Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
Does Anyone have any experience with Fire Emblem 6? Whenever i try to complete Chapter 11, it freezes as i seize the throne. Are there any gameshark/codebreaker codes to instantly win the level? Im using a translated ROM on VBA if it helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

For the love of god, someone help this extremely lame man cheat at his stolen game!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

For the love of god, someone help this extremely lame man cheat at his stolen game!
And when you get done helping me, help DildenAnders, too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
do a barrel roll. get it? it is a video game reference and deliberately unhelpful.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Yeah hold down and mash "B" every half-second to complete the level as you step onto the throne itself. Don't get the timing wrong, though!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Yeah its tricky but when the Danger Room asks you to reset the computer they want you to hit the physical 'reset' button on your console. Hopefully this aids you.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Many people probably just brute force their way through the maze, but actually the rug on the floor in the bedroom is a map of it so you can preemptively solve it!

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

There's no trick to it. I'm afraid you just suck at the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what translation patch are you using? there are a couple, and one's more stable than the other. did you input any gameshark/ar codes already?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

works on my pc

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is that the first gba one? that game was ok

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

is that the first gba one? that game was ok
it's the first gba one but it was never released in the us

roy's in it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Endorph posted:

roy's in it

ok not the one i'm thinking of then

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

ok not the one i'm thinking of then

the one you're thinking of is fe7

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Endorph posted:

roy's in it

it's awesome that the koopa kids made a crossover into FE

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Coolguye posted:

it's awesome that the koopa kids made a crossover into FE

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

Many people probably just brute force their way through the maze, but actually the rug on the floor in the bedroom is a map of it so you can preemptively solve it!

What game is this actually from?

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Endorph posted:

what translation patch are you using? there are a couple, and one's more stable than the other. did you input any gameshark/ar codes already?

This is where i got it from

I'M SO loving DUMB

yes yes i know tumblr but yeah i checked around and im not trying to cheat the level is broken im just trying to get past it. i didnt put any codes in yet

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

:eyepop:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i told you

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

Like im just wondering if there's any instant win codes or ways i could bypass the level. I like the game a lot but if this chapter is broken then i cant get any farther

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

OP is bad but in his defense Roy is even worse.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

solo the game with marcus

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
the only thing worse than roy in fe6 is everything else

I dunno just play it in japanese that's what I did, it's not like the story is any good and you should know what all the icons mean

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DildenAnders posted:

Like im just wondering if there's any instant win codes or ways i could bypass the level. I like the game a lot but if this chapter is broken then i cant get any farther
when does it crash? you could try mashing enter when you seize to try and skip the bugged cutscene. or is it when you hit the seize command?

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

DoctorStrangelove posted:

OP is bad but in his defense Roy is even worse.

Ouch

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

Endorph posted:

when does it crash? you could try mashing enter when you seize to try and skip the bugged cutscene. or is it when you hit the seize command?

It doesnt crash as much as ill go to seize the map, and itll stop there, like the sprite will keep moving and the music will keep playing but itll stay there forever as far as i know

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

do you have a save a couple of chapters back? chapter 9 or before

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

The last save i have is in the middle of that level where you have to choose between two villages, the first Western Isles one. i think its chapter 9? The one where you recruit shin and that terrible myrmidon lady.
EDIT Yeah it is chapter 9

DildenAnders fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 14, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

perfect

just pick the one you didn't choose the last time. there's two routes based on which village you pick, each with their own maps, so it's possible the other version of chapter 11 isn't bugged.

if you can't remember which village you picked -

if chapter 11 looked like this, pick the right one. if it didn't look like that, pick the left one.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

Yup thats it thanks. Now i have to arena abuse lugh rutger and allen again ):

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
You've got to find the silver sword and take it to the hidden room! I promise this will work.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

VideoGames posted:

You've got to find the silver sword and take it to the hidden room! I promise this will work.

I doubt he has anyone with B swords at that point.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all these mods futilely trolling while i, a true gamer, help this man beat fire emblem 6

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

all these mods futilely trolling while i, a true gamer, help this man beat fire emblem 6

We who are about to die salute you, Endorph.

Then we'll just reset until we don't die.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

A true gamer would tell him to play FE7 or 9 instead.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

Junpei Hyde posted:

I doubt he has anyone with B swords at that point.

I will know solemly inform you that no, Dieck and Allen are both at S sword rank because i have no life

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

b swords = butt swords

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

tbh id rather play fe6 than fe9 because fe9 might have better game design but it's also slow as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

Junpei Hyde posted:

ive played 8, 10, and 11. My brother told me 7 is too easy, and my wii is broken so no more 9 or 10

• Locked thread