Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is it speeding up
Yes
pokemon anime Go
View Results

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Basically you've stopped growing so now life is just kind of a long uninterrupted stream that's why it feels like time is passing faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

No worries, bruv, that's probably just my whip speeding past~!

Jdm den gently caress

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
The concept of speed presumes the existence of time stop triggering me please not all of us believe your bullshit

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
life is like a hurricane

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
life is like four balls on the edge of a cliff

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I read that you could jump forward in time but can NEVER go back :( That's bullshit! Who programed physics this way ?!

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
humans think logarithmically, so as you age each complete day represents a smaller and smaller portion of your entire life and is thus less meaningful. hope this is helpful

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
If you smoke a fatass blunt it slows down considerably

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i'm going to play the rip van winkle card and wake up when all the world's problems have been solved through the use of technology a-la the jetsons

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
maybe you should try living your life, OP

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I'm in my early 30's but my life has seemed very long, yet every other day feels like it's Friday again, so I guess the weeks have been going by extremely fast lately.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Yeah everything is moving faster now. There are 7 billion people on the planet, so you probably met at twice as many people in your life compared to some dude living in the 70's. Then that is compounded by technology. either people having access to more transportation, or just chatting to some fucker over the net.

Like also tech makes it easier to do stuff and get more stuff done. Like check out discog.com by decade: https://www.discogs.com/search/

In the 1970's 809,000 albums were made, while during the 2000's ; 1,956, albums were made, and in teens 1,494,000 albums have been made already. And that's just music. Movies, Video Games, and books are all being pumped out.

It's all just fast now because there is so much.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
That's why I just watch the same TV shows over and over again.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNBYLXiU4nM

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i really like to sit in the back of the roller coaster (not if it's a hanging one tho lmao) instead of the front because on the BIG DROP you get RIPPPPPPPPED over the to p by the weight of the rest of the car

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Falling toward apotheosis~

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
You're biologically/heuristically becoming more efficient at compressing time. You yearned for death's sweet embrace to speed your way, and so now your brain is doing the best it can for you in the gentlest way possible :angel:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I read science on it one time they suggested that as you get older, you have more memories to comb through, so that makes you cut out some filler portion of each day and thus time goes faster as you get older

do not worry, death is coming for us all

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
all my friends are getting laid but i'm not; i'm pissed off dammit!

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
did you stop smoking weed recently?

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Here's one weird trick that works. Time almost stands still when you are bored. So just do nothing and stare at the clock. You do that for a day it will feel like a year.

EDIT.

Also it's loving work that's doing it. When you had no responsibilities you measured time in days. You get a full time job you start measuring time in weekends. Bam a 7x speedup.

White Phosphorus fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 15, 2016

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I recommend a nice juicy gout attack op. Seconds will seem like hours

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Dragonstoned posted:

The feeling that time is going faster as you get older has as interesting explanation

but I'm not going to post it here

the explanation is a year of ur life is a smaller percentage of ur life every year u get older

it isn't hard to understand

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Champenema posted:

I recommend a nice juicy gout attack op. Seconds will seem like hours

I can verify this one. Imagine powdered glass rubbing between your joints every time you move. I am not going to get all hyperbolic and say "oh it's a hundred times worse." No it's loving EXACTLY like that. Even a blanket on your leg is too much to bear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFh71_ftxLE

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Imagine if human beings could live forever.

It would honestly be loving terrible.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Moridin920 posted:

life is like a hurricane

Does it rock you?

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Its called age, OP. the only cure is day drinkin'

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

jackyl posted:

the explanation is a year of ur life is a smaller percentage of ur life every year u get older

it isn't hard to understand

No its beyond that

There's probably a biological reason worked in (it gets worse if you work out a lot) but also instead of learning and being stimulated you are now trying to do the exact same poo poo every single day so you don't get fired/whined at

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's because adults don't have regular milestones in life like young people do. Once you get a full-time job your on the express train to a dull repetitive life.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

every night i write in a journal how many days it has been since i began the journal. this is basically like scratching a tally into the wall of my prison cell.

i was curious about the sensation/perception of elapsing time on a daytoday scale, so i wanted to actually track that tension.

i don't think it's served to either speed up or slow down time but only to make both of those sensations more acute (they both coexist constantly).

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
hey man, i got a way to slow life down right here :2bong:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Wish I could be frozen for a while. Mainly because all we can do in this era is explore dank memes.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

"may yo9u live in a time of dank memes" 0- ancient chinese prostate

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i hit 85 kph on my bicycle yesterday

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

idk i'm just

letting the days go by
let the water hold me down

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Maybe you should switch onto cleaner fuels and get your oil & fluids checked regularly if you're experiencing issues with performance :iiaca:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
yeah sorry its The Singularity

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Rutibex posted:

great post/custom title combo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the last few seasons they have put out a bunch of animes with 3-minute long episodes. that's probably what you were thinking of, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Rutibex posted:

I already made the Singularity like a month ago* there was a whole earthquake and everything beforehand.

*I made it in my skivvies while I was tripping serious balls at the time so I may have misplaced it in the aether since. I think- I think the singularity's might be trapped in my balls... but there's only one way to find out! :wiggle:

• Locked thread