Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I was going to make a smart-assed remark about the thread title, but then I actually could see myself buying this, and I haven't seriously considered buying a gaming appliance in over a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Germstore posted:

- boot up play through the entirety of Adventures of Link
- store away for months or years
- boot up play through the entirety of Adventures of Link

worth $60 imho
I like you.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Does Ricoh even have the tooling to make those chips any more?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I'm okay with a not completely authentic experience. For instance, I don't need rampant sprite flicker in The Guardian Legend, or weird slowdown in Zelda 2 when there are too many monster spawns on the over world map.

A few extra sound channels so that sound effects don't override the soundtrack wouldn't go unappreciated, either.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

univbee posted:

lol if you think you're getting any of these things. The weird slowdown in Zelda 2 is definitely sticking around.
LoL if you think I actually think we'd get such a thing.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

The Genesis version of the top one is legit. I got that for my sister for Christmas last year and she loves it. It has a cartridge slot so you can play real games too as well as controller plugs to use original controllers.

Once again, Genesis does what Nintendon't.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jerk McJerkface posted:

You don't remember how metroid had the regenerating shield bar or that Zelda had save points every five minutes?

Zelda let you save after every death so... if you're bad at video games, Zelda did indeed have save points every five minutes.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I'm almost willing to give odds that Nintendo will say "What, people actually want to play Super Metroid on this? We can't possibly understand why."

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

No Actraiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Is that the 3-pack-of-cigarettes-a-day step-dad version?