Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

ballistics statistics posted:

You could scroll up a bit, and see that your question is answered on the same page.

Read the loving page you lazy gently caress. In case you won't, only Walmart has done it so far

I suppose I could. You could also go gently caress yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Ineffiable posted:

More people are reporting pre-orders cancelled due to 'payment information could not be verified' This is looking more likely.

Man maybe I should remove Wal Mart from my alerts because if they wake me up only to cancel my pre-order, I'll hate them more than I already do

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My pre-order was cancelled for the same reason. It's possible there was a typo somewhere though because my wife was placing the order while I gave her my information verbally.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
Mine was cancelled and it was 100% correct. All of the info was already in there, as I've ordered online before. I also ordered in the first 2-3 minutes of the presale. gently caress you and your piece of poo poo family of owners Walmart!

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Divine Styler posted:

Anybody have or picking up the 8bitdo wireless controllers and Bluetooth receiver? I guess it's not officially supported yet, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. The NES one works. 80 bucks is pretty steep though!

I assume it has the same Wii ports since it supports classic controllers. I need to get an adapter as I just got a NES30 Pro from Massdrop. I wish I bought the Wii adapter when it was on sale during prime day, didn't even think about the SNES classic edition.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
speaking of order rage, did you other french web site buyers get an email about your purchase, because I don't think I did.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

BTW just a curious question. Did you have your order ship to the store or to your address on Walmart?

There are pre-orders still open for some people but I am seeing more get canceled.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jack B Nimble posted:

speaking of order rage, did you other french web site buyers get an email about your purchase, because I don't think I did.

Did you buy from fnac? I didn't order the SNES Classic from them, but previous pre-orders of mine through them sent an email very quickly after orders with the subject line "Votre commande Fnac.com du [day of the week in French] [longform date in French]", maybe check your spam folder, it may have gone there since it's not in English, depending on your filtering. It should also be possible to login and check your order details, assuming you actually created an account to order (I don't know if Fnac even supports that).

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

And there's screenshots of customer service reps saying pre-orders will be open next week.

I have a feeling all of the ones from the first wave will be canceled and next week will be the first real chance to get some via Walmart.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ineffiable posted:

BTW just a curious question. Did you have your order ship to the store or to your address on Walmart?

There are pre-orders still open for some people but I am seeing more get canceled.

Shipped mine to store

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

Ineffiable posted:

My home, where things have been shipped before, using the same saved card that is still 2 years away from expiring...

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Yeah I have a really strong feeling all of these pre-orders will be canceled and if cs reps can be trusted we should see Walmart do pre-orders in the next week.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Motherfucker should've checked the thread

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Ineffiable posted:

More people are reporting pre-orders cancelled due to 'payment information could not be verified' This is looking more likely.

I wonder what excuse they're going to use for me... I used Paypal.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
My preorder hasn't been cancelled yet. Am I safe??

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
FYI Wal-Mart saves your CC info without asking so if you're new to their site for shopping online be sure to log back into your account, click on the CC tab, and delete it. I've only used them once or twice, admittedly didn't use the world's greatest password since I only created an account because they force you to, and someone got into my Wal-Mart account a few months back and ordered a PS4 for store pickup halfway across the country. I was lucky I saw the e-mail about "my" order in time to cancel it.

My SNES classic order hasn't been cancelled and there is a hold on my CC for it so obviously they can't honestly claim they couldn't verify payment info. Interested to see if it holds or not. I'd rather get it via Amazon anyway, but those idiots NEVER e-mail me and they always sell out in 0.5 milliseconds anyway.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Rufio posted:

My preorder hasn't been cancelled yet. Am I safe??

nobody is safe

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Godspeed, gentlegoons :ohdear:

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
My preorder also hasn't been cancelled yet. Hopefully safe. Literally 2 mins after I got mine ordered my buddy got a "sold out" error and couldn't purchase

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I was able to get 7 orders in. None have been cancelled. I think they are favoring the scalpers.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Le sigh, I don't have anything from fnac except the cc transaction...

Don't really want to deal with forgien language customer support.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

Out of curiosity, do we know for sure that the SNES Classic is going to have a USB plugin like the NES did? If they go with a proprietary power cord instead of USB, there goes easy hacking.

To put all doubts to rest https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/30/15874874/snes-classic-edition-nintendo-impressions-photos

Also I used a saved updated credit card when I put in my orders with Walmart. All 3 of my orders were Site-To-Store. I have not received any notification of a cancellation yet.

ProjektorBoy fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 22, 2017

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
So should I be refreshing amazon and best buy a lot today or what? I can't figure out if walmart actually messed up or not.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

so far so good on my 2 orders.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Jack B Nimble posted:

Ya, I got an email from FNAC that same night. Haven't received any updates but didn't expect to until its release.

Ineffiable posted:

I had one shipped and one for pickup. Will see. So far no emails and the one I had shipped to me house was in my cart within 30 seconds of the order going live and purchase was completed within 2 min of that. So either they are just cancelling certain orders for specific reasons, or starting with the later orders and cancelling those first.

Or maybe they oversold what they meant to and cancelling the later orders.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
My order not cancelled yet either. No biggie either way.

I'm very lukewarm about having a pre-order.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTzyz2TgGls

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I'm so glad I got the 5 minute Amazon uk window and have a trusted friend in Europe to forward it because gently caress trusting Wal-Mart for anything

That and it looks better and I don't have nostalgia for the purple.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Site seems to show my preorder just fine now. No cancellation, but I'm still holding on to my Amazon UK preorder just in case.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Lol if you aren't getting the US one, the Japanese one, and the European one

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Good luck to you lot in the US, I hope you guys all actually get your preorders :ohdear:.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

so far so good on my 2 orders.

same. wasn't expecting to get one of these anyway so it'll be a nice bonus if they actually arrive.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Turns out my account on fnac does show the order, seems to say it's being prepared, "En cours de préparation", can anyone please tell me if that's what thier account shows?.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
mine says "Allez-vous vous baiser, vous êtes un scalper américain"

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Jack B Nimble posted:

Turns out my account on fnac does show the order, seems to say it's being prepared, "En cours de préparation", can anyone please tell me if that's what thier account shows?.

Mine says "En attente de livraison fournisseur" which is apparently "waiting for supplier delivery"

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

haha

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

:eng101: "Va te faire foutre" is the correct way to start that. also the "scalper" qualifier wouldn't be necessary, being American full stop is amply sufficient reason for the French to tell you off.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
Walmart support lady said "it was a problem with our website" "we're getting more next week".

Then I told her I appreciated her help and didn't blame her, then bitched about them being the largest corporation on the planet and not offering a voucher to the people they hosed up on is unacceptable blah blah. Of course, that did nothing, so I guess I try again next week. :)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

There's no consistency to the cancelations. Best I can see is Walmart is canceling at random. Target officially confirmed they will have pre-orders and Walmart seems to be saying they'll have it next week.

Worst case is Walmart does cancel all orders and we have to prepare for the next rush. But we would be in the same spot we were 24 hours ago.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Divine Styler posted:

Walmart support lady said "it was a problem with our website" "we're getting more next week".

Then I told her I appreciated her help and didn't blame her, then bitched about them being the largest corporation on the planet and not offering a voucher to the people they hosed up on is unacceptable blah blah. Of course, that did nothing, so I guess I try again next week. :)

That makes me think the pre-order wasn't by mistake, but either the cancellations or overselling of them was a problem with the website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Still have my pre-order but I'll cancel if I can get one from Amazon or Best Buy

Walmart is congratulating people so I doubt they'll cancel all orders

https://twitter.com/Walmart/status/888622461817958401