Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My pre-order was cancelled for the same reason. It's possible there was a typo somewhere though because my wife was placing the order while I gave her my information verbally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ineffiable posted:

BTW just a curious question. Did you have your order ship to the store or to your address on Walmart?

There are pre-orders still open for some people but I am seeing more get canceled.

Shipped mine to store

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have always preferred 1. It's shorter, it's not as hard as people seem to imagine, it doesn't have any bullshit trap rooms or places where you'll have to farm if you don't know what you're doing.

The only really glaring issue is some collision detection on propeller platforms, which most people would skip with an item anyhow

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

For Yellow Devil, in Mega Man 1. Be aware the pattern it flies across the screen is exactly the same every time. You have to jump just four or five times. At one point there is two blobs you can jump over at once. If he is on the right side of the screen after jumping over those two, you can walk right through him and not worry about dodging the rest. If he is on the left side of the screen you can't do that and need to dodge them all.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yoshi's Island, Castlevania IV, and Star Fox aren't available either due to the Super FX chip.

Castlevania IV was near an SNES launch title and had no special chips, and is available on Wii, wiiu, and maybe 3ds

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's the Ethernet for, satellaview?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think I get why DKC instead of 2 or 3. If they're gonna have a Donkey Kong game on there it's going to actually star Donkey Kong. Pushing the brand is a priority, they aren't making new Diddy or Dixie Kong games. DK is the star.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

barbecue at the folks posted:

Also no-one cares about what weird fetish smut you get off to, least of all Steve Ballmer's minions.

I dunno Steve Ballmer might be

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can line up in front of a store

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It makes sense for Amazon to let people order with no limits. Where are a lot of resellers going to do business at jacked up prices? Amazon, and they'll get a cut.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I made a large post about this once.

Mario 64, kart, Party 2, Golf, Paper, Tennis
F-Zero X, Waverace, Pilotwings 64, 1080 snowboarding or snowboard kids
DK 64, Mischief Makers, Zelda oot and mm, Castlevania, Sin and Punishment, Star Fox 64, Yoshi Story, Ogre Battle, Smash Bros, Pokemon snap, Bomberman 64

That's an easy 22 games without licenses or from developers very friendly to Nintendo. There are more you could add, especially if Microsoft wanted to play ball for some easy license fees. Japan has even more you could easily add, like Animal Forest or Goemon. For an exclusive they could throw in some never published in America 64DD thing. Just a little top heavy on racing and sports games.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Waltzing Along posted:

It would be easy to put a ton of games on the N64 classic. My point is that they are bad games. You listed DK64 on there. C'mon.

I listed it cause it's gonna be on it no matter what to represent the franchise. That game has value though, it's about the only place you can get an officially released arcade perfect port of the original Donkey Kong

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Good soup! posted:

There would have been more cross-platform porting going on, too, but IIRC wasn't the 64 a pain in the rear end to develop for? Sony still would have emerged as the victor perhaps, but it likely would have been a closer race and Nintendo wouldn't have hamstrung themselves on stupid poo poo like the 64DD which I'd imagine took up resources that would have been better spent elsewhere

Yamauchi limited tech manuals and documentation to close partners in an effort to discourage shovelware.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is a loving joke

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Seriously, gently caress Nintendo. This is dumb.

This is all retailers man

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Twerk from Home posted:

Retailers can't make more stock. This is on Nintendo for intentionally under-producing a limited run item.

Oh really? How many did they produce?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

gently caress you

He's joking man

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I can't even get GameStop to load

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I had it in my cart at Target like three times. At one point I had TWO in my cart but couldn't make it just one, I only wanted one. None of the times did I get through.

I don't think Nintendo is to blame for these lovely retail websites. Europe and Australia have had multiple preorders up for hours at a time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why don't they use one of those stupid "highlight all squares where there are cows" verification things?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I drove like a bat out of hell to GameStop to preorder. By the time I was out there were enough people behind me in line it was gonna be sold out. When I got there there were 6 left.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

s.i.r.e. posted:

For people that went in person to GameStop, could you have ordered multiple?

I didn't ask but I'm pretty sure no loving way

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At mine the lady got a call along if they had any preorders available for the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition. She said they had one but they've had it all day and no one else asked about it so far.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

NES classic has zero preorders and ended up selling about 3 million. If we extrapolate SNES Classic had thousands of preorders therefore erro div by zero not allowed

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

What is happening with the Xbone today?

Preorders for the special editions. Also Madden comes out today.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

jivjov posted:

Other people got through checkout faster. Putting one in your online cart doesn't reserve it exclusively for you.

Chris Wheatley?!? I loving know that guy. I worked with him. He spent my last several months at that company haranguing me daily with rhetorical questions trying to make me admit God exists.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It was really funny cause GameStop in store ordering systems are hooked to their servers, which were down from the traffic so essentially the clerk had to keep hitting refresh to make anything work for any of their product.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

AxeManiac posted:

It's this one: SNES Classic Dual Wireless Controller and Guide Bundle - Only at GameStop 164.99

I hope the book is cool, and hardcover.

I have the NES version of the same book that came out last year and it is indeed very cool and hardcover. Had every article from Nintendo power pertaining to the games. (The Nintendo published one anyway) and a lot of bonus content

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pierson posted:

Since we're all just marking time until more pre-orders come out let's discuss the SNES controller. Is it true that all third-party copies of the controller feel like poo poo because Nintendo hold the patent on the specific D-pad it used, or is that just nostalgia-based rumour? I've tried some third-party ones from amazon and even the ones with decent build quality felt 'wrong'. If that little factoid really is true, is there any way to get your hands on a 'good' SNES controller outside of the SNES Classic?

It was true but that patent expired in the mid to late 00s

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Does the 8bitdo have a connection that works with the Wii port?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I didn't even know they had physical stores

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/900208450071916544

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah what are they supposed to do, write 21 new Quebecqouis specific French localizations for > 20 year old games?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Honestly the instruction manuals would be reason enough. That's an undertaking. They don't want to have to produce a seperate version of the product for a tiny region.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm sure if you go a few hours before opening you'd be fine, not just at toys r us, but any major retailer. Preorders did not represent all stock.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

univbee posted:

They did. It was called the PSTV. There were no supply issues.

There were no demand issues

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Weren't they more like Vitas than PS1s?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

BonoMan posted:

Ha. I have one of these... actually never used it and still not even sure, um, what it does?

It's a Roku that plays Vita games.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Axetrain posted:

Chrono Trigger and DK2 are the worst omissions from SNES classic but I also really wish it had Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Secret of Mana was a better choice because of the co-op. DKC over DKC2 because if you're going to have a Donkey Kong game on there, they probably want one that actually stars Donkey Kong.

For me the biggest omission is Pilotwings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope if they do make an N64 classic they send a review copy to Gaming In the Clinton Years