Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Holy poo poo that's a great list of games. If I could buy that package for the Switch I'd pay $80 for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Got one. Hope my sister likes it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Aw, my pre-order got cancelled due to the bullshit excuse. I think I ordered about 22min after they became available.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Had to futz about getting my password reset since it wouldn't let me check out as a guest but I still got one.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I didn't get the nowinstock alert until 2:15 am. So or course I missed it. What the hell did I do wrong?

Was it the text or the email alert? I got the text way before the email.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Anyone still see small local computer stores anywhere? I think they all died around here a few years ago.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I feel like any cleaning a roomba does is incidental to its primary function, which is to be a cute little robot that scoots around your home.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Cuntellectual posted:

I'm really interested in playing Secret of Mana. I heard a lot of it got cut but it still ended up being pretty good?

One of the games I had on GBA was Sword of Mana, which was fun but I could never go for more than 5 minutes without getting stuck.

Secret of Mana is probably the best in the series just because the weapons and combat feel so satisfying. The later games always felt sluggish.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I dunno when and for what reason I bought this used wii classic controller but I'm sure glad I have it so I can reset from the couch.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Spacebump posted:

After I bought my SNES Classic I decided to give it to my brother since he was unable to find one and I don't have much free time. I want to open that box and hook it up so bad.

The one I got went from "christmas present for sister" to "my sister will love playing this when she visits this weekend" pretty quick.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

enojy posted:

Bebe’s Kids (poor framerate)

You sure that's not just how that game is? It is famously lovely.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

enojy posted:

I think so, yea. The intro cutscenes are fine; the game itself then runs at like 10FPS. I don't want this poo poo! It's someone else's SNES Classic I'm gifting!

So it's somehow worse than this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ROMm8tHYU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mantis42 posted:

It would be an amazing crank to gift someone the SNES Mini with only a broken rom of Bebe's Kids on it and no other games.

Nah it would have to be 20+1 of the absolute worst games the SNES has to offer, the +1 being something not released commercially.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I tried the Brave New World patch and liked what it did for the gameplay but wasn't a fan of some of the dialog changes.

It's not FF6 if someone doesn't say "TunnelArmr!!"

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

SD3 is worth a shot but it isn't as good as SoM and i remember disliking the PS1 game when i rented it. Brave Fencer Musashi felt more like a worthy follow-up.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

SoM has a whip. :colbert:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dejawesp posted:

What do you all think are the best weapon combinations?

The only weapons I trusted was the sword, axe, fists. The other weapons seemed really hard to use and to get proper damage out of.

The whip is the best because of the range and huge hitbox. Sword/axe/spear are all good. Gloves are less good but fun and the boomerang has squirrly hit detection but otherwise okay. The bow and pole dart are just poo poo.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dejawesp posted:

I can't imagine the girl with anything but gloves. She has some cool fighting moves.

The best part of the gloves is sometimes you just bodyslam a dude.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Detective No. 27 posted:

So basically Mana chat has lead me to the conclusion that it stole the spot that Chrono Trigger rightfully deserved.

Nah Kirby Dream Course did.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Kiranamos posted:

It's actually Super Mario Kart

Too iconic. It would be like ditching F-Zero or Super Ghouls & Ghosts, even if KDC is better than any of them.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think it's extremely likely that Chrono Trigger was on Nintendo's wishlist when talking to Square-Enix, but FF6/Mana was the deal they could get.

Yeah, getting the rights for CT on top of what they already got probably would have added another $5-10 to the MSRP.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Shoota_McG posted:

Not only is 64 not as good as SMK, it’s not even a good game.

I don't understand this opinion at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dejawesp posted:

You make a lot of good points. I had the same experience with bosses. Spam hostile magic until it dies. I could never defeat a boss through skilled regular fighting because most boss special attacks are spells that can't be dodged.

I feel like the gigas-type bosses are generally the only ones with magic dangerous enough to just nuke down. Otherwise i prefer using weapons.