Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Was it just some OCD boredom deal?

Yea, he was pissed that he couldn't walk/be normal, so he latched onto an obsession he could distract himself with and also use as a way to subconsciously punish Marie. I was so glad when he recovered, because I started to really hate Hank for putting Marie through all that crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

I still can't pinpoint the exact moment he became unsympathetic. Some say "when he started dealing meth" but I don't think it's that cut and dried.

This point will vary for everyone, but for me it was when he murdered Jane through inaction. It's an extremely strong human response to want to help/save someone in distress and you can see Walt get that response, then actively clamp it down and just stand there and watch her die.

That's when he's a full on sociopath. Everything before that I can basically justify as self defense or Walt making the best of a bad situation. But looking back on it all, that's when he "breaks" bad, if you'll forgive the pun.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Secular Humanist posted:

One thing I don't fully get: In S4 how did Walt know that the Tyrus dude or whatever his name was would happen to be watching the DEA that one afternoon when Hector showed up to the DEA to "inform"? Obviously Walt was counting on Tyrus seeing him there and reporting back to Gus that Hector was talking to the DEA, but what if Tyrus just happened to not notice or be there monitoring them when Hector showed up?

Walt knows that Gus is hyper competent and obsessed with Hector, seems pretty simple to me.

Also, Walt has seen what Gus does to his henchmen who fail him.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I can't imagine why the wife of a school teacher would be concerned that her husband was buying pot from a former student.

No way he could get in trouble at work for that.

• Locked thread