Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Looks like a must buy with a 2nd controller :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Lt. Chips posted:

Are you actually serious here?

Some people put a 0 dollar value for their time, how is this surprising

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I mean you're talking maybe an hour of setup so I don't see what the big deal is :shrug:

What part of what I said is so offensive to you?

I'm sure every non technical person can set that up in an hour, without accounting for them downloading the legal rom backups of the games they presently own.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I'm not going to :can: the ROMs/:filez: argument, but seriously, if you've never done it, getting RetroPie setup is incredibly simple, and configuring it is also pretty easy. I hate to link Gawker poo poo, but if Lifehacker posts a guide for it, that usually means even the most brain-dead person could get it done pretty easily.

I'm not saying "durr the mini NES is a terrible idea because you should just DIY it you pleb," but for all the people who wish it came with/let you add more games, or wish there was an SNES version, setting up a Pi gaming station is a valid alternative.

Also, how are these any different from those 30-in-1 Genesis or Atari systems you can buy at Target etc.? Better quality, maybe, but other than savestates and the fact that the controller will work on a WiiU, I don't see a big difference.

Piracy tends to make things cheaper I agree, but look Nintendo is selling a product here with legit games and hardware at a pretty decent price. You may think a Nintendo branded emulator is silly but I bet they move a lot of units of this thing.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Bardeh posted:

I want a SNES one

If they do they will need more than 30 games.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Maybe the small controller is meant for kids under 12. I'm modding my Wii now, but will probably buy this HDMI Nintendo as a carry along

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

univbee posted:

Japan getting in on that third-party accessories for Nintendo's mini console market.

Even includes the warning sticks to put on your Famicom Mini to complete the original look.

972 yen, selling like hotcakes because of course.

Is it just me or does that actually read "CBM-033 CR ASSIC BOX"?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Sold out everywhere locally, on canadian kijiji (craigslist) for $400 CAD now :razz:

I caved and soft-modded my wii, then bought a first party classic controller instead. It was a huge hit with my family for Canadian thanksgiving

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
NEW NINTENDO CLASSIC EDITION NES CONTROLLER! SEALED!

Price
$230.00

:lol:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

univbee posted:

My NES Classic is ready.

Obviously a fake, the real nes would've had them all rated 5. Except for Mario 2, that's a 3.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

MarcusSA posted:

I finally got my mini and gently caress that controller cord is short. Wtf

Also my wife and I played dr MARIO for like 3 hours last night.

A++ would buy again.

But, are you a Fever or Chill guy?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
The WiiU distraction console's production has ended :confused:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
More please rename the thread to NINTENDO HATES MONEY all caps

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
The SNES edition will have much, much higher demand than the NES version. It's probably going to be $60 with included controller ft. a 1 ft cord, and have an optional $40 5.5ft cord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
I can't believe how much money they are leaving on the table with the pent up demand for their cheap as chips retro console(s).