comparison. EG you used to do and think x things before dinner, now you do and think x-y things before dinner. So basically do more stuff really fast and you wont be old anymore.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

im too tired to read that article or do fast things

does anyone have any other recommendations

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Drunk & Ugly posted:

things feel like theyre going faster kind of like when you go over a hill in a car or a rollercoaster or something like that
or if you havent, its sort of like when youre about to poop but it feels both good and bad

does anyone else feel this way, i think its the end of times

I have no factual links to append to this note, and this may be considered pure speculation.

Your brain doesn't get excited about stuff you did 100 times any more. Les new experiences.

Try drugs or traveling to a really different place. And hurry, because death time is almost here !

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Time isn't holding up
Time isn't after us
Same as it ever was

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
It's weird how the same organ that is aware of this problem is the one that is causing it. I know it's happening but I can't tell my brain (who is me after all) to stop doing it. Feels like we're just drivers in a car. You can tell it where to go, but you have no control over how the engine works

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Every year, you compare the number of new experiences to previous years. You tend to ignore experiences that you've had before. Since you have fewer and fewer uniquely new experiences, each year has fewer things to lock it down as unique, and it seems compressed, due to the diminishing number of unique events. Eventually you will encounter expanses of time that "fly by" because you do nothing new and memorable. There is a way to combat this.

Masturbate in many different, unusual ways and locations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
it means you will die soon, sorry man

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

well then im going to die masturbating

i feel rather melancholy now with such a load of information being given to me

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
a noble death

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Time IS ending, OP.

The Norns have cut the rubberband of Time, and now it's speeding towards the cut point faster and faster. This is what you and all of us are experiencing.

Masturbating is a good idea.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Dying sucks rear end actually !! :argh: WTF how can we allow this to keep happening ?! Instead of iPhones or some 1.3% increase in some company stock the whole World resources should be focused on stopping death.
How is this not the No. 1 priority of living beings?

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Decebal posted:

Dying sucks rear end actually !! :argh: WTF how can we allow this to keep happening ?! Instead of iPhones or some 1.3% increase in some company stock the whole World resources should be focused on stopping death.

https://www.ted.com/talks/aubrey_de_grey_says_we_can_avoid_aging?language=en

hth

man, i'm just full of helpful and scientifically insightful links today.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

sometimes i wonder if its worth the energy tricking my gf into having sex with me when i can just have it with myself. and then only one of us feels ashamed

but then, they say, life is short

im feeling very reflective today

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Decebal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA3u8rqLvr8&t=6s

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

H.H posted:

https://www.ted.com/talks/aubrey_de_grey_says_we_can_avoid_aging?language=en

hth

man, i'm just full of helpful and scientifically insightful links today.

I remember that guy. We see cells that act like immortal machines inside our own bodies today through cancer. Of course that mechanism is turned into something negative because .... idk gently caress Nature

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

get a really boring office job op and you'll desperately want life to go even faster

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
ALL THE PIECES DON'T FIT BUT I REALLY DIDN'T GIVE A poo poo

I NEVER WANTED TO BE LIKE UUUUUU

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

get a really boring office job op and you'll desperately want life to go even faster

do you know anyone hiring

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Drunk & Ugly posted:

im too tired to read that article or do fast things

does anyone have any other recommendations

smoke a fat doob u fuckin clownass

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

As you age, every additional day of your life is a smaller percentage of your lifetime as a whole.

When you're 5, one day is about 1/1825 of your total life. A significant chunk.

When you're 50, that same 24-hour period is a much smaller portion of your lifetime - about 1/18250

Basically you're accelerating towards your own demise.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

Gray Matter posted:

As you age, every additional day of your life is a smaller percentage of your lifetime as a whole.

When you're 5, one day is about 1/1825 of your total life. A significant chunk.

When you're 50, that same 24-hour period is a much smaller portion of your lifetime - about 1/18250

Basically you're accelerating towards your own demise.

how can i use this to have a better and more intense orgasm

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Put a finger up your rear end.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Weed sometimes does for some weird reason.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Sounds like you're too happy in life and having too much fun. Get an annoying girlfriend, marry her, that way it will feel like you're wading through life chest deep in molasses.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The true path to happiness is mindfulness and the realization that there is ONLY NOW. There is no Past or Future, only this very moment.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Fried Watermelon posted:

The true path to happiness is mindfulness and the realization that there is ONLY NOW. There is no Past or Future, only this very moment.

“Tamed, he is the best of tamers;
peaceful, he is the seer among peace-bringers;
freed, he is the chief of liberators;
crossed over, he is the best of guides across.”

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
time actually is accelerating, please click through to my blog to find out how our lizard overlords have manipulated the very fabric of spacetime itself

e: why yes, I am a trump supporter, I don't see what that has to do with anything though

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Time is an ocean, not a river

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
The speed of time is connected to the speed of the expansion of the universe. The universe expands at an accelerating rate and time speeds up along with it

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
get ready to have your mind loving blown. That stuff a few people have been saying about each year being proportionally less can be written like this:

Where time is t, and your perception of time is p, p= 1/t

which looks like this on a graph:

So, in that first moment of you being aware of time, you were conscious forever. Your consciousness is literally infinite and unbounded at the beginning.

good news is you are immortal

bad news is you already lived forever and death is certain.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

If you think time is going fast now, just wait until you have kids, holy crap!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pull over, I want off this ride! :xd:

• Locked thread